Panera Bread

Average Difficulty
72 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I applied online and called the next day. The hiring manager gave me an interview for the next day (Wednesday). Things went well and I got a second interview for Monday. This Wednesday I will fill out my paper work. The process took less than a week. Both interviews were very relaxed. Nothing odd was asked. They were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I made an offer for 50 cents above minimum wage and he accepted.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – After applying online (the form was quite easy to use and took no time at all), I was called in for an interview around a week later; the shift manager sat me at a table, offered me a drink, reviewed my application, and asked a few questions that were generally very easy to answer about job experience and personal qualities. It was a very comfortable setting and casual feel, so it didn't feel as if there was any real pressure. Afterwards, I was told that I would be called regarding their hiring decision.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard to answer — "What was a long term project you worked in which you had a change of plans, and how did you deal with that?"   Answer Question

Pleasant Hills, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy, I walked in, filled out an application and handed it to the manager who offered me an interview for the next day on spot. I came into the interview with research about the company already completed and they asked me various questions to complete the interview.

Interview Question – There wasn't really a difficult question besides what am I looking for in an employer.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Woodhaven, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2012.

Interview Details – The in person interview was basically just a fellow up to see if you availability matches up. They also explained your responsibilities. From my experience, if they call you in for an interview, it is because they have already decided to hire you. The entire process was very relaxed.

Interview Question – There was no real difficult or un expected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I found out my wage when I received my first pay check.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online at least a month before getting a call. At first, I wasn't even sure which store I had applied for or which job they were calling for. Anyway, they asked me to come in for an interview the following week. When I arrived, I talked to one of the cashiers and told her I was there for an interview, she went to the back and told the supervisor. Came back, offered me a drink and told me to sit where I pleased and someone would be out shortly. I sat down and waited for a bit, I don't like looking at my phone before an interview so I'm not sure how much time had passed. Not more than fifteen minutes, at most. The supervisor came out and just asked a few questions. Mainly wanted to know if I had reliable transportation and if I had flexible hours. Nothing too deep, he said that the general manager needs to interview everyone before they can be offered employment. Asked me to come back same time next week. I did and the second interview went a lot like the first, except for the fact that it lasted like 3 minutes. I walked in at three and left before 3:05. Basically just reiterated that I had transportation and had flexible hours. Also reminded me that it was a part time job. She then asked me to come back the next day to do some paperwork and computer work. That's basically it.

The paperwork is all standard stuff, nothing too complicated. The computer work was tedious, a lot of e-learnings but nothing unbearable. Was given a training schedule and off I went.

Interview Question – Truthfully, there wasn't even a tough question in there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said they'd offer me x amount of money. Didn't have much room to negotiate.

Madison, WI

I interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2013.

Interview Details – Meet with two managers, very relaxed, just don't say anything too stupid and you got the job.

Negotiation Details – You state the pay you're looking for, I wrote $9-10 I think, they said they could pay $8 then explained a few benefits.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – The interview was not very good. The hiring manager asked questions in a condescending way and did not seem very invested in the interview.

Interview Question – He asked me how much I expected to make. At a minimum-wage job you expect to get minimum wage.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Mequon, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2013.

Interview Details – One interview, hired on spot

Interview Question – None, normal questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Right there, asking me to quit my other job

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – applied online, got a call a week later for an interview, went in and had two interviews, one with HM and one with GM, and was offered job

Interview Question – what is integrity to you   View Answer

Erie, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application about a month or so before I got called in for an interview, but they were very friendly and scheduled my interview when it was convenient for me (Friday). The interview was just at a booth off in the corner of the café, one of the assistant managers interviewed me and was very friendly! She asked me about my availability and things like:

Do you work well in teams?
What is your proudest moment in your work experience?
How would your friends describe you?
Are there certain tasks that you find more difficult than others to learn?
What is one accomplishment you are very proud of in your life? (outside of work)
What is your favorite Panera product?
What would you do if a customer came to you complaining?
What would you do if I left you in charge?
What makes you want to work at Panera?
What aspect of working at Panera scares you the most?

After she was done asking her questions she hired me on the spot as a cashier! She called me two days later (Sunday), as she said, and scheduled my orientation for today (Monday). The orientation was all filling out paperwork and signing form after form saying that you understand not to do anything carelessly stupid. I didn't have to dress in anything specific for the orientation. I personally wore a sweater with an infinity scarf, and some jeans and I was fine. Now I have to go to this training thing called "Planet Bread" for two hours (Wednesday), in full uniform. This includes khakis, black or brown non-slip shoes, a belt, a solid polo, name tag. hair pulled back, no visible tattoos or piercing(outside of up to 2 earrings/ear), and no nail polish.

Overall, I think the interview process went by rather quickly and by the end of the week (Sunday) I will be fully trained and I'll already be scheduled for this coming week. It was a very positive experience!

Interview Question – Are there certain tasks that you find more difficult than others to learn?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread Associate interview questions and advice. All 72 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.