Panera Bread Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Time efficient, phone interview then a face to face interview, and then there was a tour or realistic preview to help the people and better experience of the atmosphere. The interviewers put a positive spin on things but definitely there are areas of improveing upon, but that is normal

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Panera Bread.

3 interviews
    One withe recruiter
    One with director of operations
    Final with the owner of the franchise
    It all happened in about a month's time. I was relocating to a different state

Interview Questions
    • Basic restaurant questions
      Inventory
      Employee conflict etc

View Answer
    Called and offered me the job. I accepted the offer because it was what I expected the salary to be

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

They send you to a location, and make you work for free for 4 hours as an interview. With no training they send you in to make sandwiches ect, help in the bakery side, dishes and cleaning dining room. No experience with company at all. District manager watches you the entire time.

Interview Questions
    You ask for more they say no. They don't negotiate

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread in December 2014.

It was more of a conversation than an interview. Very straight forward. Didn't ask dumb "what is your management style" questions. He asked me real questions like hobbies I have, what I like about Panera bread etc... It was really laid back and cool.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer
    He asked what I wanted to make I told him and he accepted it.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

The Director of Recruiting saw my resume on Indeed and contacted me about the position. Told me when she was going to be in the Panera Bread near me to schedule an interview. Interview scheduled in 15 minute intervals. There were 2 candidates before me and then one after. I am not sure if there was anymore after that being that I left after my interview. I am not sure what positions the other candidates were interviewing for. I dressed professionally for the interview, more so that the other applicants. Interview was professional and basic. Explained the 10 week training process, health benefits. Asked about working hours, availability, what can I offer the company, why Panera bread, cross training examples, what obstacles have I encountered in a job in the past, management style, salary expected etc. I was told that I would be contacted within a week. I was contacted 6 days later with this e-mail:

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider you for the Assistant Manager position with our company.

After careful consideration, we have decided to pursue another applicant for the position.

We will however, maintain your resume in our active files for a period of one year so that we can continue to consider you for any future openings.

Again, we thank you for your interest in our company and wish you every success.

Kindest Regards,

Panera Bread

Human Resources Department"

I was disappointed that I didn't get the job because the interview went very well. I was more than qualified for the position. I am also very surprised that I did not get a personal e-mail from the actual interviewer rather that a "generic" e-mail. It would have been nice to know the reason behind their choice. Also, I think it would have been a better alternative to maybe offer me a job at a lower position within the company with a chance to grow. I was told that there were many positions available due to a new Panera bread opening near by and season being just around the corner. If given the opportunity to work for them, I would definitely because it does indeed seem like a serious company.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

You basically cannot get close to a phone interview unless you have a job recruiter. I had been trying to get an interview for 2 yrs; I got a recruiter and then spoke to someone.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the name of the best manager you've ever had and why were they the best?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Applied online and then was asked to complete an personality assessment, which I never completed. I was honestly tired of taking them. Received a call from a District Manager for my area about 3-4 weeks later wanting to schedule an interview. Met at a local Panera; interview went great and lasted about an hour; very personable and easy to talk to. 2nd interview was schedule the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions if you already know what you would do in managerial types of situations.   Answer Question
    Offer letter with salary and benefits was sent via email after I passed background check. I sent counter offer letter with my desired salary, my qualifications and what I would bring to the company. My counter offer was accepted 2 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in March 2014.

Very thorough questions. Situational questions that hit on your experience. Questions regarding your customer service experience. They want to know how you will handle yourself in certain situations. You do a couple of interviews in order to get a job. Really easy process that ends with a final interview with an HR person who makes the final decision.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2014.

Applied in person. Hiring manager easy-going, asked my experience and how i liked working in fast paced business.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work in other positions?   View Answer

decided to go back to school.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

One interview, initial phone call did not introduce one's self or company name. One interview with two different managers 1:1.

Little to none