Panduit Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panduit in September 2011.

The phone interview was about 30 minutes long. I was then asked to come in to meet with a manager, 2 supervisors, and someone from HR - all one-on-one. They gave me all the details about the job that I would possibly need, so they did a good job with that. The people that I talked to were all very friendly and optimistic people so I think it would have been a good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when something was impossible to accomplish?   View Answer

I declined the offer because after learning all the details of the job, I knew right away that it was not a good fit for me. I also learned that in the customer service department, there seems to be a very high employee turnover rate, and that tells me there must be something negative about the job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Panduit in September 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter about an open position overseas for which my qualifications would have made me qualified. I was asked if I would be able to relocate overseas for the job and I provided them an affirmative answer. I was told that I would have a telephone interview with the Global Sales Manager.

This interview went off as advertised, with normal/typical questions asked regarding past experiences, what-if scenarios and expectations. The time for the interview took approximately 30 minutes. I was informed later in the week by the recruiter that I had been selected for an in-person interview at the Panduit World Headquarters. This took place in mid-September. All travel arrangements were taken care of by the HR personnel and I appreciated that I did not have to do anything -- everything was arranged for me.

The in-person interview was a 3-person panel interview. The interview started about 5 minutes late because one of the panel got out of a meeting late. The interview started with them asking me to give a history of my professional life. I was mid-way through this portion when the 3rd person arrived. I asked if I should start over and did so in order that everyone was on the same footing.

The interview panel consisted of the Global Sales Manager, the Global Industry Solutions Manager, and a Senior HR Manager. The question that I thought odd for me was the "Why Europe?" question. I was being hired for a specific position that would move me to Europe. Why Europe? Because that is what you are hiring me to work! Oh well.

Because I had had the telephone interview with the Global Sales Manager earlier in the month, he was able to ask questions that were deeper than the typical interview questions. The HR Manager asked most of the questions that are standard for interviews. The Global Industry Solutions Manager asked several questions that I felt were softballs for me -- and I appreciated my ability to answer them! Thanks!

The entire interview took over 75 minutes -- longer than the 45-60 minutes they asked me to arrange in the first place. I thought that since I was there longer than prescribed time that was a positive.

The Panduit World Headquarters building is a very nice building that has incorporated the Unified Physical Infrastructure (UPI) design they are trying to model their products toward.

Because the company is privately held -- family owned -- it was extremely difficult to do conduct my due diligence for financials on the company. The company website is somewhat useful for information, but digging around I found many disgruntled former/current workers posting their displeasure about the company. That is a bit unnerving, but I always want to give the benefit of the doubt and observe things for myself before I make up my mind.

Overall, I thought the interview process went well. I thought it was very professional and well thought through on the company's part. I was not selected for the position. I am not upset or disgruntled -- I truly hope that the person they hired is everything they hope they will be and that the candidate is happy with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why Europe?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a problem you encountered in a previous job that you solved.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 30 / 60 / 90 days? What do you hope to accomplish in these timelines?   View Answer
    • Do you have any questions for us?   View Answer

Warehouse Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Panduit in April 2011.

initial application and computerized test of standard skills. Phonecall back to set up interview with HR representative, separately interviewed with HR rep, and shift supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • which is the most important,, efficiency, accuracy, safety?   View Answer
    no negotiations took place. initial offer accepted.

Staff Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panduit in February 2011.

Excellent! The first interview was a phone conversation to determine my interest in what the company needs were. The second interview was via Skype. The third interview was a visit to the facility. Questions were ask concerning my background, examples as to how I would apply my skill sets to specify problems ,and what the company goals and its future. The interviewer was very professional, presented the company policies and the history of the company and how it came be. Note, Panduit terminated all In-house HR hiring shortly after my leaving.

Interview Questions
    • About my background in standards, line balancing, process improvements   View Answer
    • How do you go about improving or implementing a new process(s).   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. Pay was on the high side of the national average.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panduit in October 2010.

The interview process was just fine. It was the HR supervisor that was the problem and disappointment.

Interview Questions
    I caught the Panduit HR Supervisor in a Flat Out Lie. This gave me an extremely bad taste and I honestly no longer have any respect for HR at Panduit. And yes, I have sufficient testimony to back it up.

I wouldn't normally be so vocal, but this matter of integrity should be held in extremely high regard especially 1) when it comes to HR 2) the fact that it involved some key managers 3) Panduit self-admittedly has trust issues with its employees. I am utterly disheartened and insulted by this event, and HR needs to realize the intellectual level of their audience before stooping to such an unscrupulous level.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Panduit in September 2010.

Hired young out of school. Entry level.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Panduit in July 2010.

Interview process was typical of most. Found out I was told what I needed to hear in order to take the position ... not what was really happening.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about badging in and out on a daily basis?   Answer Question
    Yes, I negotiated

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panduit in June 2010.

Interview started with a one on one phone interview with manager. Was asked to come in and had a 2 hour interview split into 4 different sessions.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you qualified as compared to someone with more experience   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Panduit in April 2010.

The phone screens were pretty typical. The recruiter was letting me know I was their guy, I was the only one being interviewed and that I should let him know if I had any other offers pending, so that they could make a quick counter offer (remember, this is before I've met them in person!)

Travel plans and transportation to their offices were conducted very professionally. If you travel via air to Tinley Park for the interviews, you'll probably get a ride from the airport to Panduit in their limo service. Those guys are awesome!

The interviews were mostly straightforward. One peculiar thing was that each interviewer was given a list of questions to ask and made a point to let me know that they were told to ask the question and then read it verbatim from their interview sheet. The interviewers were very professional and pleasant, and the new HQ is very nice. All the interviews seemed to go well. As I attempted to close the hiring manager about my interest in the company and timing of the next steps, he mentioned that they couldn't really share any details because they were also interviewing a number of other candidates. This seemed to contradict the earlier comments from HR, but it was about to get more confusing.

After the interviews....everything went haywire! I was asked to do several more phone interviews, some were canceled and rescheduled. Then, a call from the hiring manager's admin saying that the hiring manager wanted to speak with me. Then, he canceled. HR called and told me that they would not be writing an offer, but the hiring manager wanted to speak with me directly about it. Then, nothing. I have no idea why I wasn't chosen, as no feedback was given. Very bizarre ending to a confusing process.

Caveat emptor!

Interview Questions
    • Take me through your resume, calling out any noteworthy achievements.   Answer Question
    • Why are you the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panduit in January 2010.

initial interviews by recruiter on the phone, then with 5 people one on one. Then further one on ones for second interview.