Panera Bread Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Cedar Rapids, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

Online and email. Very nice people. Willing to send emails promptly in return to questions or concerns. Three step interview and application process. Sounds like a nice corporation to be employed by if deciding to work in this field.

Interview Questions

• Work experience dead zones of no employment   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

This was a long and drawn out process. The regional manager said it was to be thorough, but I think it was more because the talent agent he used was unorganized and lazy. There were many phone calls with the same questions, almost like they didn't save the paperwork. Maybe they really need to ask you the same questions 8 times or maybe she lost the questionnaire. Just my observation

Interview Questions

• How long will you give the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was great until you realize that he was just blowing smoke to get you to sign on.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

2-3 days in person after over the phone. I read a book on the table while waiting that told me everything to say as it was a history of the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a good quality and one you could work on   1 Answer
    • What skills have you used at other jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Time efficient, phone interview then a face to face interview, and then there was a tour or realistic preview to help the people and better experience of the atmosphere. The interviewers put a positive spin on things but definitely there are areas of improveing upon, but that is normal

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

3 interviews One withe recruiter One with director of operations Final with the owner of the franchise It all happened in about a month's time. I was relocating to a different state

Interview Questions

• Basic restaurant questions Inventory Employee conflict etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

Called and offered me the job. I accepted the offer because it was what I expected the salary to be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Sugar Land, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was quick and painless. Very casual and easy to go through. The hiring manager was very easy to talk to and showed me how casual the franchise was. Great interview probably one of the easiest one to earth I've done

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had an obstacle in your way and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

They send you to a location, and make you work for free for 4 hours as an interview. With no training they send you in to make sandwiches ect, help in the bakery side, dishes and cleaning dining room. No experience with company at all. District manager watches you the entire time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You ask for more they say no. They don't negotiate

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread in December 2014.

Interview

It was more of a conversation than an interview. Very straight forward. Didn't ask dumb "what is your management style" questions. He asked me real questions like hobbies I have, what I like about Panera bread etc... It was really laid back and cool.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He asked what I wanted to make I told him and he accepted it.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

The Director of Recruiting saw my resume on Indeed and contacted me about the position. Told me when she was going to be in the Panera Bread near me to schedule an interview. Interview scheduled in 15 minute intervals. There were 2 candidates before me and then one after. I am not sure if there was anymore after that being that I left after my interview. I am not sure what positions the other candidates were interviewing for. I dressed professionally for the interview, more so that the other applicants. Interview was professional and basic. Explained the 10 week training process, health benefits. Asked about working hours, availability, what can I offer the company, why Panera bread, cross training examples, what obstacles have I encountered in a job in the past, management style, salary expected etc. I was told that I would be contacted within a week. I was contacted 6 days later with this e-mail: "Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider you for the Assistant Manager position with our company. After careful consideration, we have decided to pursue another applicant for the position. We will however, maintain your resume in our active files for a period of one year so that we can continue to consider you for any future openings. Again, we thank you for your interest in our company and wish you every success. Kindest Regards, Panera Bread Human Resources Department" I was disappointed that I didn't get the job because the interview went very well. I was more than qualified for the position. I am also very surprised that I did not get a personal e-mail from the actual interviewer rather that a "generic" e-mail. It would have been nice to know the reason behind their choice. Also, I think it would have been a better alternative to maybe offer me a job at a lower position within the company with a chance to grow. I was told that there were many positions available due to a new Panera bread opening near by and season being just around the corner. If given the opportunity to work for them, I would definitely because it does indeed seem like a serious company.

Interview Questions

• What do I expect my salary to be   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Interview

You basically cannot get close to a phone interview unless you have a job recruiter. I had been trying to get an interview for 2 yrs; I got a recruiter and then spoke to someone.

Interview Questions

• Who is the name of the best manager you've ever had and why were they the best?   Answer Question