Panera Bread

Getting the Interview

67 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI

I interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2013.

Interview Details – Meet with two managers, very relaxed, just don't say anything too stupid and you got the job.

Negotiation Details – You state the pay you're looking for, I wrote $9-10 I think, they said they could pay $8 then explained a few benefits.

Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – The interview was not very good. The hiring manager asked questions in a condescending way and did not seem very invested in the interview.

Interview Question – He asked me how much I expected to make. At a minimum-wage job you expect to get minimum wage.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Mequon, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2013.

Interview Details – One interview, hired on spot

Interview Question – None, normal questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Right there, asking me to quit my other job

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – applied online, got a call a week later for an interview, went in and had two interviews, one with HM and one with GM, and was offered job

Interview Question – what is integrity to you   View Answer

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – My town in Virginia has a Panera Bread that is currently being built and i recently applied online and got an interview call the next day.! I am 17, a full time student and have no work experience, so I was surprised by the quick call. I set up and interview on the Monday of the following week. At the interview I was presented with a man whom was the General Manager and a woman whom was the store manager. They asked me to fill out a survey and asked me basic questions like, how many hours would i like to work, what position I see myself good as, why did I want to work at Panera Bread, and why should they hire me. I thought the interview was went very well and they managers made me feel so comfortable. I got a call from the store manager 2 days later asking me if I wanted the job and I accepted.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Panera Bread?   View Answer

Erie, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application about a month or so before I got called in for an interview, but they were very friendly and scheduled my interview when it was convenient for me (Friday). The interview was just at a booth off in the corner of the café, one of the assistant managers interviewed me and was very friendly! She asked me about my availability and things like:

Do you work well in teams?
What is your proudest moment in your work experience?
How would your friends describe you?
Are there certain tasks that you find more difficult than others to learn?
What is one accomplishment you are very proud of in your life? (outside of work)
What is your favorite Panera product?
What would you do if a customer came to you complaining?
What would you do if I left you in charge?
What makes you want to work at Panera?
What aspect of working at Panera scares you the most?

After she was done asking her questions she hired me on the spot as a cashier! She called me two days later (Sunday), as she said, and scheduled my orientation for today (Monday). The orientation was all filling out paperwork and signing form after form saying that you understand not to do anything carelessly stupid. I didn't have to dress in anything specific for the orientation. I personally wore a sweater with an infinity scarf, and some jeans and I was fine. Now I have to go to this training thing called "Planet Bread" for two hours (Wednesday), in full uniform. This includes khakis, black or brown non-slip shoes, a belt, a solid polo, name tag. hair pulled back, no visible tattoos or piercing(outside of up to 2 earrings/ear), and no nail polish.

Overall, I think the interview process went by rather quickly and by the end of the week (Sunday) I will be fully trained and I'll already be scheduled for this coming week. It was a very positive experience!

Interview Question – Are there certain tasks that you find more difficult than others to learn?   View Answer

Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter and asked to meet for an open interview. It was very brief and a little exposing. They don't want ANY visible tattoos that seemed to be very important. Other than that this interview just covered availability. The final interview was at the location with the managers (I don't know specific titles). It was very typical. Asks about qualifications and how you've overcome hostile situations.

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2012.

Interview Details – It went very smoothly, the manager asked the basic questions, like why should we hire you & what benefit would you have on us.

Interview Question – I didn't have a license at the time of my hire, but i lived close enough.   Answer Question

Burlington, VT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, met manager later that week in store to discuss employment

Interview Question – What my favorite Panera food is   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied the weekend before Thanksgiving online and had to take a long battery of "personality" type questions. They are the typical "I would rather work by myself than on a team", with responses such as this question "Does not describe me", "Somewhat describes me", etc

I was immediately called back the next day by someone in the corporate office of the local franchise. They gave me a quick phone screen, which featured questions pertaining to their dress code and other basic company values. They also told me that they wanted to enroll me in their "fast track supervisor" program, when they noted that I had previous supervisory experience. When I "passed" this screen, I was asked to come in for an interview the next day at one of the franchise's stores. I met with a younger woman from corporate and she went through about 20 questions. The standard question of "Do you have any questions for me?" I asked her if she would like a list of references; to which she responded that no one had ever asked her that before; but she was happy to take it. She then excused herself to speak with a manager. When she returned, she asked if I could return for another interview the following week (since it was the week of Thanksgiving).

I returned for the second interview and the majority of the questions were the same, but a few were more in-depth about my previous supervisory experience. After this interview concluded, I was asked to return for a third and final interview the next day. This interview was far more in-depth than the others and was a battery of questions related to my supervisory experience. I was also asked questions pertaining to my personal customer service experiences. After the interview was over, the GM who interviewed me excused herself to call her district manager. She then returned with an offer sheet and asked how much I would expect to make. I provided my answer and was pleased to see they were offering me more than I expected. I told her that I would have an answer for her later that afternoon; ultimately accepting the job.

Interview Question – Name a specific example when you received poor customer service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was asked what I wanted to make to start with. I was then given an offer sheet with an amount higher than what I had requested.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread Associate interview questions and advice. All 67 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.