Panera Bread

Average Difficulty
76 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seal Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

Interview Details – Nail biter! My first interview was a group interview with about 6 other people, the interviewers seemed distracted and asked 2 questions in all, I thought I did a bad job but ended up getting called for a second interview two days later. The second interview was in my desired work location with the general manager and I was interviewed with two other girls. Simple questions such as: what do you think panera's main goals are? No biggie. Started losing hope when I wasn't called, then got called exactly a week after my 2nd interview with a job offer. It just took a while to get hired.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer is straight up not being respectful?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Took the job, getting paid minimum wage but understandable and negotiable.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

Interview Details – The process took several weeks. Originally, I thought it was a written application, but it's entirely online. You have to fill out a normal application, as well as a 12 page questionnaire about your personality. It's pretty simple honestly. I waited about a week after filling this out, and then called in the follow up on my application. I was told that application were being looked at, and I should receive a call within the next week, and if I didn't receive one by the end of the week, to call back. I waited a week, and received no reply, so I called back that weekend. I was told applications were being looked at still, and to expect a call back soon. I waited until the Tuesday after that, and decided to visit the personally, and follow up on my application there. The manager was very nice, and immediately scheduled an interview for the following week. I went to the interview, and it was very surprising how relaxed the environment was. It was really more like having a conversation with someone rather than a grueling interview about your strengths and weaknesses. After a nice chat, the manager seemed to genuinely like me, and hired me on the spot. I have to fill in my paperwork still, but I was told to come in the next day for that, and to attend the Planet Bread orientation a week from now.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions really. Just have some knowledge of the company, that never hurts, and be polite. Remember your manners.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – Meet with several managers. Have to go online and fill out an application and you can call or come in to check the status of you application. Once that is done you should know weather they would like to follow up with an in person interview.

Interview Question – fairly straight forward question.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Basic questions, ie. "Why do you want to work here? How long do you see yourself with the company?" Nothing too complicated or requiring much thought. Very simple process: Do well in the interview, sign the papers a few days after a background check.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult for experienced workers, new job seekers may not even have too much trouble   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I applied online and called the next day. The hiring manager gave me an interview for the next day (Wednesday). Things went well and I got a second interview for Monday. This Wednesday I will fill out my paper work. The process took less than a week. Both interviews were very relaxed. Nothing odd was asked. They were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I made an offer for 50 cents above minimum wage and he accepted.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – After applying online (the form was quite easy to use and took no time at all), I was called in for an interview around a week later; the shift manager sat me at a table, offered me a drink, reviewed my application, and asked a few questions that were generally very easy to answer about job experience and personal qualities. It was a very comfortable setting and casual feel, so it didn't feel as if there was any real pressure. Afterwards, I was told that I would be called regarding their hiring decision.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard to answer — "What was a long term project you worked in which you had a change of plans, and how did you deal with that?"   Answer Question

Pleasant Hills, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy, I walked in, filled out an application and handed it to the manager who offered me an interview for the next day on spot. I came into the interview with research about the company already completed and they asked me various questions to complete the interview.

Interview Question – There wasn't really a difficult question besides what am I looking for in an employer.   View Answer

Woodhaven, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2012.

Interview Details – The in person interview was basically just a fellow up to see if you availability matches up. They also explained your responsibilities. From my experience, if they call you in for an interview, it is because they have already decided to hire you. The entire process was very relaxed.

Interview Question – There was no real difficult or un expected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I found out my wage when I received my first pay check.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online at least a month before getting a call. At first, I wasn't even sure which store I had applied for or which job they were calling for. Anyway, they asked me to come in for an interview the following week. When I arrived, I talked to one of the cashiers and told her I was there for an interview, she went to the back and told the supervisor. Came back, offered me a drink and told me to sit where I pleased and someone would be out shortly. I sat down and waited for a bit, I don't like looking at my phone before an interview so I'm not sure how much time had passed. Not more than fifteen minutes, at most. The supervisor came out and just asked a few questions. Mainly wanted to know if I had reliable transportation and if I had flexible hours. Nothing too deep, he said that the general manager needs to interview everyone before they can be offered employment. Asked me to come back same time next week. I did and the second interview went a lot like the first, except for the fact that it lasted like 3 minutes. I walked in at three and left before 3:05. Basically just reiterated that I had transportation and had flexible hours. Also reminded me that it was a part time job. She then asked me to come back the next day to do some paperwork and computer work. That's basically it.

The paperwork is all standard stuff, nothing too complicated. The computer work was tedious, a lot of e-learnings but nothing unbearable. Was given a training schedule and off I went.

Interview Question – Truthfully, there wasn't even a tough question in there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said they'd offer me x amount of money. Didn't have much room to negotiate.

Madison, WI

I interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2013.

Interview Details – Meet with two managers, very relaxed, just don't say anything too stupid and you got the job.

Negotiation Details – You state the pay you're looking for, I wrote $9-10 I think, they said they could pay $8 then explained a few benefits.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!