Panduit Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panduit in September 2011.

The phone interview was about 30 minutes long. I was then asked to come in to meet with a manager, 2 supervisors, and someone from HR - all one-on-one. They gave me all the details about the job that I would possibly need, so they did a good job with that. The people that I talked to were all very friendly and optimistic people so I think it would have been a good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when something was impossible to accomplish?   View Answer

I declined the offer because after learning all the details of the job, I knew right away that it was not a good fit for me. I also learned that in the customer service department, there seems to be a very high employee turnover rate, and that tells me there must be something negative about the job.

Warehouse Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DeKalb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Panduit in April 2011.

initial application and computerized test of standard skills. Phonecall back to set up interview with HR representative, separately interviewed with HR rep, and shift supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • which is the most important,, efficiency, accuracy, safety?   View Answer
    no negotiations took place. initial offer accepted.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panduit in October 2010.

The interview process was just fine. It was the HR supervisor that was the problem and disappointment.

Interview Questions
    I caught the Panduit HR Supervisor in a Flat Out Lie. This gave me an extremely bad taste and I honestly no longer have any respect for HR at Panduit. And yes, I have sufficient testimony to back it up.

I wouldn't normally be so vocal, but this matter of integrity should be held in extremely high regard especially 1) when it comes to HR 2) the fact that it involved some key managers 3) Panduit self-admittedly has trust issues with its employees. I am utterly disheartened and insulted by this event, and HR needs to realize the intellectual level of their audience before stooping to such an unscrupulous level.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Panduit in September 2010.

Hired young out of school. Entry level.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panduit in July 2010.

Interview process was typical of most. Found out I was told what I needed to hear in order to take the position ... not what was really happening.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about badging in and out on a daily basis?   Answer Question
    Yes, I negotiated

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Panduit in June 2010.

Interview started with a one on one phone interview with manager. Was asked to come in and had a 2 hour interview split into 4 different sessions.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you qualified as compared to someone with more experience   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Panduit in April 2010.

The phone screens were pretty typical. The recruiter was letting me know I was their guy, I was the only one being interviewed and that I should let him know if I had any other offers pending, so that they could make a quick counter offer (remember, this is before I've met them in person!)

Travel plans and transportation to their offices were conducted very professionally. If you travel via air to Tinley Park for the interviews, you'll probably get a ride from the airport to Panduit in their limo service. Those guys are awesome!

The interviews were mostly straightforward. One peculiar thing was that each interviewer was given a list of questions to ask and made a point to let me know that they were told to ask the question and then read it verbatim from their interview sheet. The interviewers were very professional and pleasant, and the new HQ is very nice. All the interviews seemed to go well. As I attempted to close the hiring manager about my interest in the company and timing of the next steps, he mentioned that they couldn't really share any details because they were also interviewing a number of other candidates. This seemed to contradict the earlier comments from HR, but it was about to get more confusing.

After the interviews....everything went haywire! I was asked to do several more phone interviews, some were canceled and rescheduled. Then, a call from the hiring manager's admin saying that the hiring manager wanted to speak with me. Then, he canceled. HR called and told me that they would not be writing an offer, but the hiring manager wanted to speak with me directly about it. Then, nothing. I have no idea why I wasn't chosen, as no feedback was given. Very bizarre ending to a confusing process.

Caveat emptor!

Interview Questions
    • Take me through your resume, calling out any noteworthy achievements.   Answer Question
    • Why are you the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panduit in January 2010.

initial interviews by recruiter on the phone, then with 5 people one on one. Then further one on ones for second interview.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Panduit in December 2009.

Spent time on phone with HR and after screen was scheduled for interview. Interview took 5 hours and I met with several managers. There were others interviewing the same day and it seemed that they were also interviewing for the PM position. Run of the mill questions with focus on behavioral questions covering managment methods and customer issues.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that a customer was upset with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Software Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panduit in October 2009.

I applied for the job online and never heard back from Panduit, but then a third-party recruiter found me through LinkedIn and asked me if I was interested in the position. We had a brief phone interview and he sent me a list of questions via email that I had to respond to. Then he called me to let me know that I had the okay to continue with the hiring process and that a phone interview was scheduled with a person from Panduit, who I assumed would be the hiring manager. (I found out later he wasn't the hiring manager, he wasn't even in the same department. I have no idea why I talked to this guy)

During the phone interview with the Panduit employee he asked why I wanted to work for Panduit. Quite frankly, I'm unemployed, was not looking forward to the prospect of a long commute to Tinley Park, had already heard terrible things about the company, but I came up with a few things to say. Then he asked what I liked about the job or what drew me to the job. Here I was honest and told him that it was a typical Product Management job, at which point he be became very offended. The job description could have been copied and pasted from any other Software Product Manager job, but then again, the company allegedly has never had a software product manager before, just hardware product managers, so perhaps he just didn't have an understanding of what a software product manager was.

After the phone interview I heard back from the recruiter and was told that they wanted me to come in on Thursday for a face to face interview and he would get back to me. I didn't hear from him so I called him back. No response. Thursday came and went. He called back and told me that it would be next Thursday. This continued for a few weeks. I later determined that Thursday was their "interview" day. When my interview finally was scheduled, I showed up at the exact same time as another candidate for the exact same job. They put me in one conference room and him in another and conducted a round robin type of interview schedule. Oh, it gets better. I was told the interview would last from 8:00am to 3:00pm. I assumed that would include a 2-hour lunch with a few folks. Oh no. 45-minutes, with a coupon for their gross in-house cafeteria that was handed to me at the beginning of the day. There was no official scheduled lunch, just an open time slot. The guy who interviewed me before the open lunch slot offered to show me the way to the cafeteria and eat with me. Thank God. Also, after the hr rep asked me my salary requirements, he asked me how low I would be willing to go. Hahahahaha. I had already quoted him the average salary for a software product manager, but apparently they aren't familiar with those statistics.

I interviewed with 7 people that day. I never got a straight answer as to who had been managing the product prior to that time. I got very confusing answers as to how the product would be managed moving forward. At the end of the day, the last person who interviewed me, said wait here in the lobby and I'll see if you're supposed to talk to anyone else. After a few moments the receptionist's phone rang and after talking for a moment she informed me I could leave.

The next morning I received an email from the recruiter that they were moving forward with other candidates. I was so glad I hadn't bothered sending 7 thank you emails.

Oh, and the following week I noticed that the job had been re-posted.

Arguably, laughably, the worst interview I have ever had the misfortune of experience. I'm still unemployed, but I'm still glad I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Each person had been provided with a list of questions to ask me. Unfortunately they were the same questions. None of the questions were very challenging. Nothing comes to mind.   Answer Question