Panera Bread

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Elkridge, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2013.

Interview Details – First step was a phone interivew, followed by an interview with the recruiting manager, finished by interviewing with the regional manager and operations manager. They asked typical restaurant interview questions, i.e. how to deal with tough customers, 5 year plan, management style etc.

Interview Question – I always find these questions difficult: where do you see yourself in 5 years. What did I dislike about a former boss etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a salary, which I did not accept. I asked for more and within hours the recruiting manager called back with an offer just below what I asked for.

Very Easy Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in person. Hiring manager easy-going, asked my experience and how i liked working in fast paced business.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work in other positions?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – decided to go back to school.

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – One interview, initial phone call did not introduce one's self or company name. One interview with two different managers 1:1.

Interview Question – Interview was only 15 minutes long.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to none

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and then one face to face interview. I had to take a personality test and pass a background check. It took around one hour for the interview and I liked the company and what their vision was. It is a growing and very profitable company. The whole process took around two weeks.

Interview Question – Who is your idol???   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and I accepted. They sent an offer letter to me that I had to fill out along with a background check.

Assistant Manager

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward, if not relatively extensive. First was a phone interview with the head of Human Resources, then a face to face with a district manager. On to another face to face interview with the head of HR. The next step was a few hours in a cafe, shadowing the general manager and a couple of associates. The whole process took 4-6 weeks from my application to starting my first day.

Interview Question – I don't recall any unexpected questions, pretty straightforward interview questions if you've interviewed for restaurant work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation available to me.

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Regional interviews and hires. Recruiter in corporate offices.

Interview Question – I was promoted from within my regional is very easy to get along with we talked about what I was to expect from the store I was going to. She is very smart and honest   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered I counter offered she was firm

Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – After being connected to the Hiring Manager via Panera Bread recruiter I was sent an email with an IQ/Personality Test. Once I 'passed' I was shortly after contacted via email with an opportunity to meet with the hiring Manager face to face. The face to face was a very relaxed meeting, many things were discussed as a conversation with no hard interview questions.
At the end of the meeting the Hiring Manger expressed how much they liked me and I was told my information would be promptly forwarded onto the Operations Manager. The next morning an email was sent to me asking me to confirm a second interview 4 days later.

Interview Question – What is it that you, as a manager would bring to the staff and Panera Bread culture?   View Answer

Viera, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had to go on three interviews for this place. One was at the local store, and two were two hours drive from my home. After all of that and stringing me along, they decided to go with another candidate, which I think is kind of ridiculous. The interviewers were nice. I just wish I didn't have to see them three times. What a joke.

Interview Question – It wasn't one single question that was difficult, but they tended to take something I said out of context, turn it into a negative, and I found myself defending myself more than answering questions.   Answer Question

Broomall, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by Hr when I was transitioning jobs... I was interviewed by three different men and no woman. No woman in upper management which is very sexist. Interview process took over a month which was ridiculous and very unorganized. I wish they didnt string it this long. When I got the job offer i was strung along even more then finally started.. Training was bad as managers who trained me did not seem to care about me one bit.

Negotiation Details – 35 k for 50 hrs a wk.. worked 60. 10 hrs for free is ridiculous with a bunch of dumb tedious jobs and expectations. sick of it then moved just recently and was able to get away from this hell. this is just not a good place to work

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – This is the process for corporate locations, franchise operations may differ. I responded to a job posting online and was immediately contacted by a recruiter for Panera. I had two interviews, the first was with the district manager for the area. The interview was very informal and the manager was dressed in business casual with no tie or coat. I was asked all the typical questions about experience, what made me want to work for panera, and my style of management. When the interview was over, the DM said that he liked me and would forward my info to the general manager that I would be training with if I was to be hired. After about a week, the GM called me and I had my second interview. GM was dressed same way as the district manager and asked many of the same questions, though our interview lasted about an hour and a half and was much more in depth with him asking me many personal questions and many questions about my last job. When the interview was over I was given a box of pastries to take home and told that I would be contacted in about a week. 5 days later I received calls from the DM and recruiter offering me the job. Overall it was a very pleasant, if not short experience.

Interview Question – What would make you want to leave this job?   View Answer

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!