Panduit Interview Questions

2.9

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panduit in December 2009.

Spent time on phone with HR and after screen was scheduled for interview. Interview took 5 hours and I met with several managers. There were others interviewing the same day and it seemed that they were also interviewing for the PM position. Run of the mill questions with focus on behavioral questions covering managment methods and customer issues.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that a customer was upset with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Software Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panduit in October 2009.

I applied for the job online and never heard back from Panduit, but then a third-party recruiter found me through LinkedIn and asked me if I was interested in the position. We had a brief phone interview and he sent me a list of questions via email that I had to respond to. Then he called me to let me know that I had the okay to continue with the hiring process and that a phone interview was scheduled with a person from Panduit, who I assumed would be the hiring manager. (I found out later he wasn't the hiring manager, he wasn't even in the same department. I have no idea why I talked to this guy)

During the phone interview with the Panduit employee he asked why I wanted to work for Panduit. Quite frankly, I'm unemployed, was not looking forward to the prospect of a long commute to Tinley Park, had already heard terrible things about the company, but I came up with a few things to say. Then he asked what I liked about the job or what drew me to the job. Here I was honest and told him that it was a typical Product Management job, at which point he be became very offended. The job description could have been copied and pasted from any other Software Product Manager job, but then again, the company allegedly has never had a software product manager before, just hardware product managers, so perhaps he just didn't have an understanding of what a software product manager was.

After the phone interview I heard back from the recruiter and was told that they wanted me to come in on Thursday for a face to face interview and he would get back to me. I didn't hear from him so I called him back. No response. Thursday came and went. He called back and told me that it would be next Thursday. This continued for a few weeks. I later determined that Thursday was their "interview" day. When my interview finally was scheduled, I showed up at the exact same time as another candidate for the exact same job. They put me in one conference room and him in another and conducted a round robin type of interview schedule. Oh, it gets better. I was told the interview would last from 8:00am to 3:00pm. I assumed that would include a 2-hour lunch with a few folks. Oh no. 45-minutes, with a coupon for their gross in-house cafeteria that was handed to me at the beginning of the day. There was no official scheduled lunch, just an open time slot. The guy who interviewed me before the open lunch slot offered to show me the way to the cafeteria and eat with me. Thank God. Also, after the hr rep asked me my salary requirements, he asked me how low I would be willing to go. Hahahahaha. I had already quoted him the average salary for a software product manager, but apparently they aren't familiar with those statistics.

I interviewed with 7 people that day. I never got a straight answer as to who had been managing the product prior to that time. I got very confusing answers as to how the product would be managed moving forward. At the end of the day, the last person who interviewed me, said wait here in the lobby and I'll see if you're supposed to talk to anyone else. After a few moments the receptionist's phone rang and after talking for a moment she informed me I could leave.

The next morning I received an email from the recruiter that they were moving forward with other candidates. I was so glad I hadn't bothered sending 7 thank you emails.

Oh, and the following week I noticed that the job had been re-posted.

Arguably, laughably, the worst interview I have ever had the misfortune of experience. I'm still unemployed, but I'm still glad I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Each person had been provided with a list of questions to ask me. Unfortunately they were the same questions. None of the questions were very challenging. Nothing comes to mind.   Answer Question

Warehouse Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panduit in July 2009.

You have to take a test. It takes about an hour. Then you get an interview with 2 people. Questions are easy.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a job and I took it.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Panduit in March 2009.

Sat me in a room all day with various interviewers coming in and out for the entire interview. Claustrophobic. What are they hiding?

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panduit in September 2007.

I was surprised I had to talk with so many people. The interview process took two weeks. I was disappointed in some of their questions, but they were more interested in telling me about themselves and the company, so I just listened. They kept talking about the company's future vision and I was more interested in "what is it I am going to be doing for this company". I wasn't impressed with the building but was told there were plans to build a new headquarters, so I was okay with that.

Interview Questions
    • The question was as I remember it 'Your job will be in Tinley Park, but will you be willing to travel to the other divisions on a daily basis - maybe 2 or 3 divisions to attend meetings, etc.   View Answer
    They kept asking if I would take less money? I thought that was strange. People change jobs to make more money, not to just break even. It took 3 counter offers to get something close to what I wanted and in hindsight, I did not make a good move by working for this company.

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panduit in July 2007.

The interview process was good. Learned enough about the company to want to take the job.

Interview Questions
    Difficulty negotiating vacation time.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Panduit.

Very easy process, was contacted by recruiter, then interviewed in person, all meetings were mostly about understanding how I've performed in previous roles and I had dealt with the company in my last job anyway. There was less talk about the job role than usually expected in interviews mostly because I was already familiar with the company and the type of role and it had been made very clear what was expected

Interview Questions
    • Was given a scenario to respond to, can't quite remember details but the point was to understand how I would firefight or perform damage control.   Answer Question

Had another job offer

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panduit in August 2013.

easy questions, focus more on the language skills

Manufacturing Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Panduit in May 2013.

One interview conducted with Engineering Manager. He was friendly and interview was not tense. Questions were largely based on experience in engineering.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where an experienced worker (working under you) challenges your opinion.   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panduit in January 2011.

was brought in to interview for 5 minutes then sent for drug screen