Panduit

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.9

Product Design Engineer Interview

Called by an HR specialist, and told to take a drug test prior to interview. After two weeks, they sent me to get my drug test done and scheduled an in person interview. The interview was brief (30 minutes), and casual. About a week later I received a call asking when I could start.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were fairly standard; prior experience, education, etc.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Panduit in April 2014.

There was a two person panel interview and then a one person interview in the same day. Some questions were behavioral others were regarding my experience and skills. Very easy and everyone in the process was very helpful.

I declined the position at first and then was called a couple of months later and reoffered the position. I do believe they bring their best offer to the candidate at first.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Panduit in March 2014.

Phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Went on-site for two hours and met with people from the talent acquisition group. The offer stage was strange. I asked for an extension to make my decision by one day through voice-mail and email. I got no response and assumed I had the night to make my final decision. I received an email around 7pm that evening saying the request to extend was declined and the offer was no longer on the table. The ending came out very unprofessionally. It felt like they were avoiding my rejection by rejecting me first.

Interview Questions
    • They focused on behavioral based interview questions, asked a lot about specific scenarios I had been in and how I handled them and what I learned.   Answer Question

I received a counter-offer from my current company that was too hard to pass up.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Panduit.

A joke.

Interview Questions
    • None really. It was pretty straight forward.   View Answer

Pay was low and reviews were bad. I didn't want to go down this road.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Panduit in August 2013.

Varies--changes every year. Currently, they use an outside recruiter. A colleague interviewed for a promotion and the hiring manager kept texting and using his I-pad. It took them 10 weeks to make a decision, with no communication to the internal candidates during that time.

Interview Questions
    • to paraphrase: you just surgery a few months ago, are you sure you are up to the task?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate salary as they would not budge on the vacation time.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Panduit.

Had about 2 phone screens/ 1 with HR/ 1 with hiring manager.
    Then went onsite 2X with about 4 different people-- General background/Technology questions--- Good experience

Assistant Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Panduit.

Brownies

Interview Questions

Pay was very low. Morale is low. Bad reviews of workplace. Management is an unjustified mess. Software needs draino.

Data Center Design Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Panduit in May 2012.

Very nice phone interview was first. After there was a flight out to WHQ for a day long round of interviews. It was a lot of people and a lot of questions but overall it was fairly relaxed. They really wanted to get to know me and how I have handled issues in the past. They wanted to know how I work and the manner that I think about problems.

Interview Questions
    • They were very interested in the direction that I feel IT is going (focused on the data center environment).   Answer Question
    Negotiation was very easy. Their HR rep put together a generous relocation package great salary and decent benefits.

Manager Reporting to Head of PLM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Panduit in January 2012.

First off, I was contacted by HR whether I was interested in this position in November, position description sounded like business and product analysis, KPIs, process improvement. Just as a note, this position was open for more than a year and for some reason Panduit was still trying to fill this one.

I had phone interviews with HR, PLM director and one other Product Manager and after two weeks of silence, HR told me about a restructuring and said the position changed. After again three weeks of silence, HR called me back to interview me again. Questions were mostly behavioral. Then one week passed and they wanted me to have interviews in person in their location.

Interview started 20 mins late as the first interviewer from HR did not show on time. After typical questions like "tell me about a time when you had to convince a manager etc" I learned that the second interviewer who happens to be the hiring Manager did not show up. Instead there was a substitute. Overall it went well.

Three weeks later Panduit HR said they want to let me know that there is yet another change in the job decsription and wanted to have another set of interviews with HR, Hiring Manager and another Manager.
    HR asked me again and agin the same type of questions as if he did not ask these before and I patiently answered them. Then I learned that second interviewer did not feel well and had to be replaced by another surprise manager who probably did not know the ever changing dynamics of changing job description. Then the last interviewer was the hiring manager who asked again some trivial past projects, behavioral, situational questions.

A week later, HR called to say that this position is no longer available and they changed the job based on new requirements of organization. When I asked for feedback, HR said they really liked me and stuff but they needed someone with mor tactical hands on product management experience.

Overall: Do not waste your time with this company especially if you are in a junction to make an important career decision, as the managers in this company do not know what they need, where they would like to take comapny and they lack fundamental managerial skills and vision. I simply wasted my time with this company who really did not deserve my skills and professiona background in the first place.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panduit in October 2011.

Selection process was fantastic! The interview went well with the Talent Acquisition Director and 2 Technical Recruiters that were able to start providing knowledge of the Panduit corporate culture from the start of my interviewing process.

The team was very open and honest with me about position expectations.

Great negoation process where I felt as if the company really played to my advantage on career growth & training, benefits & compensation and work/life balance.