Panduit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Tinley Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Panduit in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Went on-site for two hours and met with people from the talent acquisition group. The offer stage was strange. I asked for an extension to make my decision by one day through voice-mail and email. I got no response and assumed I had the night to make my final decision. I received an email around 7pm that evening saying the request to extend was declined and the offer was no longer on the table. The ending came out very unprofessionally. It felt like they were avoiding my rejection by rejecting me first.

Interview Question – They focused on behavioral based interview questions, asked a lot about specific scenarios I had been in and how I handled them and what I learned.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a counter-offer from my current company that was too hard to pass up.

Scheduler Interview

Scheduler
Tinley Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Panduit in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hired young out of school. Entry level.

Interview Question – Where will you be in 5 years.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Panduit.

Interview Details – A joke.

Interview Question – None really. It was pretty straight forward.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay was low and reviews were bad. I didn't want to go down this road.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Warehouse Technician I Interview

Warehouse Technician I
DeKalb, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panduit in July 2009.

Interview Details – You have to take a test. It takes about an hour. Then you get an interview with 2 people. Questions are easy.

Interview Question – When have you felt honesty was inappropriate and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a job and I took it.

Assistant Chief Engineer Interview

Assistant Chief Engineer
Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Panduit.

Interview Details – Brownies

Interview Question – Why would you want to work here   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was very low. Morale is low. Bad reviews of workplace. Management is an unjustified mess. Software needs draino.

Data Center Design Architect Interview

Data Center Design Architect
Tinley Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Panduit in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very nice phone interview was first. After there was a flight out to WHQ for a day long round of interviews. It was a lot of people and a lot of questions but overall it was fairly relaxed. They really wanted to get to know me and how I have handled issues in the past. They wanted to know how I work and the manner that I think about problems.

Interview Question – They were very interested in the direction that I feel IT is going (focused on the data center environment).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very easy. Their HR rep put together a generous relocation package great salary and decent benefits.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Corporate Recruiter
Tinley Park, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panduit in October 2011.

Interview Details – Selection process was fantastic! The interview went well with the Talent Acquisition Director and 2 Technical Recruiters that were able to start providing knowledge of the Panduit corporate culture from the start of my interviewing process.

The team was very open and honest with me about position expectations.

Negotiation Details – Great negoation process where I felt as if the company really played to my advantage on career growth & training, benefits & compensation and work/life balance.

Warehouse Technician I Interview

Warehouse Technician I
DeKalb, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Panduit in April 2011.

Interview Details – initial application and computerized test of standard skills. Phonecall back to set up interview with HR representative, separately interviewed with HR rep, and shift supervisor.

Interview Question – which is the most important,, efficiency, accuracy, safety?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations took place. initial offer accepted.

Manager Reporting to Head of PLM Interview

Manager Reporting to Head of PLM
Tinley Park, IL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Panduit in January 2012.

Interview Details – First off, I was contacted by HR whether I was interested in this position in November, position description sounded like business and product analysis, KPIs, process improvement. Just as a note, this position was open for more than a year and for some reason Panduit was still trying to fill this one.

I had phone interviews with HR, PLM director and one other Product Manager and after two weeks of silence, HR told me about a restructuring and said the position changed. After again three weeks of silence, HR called me back to interview me again. Questions were mostly behavioral. Then one week passed and they wanted me to have interviews in person in their location.

Interview started 20 mins late as the first interviewer from HR did not show on time. After typical questions like "tell me about a time when you had to convince a manager etc" I learned that the second interviewer who happens to be the hiring Manager did not show up. Instead there was a substitute. Overall it went well.

Three weeks later Panduit HR said they want to let me know that there is yet another change in the job decsription and wanted to have another set of interviews with HR, Hiring Manager and another Manager.
HR asked me again and agin the same type of questions as if he did not ask these before and I patiently answered them. Then I learned that second interviewer did not feel well and had to be replaced by another surprise manager who probably did not know the ever changing dynamics of changing job description. Then the last interviewer was the hiring manager who asked again some trivial past projects, behavioral, situational questions.

A week later, HR called to say that this position is no longer available and they changed the job based on new requirements of organization. When I asked for feedback, HR said they really liked me and stuff but they needed someone with mor tactical hands on product management experience.

Overall: Do not waste your time with this company especially if you are in a junction to make an important career decision, as the managers in this company do not know what they need, where they would like to take comapny and they lack fundamental managerial skills and vision. I simply wasted my time with this company who really did not deserve my skills and professiona background in the first place.

Interview Questions

Sales Interview

Sales
Tinley Park, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Panduit in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter about an open position overseas for which my qualifications would have made me qualified. I was asked if I would be able to relocate overseas for the job and I provided them an affirmative answer. I was told that I would have a telephone interview with the Global Sales Manager.

This interview went off as advertised, with normal/typical questions asked regarding past experiences, what-if scenarios and expectations. The time for the interview took approximately 30 minutes. I was informed later in the week by the recruiter that I had been selected for an in-person interview at the Panduit World Headquarters. This took place in mid-September. All travel arrangements were taken care of by the HR personnel and I appreciated that I did not have to do anything -- everything was arranged for me.

The in-person interview was a 3-person panel interview. The interview started about 5 minutes late because one of the panel got out of a meeting late. The interview started with them asking me to give a history of my professional life. I was mid-way through this portion when the 3rd person arrived. I asked if I should start over and did so in order that everyone was on the same footing.

The interview panel consisted of the Global Sales Manager, the Global Industry Solutions Manager, and a Senior HR Manager. The question that I thought odd for me was the "Why Europe?" question. I was being hired for a specific position that would move me to Europe. Why Europe? Because that is what you are hiring me to work! Oh well.

Because I had had the telephone interview with the Global Sales Manager earlier in the month, he was able to ask questions that were deeper than the typical interview questions. The HR Manager asked most of the questions that are standard for interviews. The Global Industry Solutions Manager asked several questions that I felt were softballs for me -- and I appreciated my ability to answer them! Thanks!

The entire interview took over 75 minutes -- longer than the 45-60 minutes they asked me to arrange in the first place. I thought that since I was there longer than prescribed time that was a positive.

The Panduit World Headquarters building is a very nice building that has incorporated the Unified Physical Infrastructure (UPI) design they are trying to model their products toward.

Because the company is privately held -- family owned -- it was extremely difficult to do conduct my due diligence for financials on the company. The company website is somewhat useful for information, but digging around I found many disgruntled former/current workers posting their displeasure about the company. That is a bit unnerving, but I always want to give the benefit of the doubt and observe things for myself before I make up my mind.

Overall, I thought the interview process went well. I thought it was very professional and well thought through on the company's part. I was not selected for the position. I am not upset or disgruntled -- I truly hope that the person they hired is everything they hope they will be and that the candidate is happy with the company.

Interview Questions

• Why Europe?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a problem you encountered in a previous job that you solved.   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 30 / 60 / 90 days? What do you hope to accomplish in these timelines?   View Answer
  • Do you have any questions for us?   View Answer

Worked for Panduit? Contribute to the Community!