Panera Bread

Updated Nov 18, 2014

1.9

102 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

it was a tiresome process (at least for me) they kept on having me come back because they forgot something or another and couldnt move forward on my interview. either they were missing materials or the interviewer wasnt present that day, or they schedualed me wrong.

i kept going back because i really needed a job. i got it, and the whole process afterwards got a lot better. still could be better.

Interview Questions
  • general questions. why do you want to work here? tell me about yourself. etc.   View Answer
didn't really negotiation anything.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Will I submitted an aplication in person and then they told me to call there genaral manger but i thought it was the employer tring to get the employ hmmm

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in November 2014.

I applied online, with full availability. I received a phone call early the next morning from a manager, who asked to schedule an interview with me later that day. I dressed business casual, and brought an extra copy of my resume. The interview lasted around 30 minutes, mostly because I found myself talking a lot :P At the end of the interview, she asked if I had any questions for her, to which I asked about the response time. She said typically a week or so, but then she thought for a second, excused herself and went to talk with someone in the back of the cafe. When she returned, she informed me that I was invited to a second interview the next morning, with the GM.

The second interview was fairly similar to the first one, she asked some of the same questions, as well as some new ones. This interview lasted around 20 minutes. At the end, she told me that she would call me the next morning so as to let me know about her decision.

A few hours later, I received an unexpected, yet very pleasant phone call from the GM letting me know that I was offered the job!

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

After applying online I got a call from the hiring manager to go to the location where they do all of their first time interviews. It was a group interview (which I was unaware of at the time, but that was fine) and there were four of us in total. The hiring manager was extremely nice and the questions were relatively easy, run of the mill interview questions. After it was over we were told we would be contacted by Friday if they wanted to proceed with the interview process. The next day I was contacted and offered a second interview at my preferred location. It was as easy-going as the first one was. Pretty simple process.

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

I applied online and received a phone call the following week for an interview. The first interview took place in the dining room with one of the shift managers. Basic interview questions were asked. "Tell me about yourself", "Tell me about your prior experience", "Why do you want to work for Panera" "Why should we hire you" and some basic customer service questions. The interview was very relaxed and flowed more like a conversation. The interviewer had a sheet of paper with him but he would only glance at it shorty. He was not reading anything word for word which made the interview feel more personal and inviting. He explained a bit of how the scheduling and orientation works and told me he would like to schedule another interview the following day with the GM. The first interview lasted 15-20 minutes.

The second interview was the following day with the GM and took place in the dining room as well. He started the interview with the same opening question "Tell me a little about yourself" and followed with talking about my previous experience and general customer service questions. This interview also flowed more like a conversation and was not too different from the first. A lot of the interviewing consists of talking about scheduling. The GM hired me and told me I would get a call to tell me when the orientation was.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was pretty standard. Just read through all the questions on this site and you'll have no problem. Make sure you can answer "Tell me about yourself". They use it both as an ice breaker and to see how well you are at describing things to strangers which is a skill they are looking for.   Answer Question
    I asked for the minimum wage on the application but if you have prior experience with customer service or the food industry they will start you higher.

Associate Interview

The hiring process went smooth, roughly lasted around 40 min for the whole interview. The General manager and shift manager were both involved in the interview and both where really friendly. So just relax and do your best, no need to be nervous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Holy moly, this was a hard interview.
    The manager that interviewed me was straight to the point and immediately asked me to tell me about myself. Although I expected this question, I did not however expect them to throw it immediately on the spot. The interview lasted 15 minutes with at least half a dozen questions. (What are your accomplishments, what do you see yourself doing in a year, how long do you expect to be working here, what would your friends describe you? etc). It was even harder because the manager didnt seem interested in what I had to say :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brimfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brimfield, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

A shop is opening up near my apartment, and I walked into the hiring trailer to fill out an application. The manager that was there immediately interviewed me. They were pretty standard questions, "what did you do at your last job", "why panera"... ect. I was asked to come back the next morning for a second interview. The second interview was little more than confirming some details about availability and was told that they would like to hire me. I was given a time and day to go to orientation and given a sheet listing dress code/appearance policies. This was probably the easiest hiring process I've ever experienced.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Applied online and a couple days later, I received a call to come in for an interview. I met with the manager, who was fairly easy-going but still professional. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes. The questions are pretty standard; "Why do you want to work for Panera Bread? How have you dealt with a rude customer? Give an example of when you have had to work in a group." After the interview, I got a call to attend orientation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You can get a raise after 6 months, according to company policy.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

The interview process is easy. It was a little frustrating that it took well over an hour to interview because the manager was often distracted and attention was split. The interview took place at a small table just a few feet from the register, there was little room, and I often felt I was in the customers way.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Panera?
      What do you have to offer to the team?
      How long do you plan to work for Panera?
      Name the best and worst customer experiences you have had
        Answer Question