Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions

1.8

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Applied online. Few weeks later the hiring manager called to set up an interview. Met after lunch rush around 2pm. Asked very basic questions. They asked about me, goals in life, the hours I could work, etc. Got a second interview 2 days after that; clarified my hours a bit then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • I can never seem to find a good answer for "tell me about yourself"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shorewood, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shorewood, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2012.

It was very quick and it didn't seem like they paid too much attention to my answers. Basically, anyone can get the job. It doesn't take much skill to work as an associate here.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. It was very basic and typical. If I had to pick a certain question, it would be "how would you handle a disorderly customer?".   Answer Question
    The manager asked me if $8.50 was good and I said yes just because I didn't expect much from a part-time job.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Was called into an interview, lasted about 30 minutes.Dress attire was business casual. It was a pretty straight forward interview. More of a conversation style interview I would say. We talked about my past jobs and education, as well as why I chose Panera, The interview was very easy going overall.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I was impressed by how efficient it was. I saw a sign they were hiring and so I went online and did their application and literally not 10 minutes later, I receive a call to do an interview. 3 days later I had an interview and after all the questions were asked the manager let me know they would call me within a week whether I got the job or not. A week later, they did call me and I did get the job! It was a very smooth process- I'm used to companies lagging when it comes to getting back to applicants but they were very fast. I only had an interview with one manager also, not two like I see a lot of people saying here. I prepared for the interview by looking here to see what questions they might ask and what answers they would like. Funny enough, the manager did something unique. She presented hypothetical situations and asked me what I would do in those situations. I hadn't worked in a restaurant setting before and was asked why I wanted to get into this field and I said I enjoyed the atmosphere and the pace and would like to learn/gain experience in this field.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they offered. No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted 3 days later to join a group interview with the general manager of the new store, training/scheduling manger, and manager of another store in the area. In the group interview we sat in a semi circle in front of a TV where they played videos about Panera Bread and their company values and the "Panera Warmth". We were also asked to create a skit in which we had to showcase how well we work in a team. Then they ended the interview explaining that we would be contacted the next day for a second interview. We asked questions and they answered and we were gifted a baguette to take home. The interview was relax and a great experienced. I was called the next day to come in for a second interview which will be more personal and about the individual.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was when given 10 min to come up with a skit without much direction.   View Answer
    Just show your personality and be passionate about wanting to work for Panera Bread. They want friendly employees with good attitudes. Dress your best and don't be nervous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brookline, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2010.

The interview was very simple. They asked the general "why do you want to work here" and "why should we give you this job" type of questions. The manager was really nice, and he really liked that I commented on how well organized the store was. When he told me that everyone was really nice, I went ahead and told him that that was not the first impression I got from walking in. He then asked me a couple of questions and gave me the job.

Interview Questions
    • I did not get any difficult questions in the interview. It was a behavioral interview more than anything else.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

I applied for this position with the online application. Approximately three day later someone called me for an interview. Everyone was very nice and friendly and I feel that it went well. They asked me to come win the next day for an interview for catering. The second interview was very informative. I got an opportunity to job shadow a catering coordinator to see if I would like it.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation... They offered me an associate position for $8.00/hr and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Took two or three weeks. Got a phone call and scheduled an interview. Was offered a free drink and sat down with the shift manager. She was friendly, gave a run down of the store and what position they were looking for. First she asked about my schedule, then moved on to pretty basic interview questions. Was told they'd call back to schedule a second interview.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Had one interview a few days after applying. I was interviewed by the manager and hired on the spot. The interviewer was very nice and professional. After I was hired there was an orientation where they just showed me around the store and did paperwork.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you know that they don't give you the position you interviewed for. You have to start by working in the food preparation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I must have applied at a good time or a time when they were really short on help, because all three Panera locations I applied to (online) called me that day to set up interviews. I was completely surprised because I am use to companies taking almost a month to contact me. I still have one interview to go, but so far both interviews were very positive experiences. This is high praise from me because I am introverted and hate interviews and "selling myself."

Interview Questions
    • What would your friends say your strengths/weaknesses are?   View Answer
    No negotiation on my part. I think if you're a really good fit or have previous experience at Panera you might be able to negotiate. I chose not to try.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!