Panduit

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.9

Product Design Engineer Interview

Called by an HR specialist, and told to take a drug test prior to interview. After two weeks, they sent me to get my drug test done and scheduled an in person interview. The interview was brief (30 minutes), and casual. About a week later I received a call asking when I could start.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were fairly standard; prior experience, education, etc.   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panduit in January 2011.

was brought in to interview for 5 minutes then sent for drug screen

n/a

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Panduit in April 2014.

There was a two person panel interview and then a one person interview in the same day. Some questions were behavioral others were regarding my experience and skills. Very easy and everyone in the process was very helpful.

I declined the position at first and then was called a couple of months later and reoffered the position. I do believe they bring their best offer to the candidate at first.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Panduit in April 2010.

The phone screens were pretty typical. The recruiter was letting me know I was their guy, I was the only one being interviewed and that I should let him know if I had any other offers pending, so that they could make a quick counter offer (remember, this is before I've met them in person!)

Travel plans and transportation to their offices were conducted very professionally. If you travel via air to Tinley Park for the interviews, you'll probably get a ride from the airport to Panduit in their limo service. Those guys are awesome!

The interviews were mostly straightforward. One peculiar thing was that each interviewer was given a list of questions to ask and made a point to let me know that they were told to ask the question and then read it verbatim from their interview sheet. The interviewers were very professional and pleasant, and the new HQ is very nice. All the interviews seemed to go well. As I attempted to close the hiring manager about my interest in the company and timing of the next steps, he mentioned that they couldn't really share any details because they were also interviewing a number of other candidates. This seemed to contradict the earlier comments from HR, but it was about to get more confusing.

After the interviews....everything went haywire! I was asked to do several more phone interviews, some were canceled and rescheduled. Then, a call from the hiring manager's admin saying that the hiring manager wanted to speak with me. Then, he canceled. HR called and told me that they would not be writing an offer, but the hiring manager wanted to speak with me directly about it. Then, nothing. I have no idea why I wasn't chosen, as no feedback was given. Very bizarre ending to a confusing process.

Caveat emptor!

Interview Questions
    • Take me through your resume, calling out any noteworthy achievements.   Answer Question
    • Why are you the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Manager Reporting to Head of PLM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Panduit in January 2012.

First off, I was contacted by HR whether I was interested in this position in November, position description sounded like business and product analysis, KPIs, process improvement. Just as a note, this position was open for more than a year and for some reason Panduit was still trying to fill this one.

I had phone interviews with HR, PLM director and one other Product Manager and after two weeks of silence, HR told me about a restructuring and said the position changed. After again three weeks of silence, HR called me back to interview me again. Questions were mostly behavioral. Then one week passed and they wanted me to have interviews in person in their location.

Interview started 20 mins late as the first interviewer from HR did not show on time. After typical questions like "tell me about a time when you had to convince a manager etc" I learned that the second interviewer who happens to be the hiring Manager did not show up. Instead there was a substitute. Overall it went well.

Three weeks later Panduit HR said they want to let me know that there is yet another change in the job decsription and wanted to have another set of interviews with HR, Hiring Manager and another Manager.
    HR asked me again and agin the same type of questions as if he did not ask these before and I patiently answered them. Then I learned that second interviewer did not feel well and had to be replaced by another surprise manager who probably did not know the ever changing dynamics of changing job description. Then the last interviewer was the hiring manager who asked again some trivial past projects, behavioral, situational questions.

A week later, HR called to say that this position is no longer available and they changed the job based on new requirements of organization. When I asked for feedback, HR said they really liked me and stuff but they needed someone with mor tactical hands on product management experience.

Overall: Do not waste your time with this company especially if you are in a junction to make an important career decision, as the managers in this company do not know what they need, where they would like to take comapny and they lack fundamental managerial skills and vision. I simply wasted my time with this company who really did not deserve my skills and professiona background in the first place.

Warehouse Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Panduit in April 2011.

initial application and computerized test of standard skills. Phonecall back to set up interview with HR representative, separately interviewed with HR rep, and shift supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • which is the most important,, efficiency, accuracy, safety?   View Answer
    no negotiations took place. initial offer accepted.

Warehouse Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panduit in July 2009.

You have to take a test. It takes about an hour. Then you get an interview with 2 people. Questions are easy.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a job and I took it.

Regional Director/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panduit in March 2007.

I learned of the opening through an on-line advertisement, which I noted at the time was very poorly written. It was primarily a laundry list of bullets that they wanted in the candidate, and appears they had been written as they came off the top of someone’s head. Regardless, when the offer came to interview locally, I decided to accept, if only for interview practice. The interviewer was the person responsible at the time for Asia-Pacific, along with his personal assistant. It was the typical interview – go over my experience, why are you interested in working for Panduit, etc. After an hour, we adjourned.

Several weeks later, I was invited for a panel interview in Singapore. This was a much more professional process – 3 hours of grilling by a panel of 5 people, including the original interviewer. Here they pretended to use a Top-Grading approach to interviewing that they called CIDS. I forget the exact meaning of CIDS, but it’s a fairly standard set of interview questions that aim to dig down to your core competencies and tendencies. But, like everything at Panduit, it’s only something that’s skin-deep. I had already obtained a copy of CIDS and knew exactly what to expect for questions. The same about Top-Grading – I knew from others that the A-P person had read the book and cherry-picked certain themes from the program, but that he didn’t have a clue about how to implement it or actually utilize it to lead his team. Regardless, after 3 hours I was on my way and received an offer several weeks later, which was grossly shy of what I had communicated as my bottom-line during the interview process. After a great deal of haggling, I reluctantly accepted the position, which I certainly regretted not long afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • (for this you need to understand that Panduit sells mostly pieces and parts, but thinks of itself as a solutions provider): How would you position Panduit's solutions in the financial services industry space?   View Answers (2)
    Panduit is a very strange, almost incestuous, kind of company. If you’re there past 10 years, you’re a lifer and no matter how awful or untalented you are, you’ll keep your job and probably get moved into roles of increasing responsibility. The people in charge of sales have ZERO sales experience – but they’ve all been there for 15+ years, so they were given the opportunity to run the sales organization. So, if you’re given an offer from Panduit, it’s almost heresy to ask for more – you’re supposed to be grateful you have been invited into the Panduit family and understand that we don’t talk about money here.

In my case, the offer was substantially below what I was currently making and what I told them would be acceptable in terms of number/benefits. I was shocked. Then came their explanation of how the bonus system would work – which, in 90% of the cases, would never pay out. The bonus system (called SIP) is arbitrary, non-measurable, and shared across the whole team (so that you depend on others for your pay-out). When I went back to HR (because in Panduit they ARE the source of all power) and told them it was insufficient, they were beside themselves. I really thought something was wrong the person handling the negotiations – she took it personally. Only later did I realize that everyone at Panduit is like that. Regardless, I stuck to my bottom line, and they finally came around after. And for that, I was branded an ingrate and never really made to feel part of the Panduit “family”, which is just as well. Oh, and advise to anyone interviewing with Panduit – make them spell out in painfully clear detail exactly how the SIP will be calculated, what you can expect, and what kind of medical coverage are they planning on providing to you. In my case, I let the details on medical coverage go – and ended up getting an extremely poor package with huge deductibles and dental coverage that didn’t kick in for the first 12 months. Lovely.

Manufacturing Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Panduit in May 2013.

One interview conducted with Engineering Manager. He was friendly and interview was not tense. Questions were largely based on experience in engineering.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where an experienced worker (working under you) challenges your opinion.   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panduit in August 2013.

easy questions, focus more on the language skills