Panduit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales
Tinley Park, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Panduit in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter about an open position overseas for which my qualifications would have made me qualified. I was asked if I would be able to relocate overseas for the job and I provided them an affirmative answer. I was told that I would have a telephone interview with the Global Sales Manager.

This interview went off as advertised, with normal/typical questions asked regarding past experiences, what-if scenarios and expectations. The time for the interview took approximately 30 minutes. I was informed later in the week by the recruiter that I had been selected for an in-person interview at the Panduit World Headquarters. This took place in mid-September. All travel arrangements were taken care of by the HR personnel and I appreciated that I did not have to do anything -- everything was arranged for me.

The in-person interview was a 3-person panel interview. The interview started about 5 minutes late because one of the panel got out of a meeting late. The interview started with them asking me to give a history of my professional life. I was mid-way through this portion when the 3rd person arrived. I asked if I should start over and did so in order that everyone was on the same footing.

The interview panel consisted of the Global Sales Manager, the Global Industry Solutions Manager, and a Senior HR Manager. The question that I thought odd for me was the "Why Europe?" question. I was being hired for a specific position that would move me to Europe. Why Europe? Because that is what you are hiring me to work! Oh well.

Because I had had the telephone interview with the Global Sales Manager earlier in the month, he was able to ask questions that were deeper than the typical interview questions. The HR Manager asked most of the questions that are standard for interviews. The Global Industry Solutions Manager asked several questions that I felt were softballs for me -- and I appreciated my ability to answer them! Thanks!

The entire interview took over 75 minutes -- longer than the 45-60 minutes they asked me to arrange in the first place. I thought that since I was there longer than prescribed time that was a positive.

The Panduit World Headquarters building is a very nice building that has incorporated the Unified Physical Infrastructure (UPI) design they are trying to model their products toward.

Because the company is privately held -- family owned -- it was extremely difficult to do conduct my due diligence for financials on the company. The company website is somewhat useful for information, but digging around I found many disgruntled former/current workers posting their displeasure about the company. That is a bit unnerving, but I always want to give the benefit of the doubt and observe things for myself before I make up my mind.

Overall, I thought the interview process went well. I thought it was very professional and well thought through on the company's part. I was not selected for the position. I am not upset or disgruntled -- I truly hope that the person they hired is everything they hope they will be and that the candidate is happy with the company.

Interview Questions

• Why Europe?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a problem you encountered in a previous job that you solved.   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 30 / 60 / 90 days? What do you hope to accomplish in these timelines?   View Answer
  • Do you have any questions for us?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panduit

Worked for Panduit? Contribute to the Community!