Panera Bread

Average Difficulty
81 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Had one interview a few days after applying. I was interviewed by the manager and hired on the spot. The interviewer was very nice and professional. After I was hired there was an orientation where they just showed me around the store and did paperwork.

Interview Question – Asked me what was my favorite menu item there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you know that they don't give you the position you interviewed for. You have to start by working in the food preparation.

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I must have applied at a good time or a time when they were really short on help, because all three Panera locations I applied to (online) called me that day to set up interviews. I was completely surprised because I am use to companies taking almost a month to contact me. I still have one interview to go, but so far both interviews were very positive experiences. This is high praise from me because I am introverted and hate interviews and "selling myself."

Interview Question – What would your friends say your strengths/weaknesses are?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on my part. I think if you're a really good fit or have previous experience at Panera you might be able to negotiate. I chose not to try.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied a few months before my interview but I was not considered because I did not have prior experience. I later received a job at another restaurant so I updated my Panera application online. I was called back almost two weeks later. I interviewed with one of the managers and it went well. He asked me to come back the next day to speak with another manager. After speaking to the other manager the next day, she offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Why Panera?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I expected the interview to be a whole lot more difficult than I thought. The interview was fairly easy. The GM made me feel very comfortable and acted as if she already knew me. I was hired on the spot but it did take about a month for me to actually come in and work.

Interview Question – There were three questions asked. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2013.

Interview Details – Standard. I went in, asked for an application. They told me to go online. A few days after fillling out the online application, I had a phone interview. And finally a short in person interview during which I was hired.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question.   Answer Question

Seal Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

Interview Details – Nail biter! My first interview was a group interview with about 6 other people, the interviewers seemed distracted and asked 2 questions in all, I thought I did a bad job but ended up getting called for a second interview two days later. The second interview was in my desired work location with the general manager and I was interviewed with two other girls. Simple questions such as: what do you think panera's main goals are? No biggie. Started losing hope when I wasn't called, then got called exactly a week after my 2nd interview with a job offer. It just took a while to get hired.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer is straight up not being respectful?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Took the job, getting paid minimum wage but understandable and negotiable.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

Interview Details – The process took several weeks. Originally, I thought it was a written application, but it's entirely online. You have to fill out a normal application, as well as a 12 page questionnaire about your personality. It's pretty simple honestly. I waited about a week after filling this out, and then called in the follow up on my application. I was told that application were being looked at, and I should receive a call within the next week, and if I didn't receive one by the end of the week, to call back. I waited a week, and received no reply, so I called back that weekend. I was told applications were being looked at still, and to expect a call back soon. I waited until the Tuesday after that, and decided to visit the personally, and follow up on my application there. The manager was very nice, and immediately scheduled an interview for the following week. I went to the interview, and it was very surprising how relaxed the environment was. It was really more like having a conversation with someone rather than a grueling interview about your strengths and weaknesses. After a nice chat, the manager seemed to genuinely like me, and hired me on the spot. I have to fill in my paperwork still, but I was told to come in the next day for that, and to attend the Planet Bread orientation a week from now.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions really. Just have some knowledge of the company, that never hurts, and be polite. Remember your manners.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – Meet with several managers. Have to go online and fill out an application and you can call or come in to check the status of you application. Once that is done you should know weather they would like to follow up with an in person interview.

Interview Question – fairly straight forward question.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Basic questions, ie. "Why do you want to work here? How long do you see yourself with the company?" Nothing too complicated or requiring much thought. Very simple process: Do well in the interview, sign the papers a few days after a background check.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult for experienced workers, new job seekers may not even have too much trouble   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I applied online and called the next day. The hiring manager gave me an interview for the next day (Wednesday). Things went well and I got a second interview for Monday. This Wednesday I will fill out my paper work. The process took less than a week. Both interviews were very relaxed. Nothing odd was asked. They were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I made an offer for 50 cents above minimum wage and he accepted.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!