Panduit Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.9

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very strange. Met with two groups of two potential colleagues/supervisor then one-on-one with the divisional VP. Never left the conference room. No tour. No energy from the interviewers. Typical "tell me a time when" questions. Just an odd, disconnected vibe throughout.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lockport, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Lockport, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Started with a phone screening by the Co they use to filter their applications through. This was a great screening and individual seemed to know the basics of the position. 2. Phone interview with hiring manager. This also went extremely well and I was on my way to a in person visit and panel interview. 3. Loved it. 5 people on the panel. I answered all their questions and had many of my own answered. Finished with an hour long chat with the hiring manager. Overall I felt great about the process and possible position. Both the phone and in person interview went way longer than the allotted time and all seemed good. End result is that I didn't get the offer and was told that someone was chosen that had Panduit experience. I had to chase the screening agency down to get this answer (took about 6 days).

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with conflict? 3 different people on the panel asked me this and I thought this was the strangest thing...that it was asked 3 times in a short period of time.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a two person panel interview and then a one person interview in the same day. Some questions were behavioral others were regarding my experience and skills. Very easy and everyone in the process was very helpful.

Negotiation

I declined the position at first and then was called a couple of months later and reoffered the position. I do believe they bring their best offer to the candidate at first.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Went on-site for two hours and met with people from the talent acquisition group. The offer stage was strange. I asked for an extension to make my decision by one day through voice-mail and email. I got no response and assumed I had the night to make my final decision. I received an email around 7pm that evening saying the request to extend was declined and the offer was no longer on the table. The ending came out very unprofessionally. It felt like they were avoiding my rejection by rejecting me first.

Interview Questions

• They focused on behavioral based interview questions, asked a lot about specific scenarios I had been in and how I handled them and what I learned.   Answer Question

I received a counter-offer from my current company that was too hard to pass up.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit (Burr Ridge, IL).

Interview

A joke.

Interview Questions

• None really. It was pretty straight forward.   1 Answer

Pay was low and reviews were bad. I didn't want to go down this road.

Assistant Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panduit (Burr Ridge, IL).

Interview

Brownies

Interview Questions

Pay was very low. Morale is low. Bad reviews of workplace. Management is an unjustified mess. Software needs draino.

Warehouse Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (DeKalb, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Then moved on to a test on a computer. Then was called back for face to face with three managers. Took around 2 weeks overall to complete.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you find to be most important in your previous places of employment.   1 Answer

Data Center Design Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Very nice phone interview was first. After there was a flight out to WHQ for a day long round of interviews. It was a lot of people and a lot of questions but overall it was fairly relaxed. They really wanted to get to know me and how I have handled issues in the past. They wanted to know how I work and the manner that I think about problems.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in the direction that I feel IT is going (focused on the data center environment).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was very easy. Their HR rep put together a generous relocation package great salary and decent benefits.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panduit (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Behavioral targeted questions usually with multiple people including functional peers, cross functional peers, direct report to manager, next level up manager, as well as HR. Interview process started with phone screening with hiring manager, was over 2 day period to ensure the right interviewers were available. Unfortunately the decision process took 5+ weeks due to layers approval processes by upper management.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you...how did you go about solving....what was the outcome...how did you apply to future situations: - had conflict with a customer, - conflict with employee, - didn't & know the answer to solve a problem - made the wrong decision - changed behavior of a team   1 Answer

Negotiation

This company is not accustomed to negotiation but was able to increase vacation time by one week

Manager Reporting to Head of PLM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

First off, I was contacted by HR whether I was interested in this position in November, position description sounded like business and product analysis, KPIs, process improvement. Just as a note, this position was open for more than a year and for some reason Panduit was still trying to fill this one. I had phone interviews with HR, PLM director and one other Product Manager and after two weeks of silence, HR told me about a restructuring and said the position changed. After again three weeks of silence, HR called me back to interview me again. Questions were mostly behavioral. Then one week passed and they wanted me to have interviews in person in their location. Interview started 20 mins late as the first interviewer from HR did not show on time. After typical questions like "tell me about a time when you had to convince a manager etc" I learned that the second interviewer who happens to be the hiring Manager did not show up. Instead there was a substitute. Overall it went well. Three weeks later Panduit HR said they want to let me know that there is yet another change in the job decsription and wanted to have another set of interviews with HR, Hiring Manager and another Manager. HR asked me again and agin the same type of questions as if he did not ask these before and I patiently answered them. Then I learned that second interviewer did not feel well and had to be replaced by another surprise manager who probably did not know the ever changing dynamics of changing job description. Then the last interviewer was the hiring manager who asked again some trivial past projects, behavioral, situational questions. A week later, HR called to say that this position is no longer available and they changed the job based on new requirements of organization. When I asked for feedback, HR said they really liked me and stuff but they needed someone with mor tactical hands on product management experience. Overall: Do not waste your time with this company especially if you are in a junction to make an important career decision, as the managers in this company do not know what they need, where they would like to take comapny and they lack fundamental managerial skills and vision. I simply wasted my time with this company who really did not deserve my skills and professiona background in the first place.