Panduit

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Reporting to Head of PLM Interview

Tinley Park, IL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Panduit in January 2012.

Interview Details – First off, I was contacted by HR whether I was interested in this position in November, position description sounded like business and product analysis, KPIs, process improvement. Just as a note, this position was open for more than a year and for some reason Panduit was still trying to fill this one.

I had phone interviews with HR, PLM director and one other Product Manager and after two weeks of silence, HR told me about a restructuring and said the position changed. After again three weeks of silence, HR called me back to interview me again. Questions were mostly behavioral. Then one week passed and they wanted me to have interviews in person in their location.

Interview started 20 mins late as the first interviewer from HR did not show on time. After typical questions like "tell me about a time when you had to convince a manager etc" I learned that the second interviewer who happens to be the hiring Manager did not show up. Instead there was a substitute. Overall it went well.

Three weeks later Panduit HR said they want to let me know that there is yet another change in the job decsription and wanted to have another set of interviews with HR, Hiring Manager and another Manager.
HR asked me again and agin the same type of questions as if he did not ask these before and I patiently answered them. Then I learned that second interviewer did not feel well and had to be replaced by another surprise manager who probably did not know the ever changing dynamics of changing job description. Then the last interviewer was the hiring manager who asked again some trivial past projects, behavioral, situational questions.

A week later, HR called to say that this position is no longer available and they changed the job based on new requirements of organization. When I asked for feedback, HR said they really liked me and stuff but they needed someone with mor tactical hands on product management experience.

Overall: Do not waste your time with this company especially if you are in a junction to make an important career decision, as the managers in this company do not know what they need, where they would like to take comapny and they lack fundamental managerial skills and vision. I simply wasted my time with this company who really did not deserve my skills and professiona background in the first place.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Panduit

Worked for Panduit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panduit Manager Reporting to Head of PLM interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Panduit employees and interview candidates.