Pandora Media Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Account Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pandora Media.

Interview

Standard phone screen then either multiple in person interviews or if remote it would be skype and phone interviews. There are mock sales calls as well, make sure to practice! I had applied for another position at Pandora as well and had 5 interviews and didn't get the gig. Make sure to polish your answers and be yourself.

Analyst Interview

Interview

was really excited after my phone screen. interviewer and i got along well. came onsite and was wowed by the offices. really modern and hip and definitely the music vibe is everywhere. most of the interviews went well and our interactions were great. however, problem with one key interviewer. she almost had no personality and seemed on guard. interacting with her was painful and i'm glad i didn't move forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Technical screening with recruiter - basic
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager - non-technical
    3. Second phone interview with a team member - semi-technical
    4. On-site interview - 4 technical rounds and hiring manager

1st. round - interviewer was prepared and asked good questions from a preselected list of JS/HTML/CSS questions.

2nd. round - seem to be in a hurry and showed some lack of patience. He did ask question from the same list - JS/HTML/CSS questions.

3rd round - this fella refused to use the list of questions. Threw a whiteboard algo problem built around TSP/Dijkstra. Something he claims no one has been able to answer. I usually refrain from answering whiteboard algo problems. I went with it and derailed my momentum.

4th round - basic JS questions and another whiteboard problem not related algo.

5th round - hiring manager. I had given up by then. Just continued to be polite.

Interview Questions

• Run-off the mill JS/HTML/CSS questions. I think anyone with above average web skills should be able to answer them.

Whiteboard algorithm problems. Go with it if you've memorized the Cormen book.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pandora Media.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter on phone. Asked some silly questions relating to Work Authorization. No international worker gets to stay in US for more than 6 years. Asks how many hours I use Pandora everyday and gets sad when I say I hardly get time to listen to music. Told the motivation to apply was the position and skill set. Reject mail within an hour. Don't be honest with these recruiters.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty intense 3 hour process going through 4 groups of people. Fair questions considering the type of shop they run. I only rank the experience as middling because the first team of people interviewing consisted of one person that ducked out midway into their session and rarely made a comment and the other member of this "phase" of the interview scowled and looked annoyed that they had to do the interview throughout. You may want to start off the interview with rounds with people that make the job seem appealing and not so demeaned by having to conduct an interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see myself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pandora Media (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter who was very positive and energetic. Then went on to phone screen with hiring managers. Met the team and took a sales planner test on CPMs and revenue. Everyone was nice and friendly. Asked behavioral questions and wanted me to ask many questions.

Interview Questions

• What role do you play in a team?
      What can you bring to Pandora?
      How have you handled a past mistake?
      How do you earn trust?

Answer Question

Trainer, Ad Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and the recruiter never called during the scheduled time. After I emailed her to reschedule she called me, but acted distracted and disinterested. I looped back with her several times and she never responded. It was one of the more negative experiences with a recruiter I have had.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got invited to a 1:1 phone interview. I was asked about my availability for the weekend and weekday. I provided the requested information and a week went by without a response. I was then asked from the recruiter my availability does not work for her. Therefore, I was asked about my availability for the coming week. Three weeks passed and I get an e-mail the position has been filled.

In all my years of working as a professional I have never experienced this treatment. I find it odd and rude. Speaks volumes of the type of professionalism this company has. Overall, I'm glad I dodged a bullet. So thank you.

Interview Questions

• I got confirmation the 30 minute phone interview would be 1:1 with the recruiter.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screen from Recruiter, phone screen from manager, face to face interview with 4 people in a very small room.
    Small room was dark and claustrophobic.
    People were nice, but I think they already had a candidate in mind and I was just a backup.
    i also think their interviewers were under-prepared. Questions were asked that had nothing to do with the job, asked multiple times by the interviewers.
    Still not sure exactly what they were looking for in the role.

Interview Questions

• Risk based testing was asked this by 2 interviewers   1 Answer

Social Media Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pandora Media (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through three recruiters through emails and phone calls before speaking with the Director of Social Media on the phone. To get to that point took over 2 weeks. I felt very confident with my ideas on how I would apply myself to Pandora for the better. I continued to write follow up emails and finally the recruiter wrote me back saying that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about Pandora if you could? What would you bring to the table.   Answer Question