Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

1.8

96 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

The hiring process went smooth, roughly lasted around 40 min for the whole interview. The General manager and shift manager were both involved in the interview and both where really friendly. So just relax and do your best, no need to be nervous.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Holy moly, this was a hard interview.
    The manager that interviewed me was straight to the point and immediately asked me to tell me about myself. Although I expected this question, I did not however expect them to throw it immediately on the spot. The interview lasted 15 minutes with at least half a dozen questions. (What are your accomplishments, what do you see yourself doing in a year, how long do you expect to be working here, what would your friends describe you? etc). It was even harder because the manager didnt seem interested in what I had to say :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brimfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brimfield, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

A shop is opening up near my apartment, and I walked into the hiring trailer to fill out an application. The manager that was there immediately interviewed me. They were pretty standard questions, "what did you do at your last job", "why panera"... ect. I was asked to come back the next morning for a second interview. The second interview was little more than confirming some details about availability and was told that they would like to hire me. I was given a time and day to go to orientation and given a sheet listing dress code/appearance policies. This was probably the easiest hiring process I've ever experienced.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Applied online and a couple days later, I received a call to come in for an interview. I met with the manager, who was fairly easy-going but still professional. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes. The questions are pretty standard; "Why do you want to work for Panera Bread? How have you dealt with a rude customer? Give an example of when you have had to work in a group." After the interview, I got a call to attend orientation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You can get a raise after 6 months, according to company policy.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

The interview process is easy. It was a little frustrating that it took well over an hour to interview because the manager was often distracted and attention was split. The interview took place at a small table just a few feet from the register, there was little room, and I often felt I was in the customers way.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Panera?
      What do you have to offer to the team?
      How long do you plan to work for Panera?
      Name the best and worst customer experiences you have had
        Answer Question

Associate Interview

What did I expect from this job?, Why do you want to work at Panera?, Tell us more about where you see yourself in 6 Months? Many other basic questions about why did you choose Panera.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very hard. But have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I was impressed by how efficient it was. I saw a sign they were hiring and so I went online and did their application and literally not 10 minutes later, I receive a call to do an interview. 3 days later I had an interview and after all the questions were asked the manager let me know they would call me within a week whether I got the job or not. A week later, they did call me and I did get the job! It was a very smooth process- I'm used to companies lagging when it comes to getting back to applicants but they were very fast. I only had an interview with one manager also, not two like I see a lot of people saying here. I prepared for the interview by looking here to see what questions they might ask and what answers they would like. Funny enough, the manager did something unique. She presented hypothetical situations and asked me what I would do in those situations. I hadn't worked in a restaurant setting before and was asked why I wanted to get into this field and I said I enjoyed the atmosphere and the pace and would like to learn/gain experience in this field.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they offered. No negotiating.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Was called into an interview, lasted about 30 minutes.Dress attire was business casual. It was a pretty straight forward interview. More of a conversation style interview I would say. We talked about my past jobs and education, as well as why I chose Panera, The interview was very easy going overall.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Had one interview a few days after applying. I was interviewed by the manager and hired on the spot. The interviewer was very nice and professional. After I was hired there was an orientation where they just showed me around the store and did paperwork.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you know that they don't give you the position you interviewed for. You have to start by working in the food preparation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I must have applied at a good time or a time when they were really short on help, because all three Panera locations I applied to (online) called me that day to set up interviews. I was completely surprised because I am use to companies taking almost a month to contact me. I still have one interview to go, but so far both interviews were very positive experiences. This is high praise from me because I am introverted and hate interviews and "selling myself."

Interview Questions
    • What would your friends say your strengths/weaknesses are?   View Answer
    No negotiation on my part. I think if you're a really good fit or have previous experience at Panera you might be able to negotiate. I chose not to try.