www.panerabread.com

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.4

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

The Director of Recruiting saw my resume on Indeed and contacted me about the position. Told me when she was going to be in the Panera Bread near me to schedule an interview. Interview scheduled in 15 minute intervals. There were 2 candidates before me and then one after. I am not sure if there was anymore after that being that I left after my interview. I am not sure what positions the other candidates were interviewing for. I dressed professionally for the interview, more so that the other applicants. Interview was professional and basic. Explained the 10 week training process, health benefits. Asked about working hours, availability, what can I offer the company, why Panera bread, cross training examples, what obstacles have I encountered in a job in the past, management style, salary expected etc. I was told that I would be contacted within a week. I was contacted 6 days later with this e-mail:

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider you for the Assistant Manager position with our company.

After careful consideration, we have decided to pursue another applicant for the position.

We will however, maintain your resume in our active files for a period of one year so that we can continue to consider you for any future openings.

Again, we thank you for your interest in our company and wish you every success.

Kindest Regards,

Human Resources Department"

I was disappointed that I didn't get the job because the interview went very well. I was more than qualified for the position. I am also very surprised that I did not get a personal e-mail from the actual interviewer rather that a "generic" e-mail. It would have been nice to know the reason behind their choice. Also, I think it would have been a better alternative to maybe offer me a job at a lower position within the company with a chance to grow. I was told that there were many positions available due to a new Panera bread opening near by and season being just around the corner. If given the opportunity to work for them, I would definitely because it does indeed seem like a serious company.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

You basically cannot get close to a phone interview unless you have a job recruiter. I had been trying to get an interview for 2 yrs; I got a recruiter and then spoke to someone.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the name of the best manager you've ever had and why were they the best?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Applied online and then was asked to complete an personality assessment, which I never completed. I was honestly tired of taking them. Received a call from a District Manager for my area about 3-4 weeks later wanting to schedule an interview. Met at a local Panera; interview went great and lasted about an hour; very personable and easy to talk to. 2nd interview was schedule the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions if you already know what you would do in managerial types of situations.   Answer Question
    Offer letter with salary and benefits was sent via email after I passed background check. I sent counter offer letter with my desired salary, my qualifications and what I would bring to the company. My counter offer was accepted 2 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2014.

Applied in person. Hiring manager easy-going, asked my experience and how i liked working in fast paced business.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work in other positions?   View Answer

decided to go back to school.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

One interview, initial phone call did not introduce one's self or company name. One interview with two different managers 1:1.

Little to none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkridge, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkridge, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in August 2013.

First step was a phone interivew, followed by an interview with the recruiting manager, finished by interviewing with the regional manager and operations manager. They asked typical restaurant interview questions, i.e. how to deal with tough customers, 5 year plan, management style etc.

Interview Questions
    • I always find these questions difficult: where do you see yourself in 5 years. What did I dislike about a former boss etc.   Answer Question
    I was offered a salary, which I did not accept. I asked for more and within hours the recruiting manager called back with an offer just below what I asked for.

Assistant Manager Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

The interview process was pretty straight forward, if not relatively extensive. First was a phone interview with the head of Human Resources, then a face to face with a district manager. On to another face to face interview with the head of HR. The next step was a few hours in a cafe, shadowing the general manager and a couple of associates. The whole process took 4-6 weeks from my application to starting my first day.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any unexpected questions, pretty straightforward interview questions if you've interviewed for restaurant work.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation available to me.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Regional interviews and hires. Recruiter in corporate offices.

Interview Questions
    • I was promoted from within my regional is very easy to get along with we talked about what I was to expect from the store I was going to. She is very smart and honest   Answer Question
    Offered I counter offered she was firm

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

After being connected to the Hiring Manager via Panera Bread recruiter I was sent an email with an IQ/Personality Test. Once I 'passed' I was shortly after contacted via email with an opportunity to meet with the hiring Manager face to face. The face to face was a very relaxed meeting, many things were discussed as a conversation with no hard interview questions.
    At the end of the meeting the Hiring Manger expressed how much they liked me and I was told my information would be promptly forwarded onto the Operations Manager. The next morning an email was sent to me asking me to confirm a second interview 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What is it that you, as a manager would bring to the staff and Panera Bread culture?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

This is the process for corporate locations, franchise operations may differ. I responded to a job posting online and was immediately contacted by a recruiter for Panera. I had two interviews, the first was with the district manager for the area. The interview was very informal and the manager was dressed in business casual with no tie or coat. I was asked all the typical questions about experience, what made me want to work for panera, and my style of management. When the interview was over, the DM said that he liked me and would forward my info to the general manager that I would be training with if I was to be hired. After about a week, the GM called me and I had my second interview. GM was dressed same way as the district manager and asked many of the same questions, though our interview lasted about an hour and a half and was much more in depth with him asking me many personal questions and many questions about my last job. When the interview was over I was given a box of pastries to take home and told that I would be contacted in about a week. 5 days later I received calls from the DM and recruiter offering me the job. Overall it was a very pleasant, if not short experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you want to leave this job?   View Answer