Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014

1.8

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

What did I expect from this job?, Why do you want to work at Panera?, Tell us more about where you see yourself in 6 Months? Many other basic questions about why did you choose Panera.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were very hard. But have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Was called into an interview, lasted about 30 minutes.Dress attire was business casual. It was a pretty straight forward interview. More of a conversation style interview I would say. We talked about my past jobs and education, as well as why I chose Panera, The interview was very easy going overall.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I was impressed by how efficient it was. I saw a sign they were hiring and so I went online and did their application and literally not 10 minutes later, I receive a call to do an interview. 3 days later I had an interview and after all the questions were asked the manager let me know they would call me within a week whether I got the job or not. A week later, they did call me and I did get the job! It was a very smooth process- I'm used to companies lagging when it comes to getting back to applicants but they were very fast. I only had an interview with one manager also, not two like I see a lot of people saying here. I prepared for the interview by looking here to see what questions they might ask and what answers they would like. Funny enough, the manager did something unique. She presented hypothetical situations and asked me what I would do in those situations. I hadn't worked in a restaurant setting before and was asked why I wanted to get into this field and I said I enjoyed the atmosphere and the pace and would like to learn/gain experience in this field.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they offered. No negotiating.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Had one interview a few days after applying. I was interviewed by the manager and hired on the spot. The interviewer was very nice and professional. After I was hired there was an orientation where they just showed me around the store and did paperwork.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you know that they don't give you the position you interviewed for. You have to start by working in the food preparation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I must have applied at a good time or a time when they were really short on help, because all three Panera locations I applied to (online) called me that day to set up interviews. I was completely surprised because I am use to companies taking almost a month to contact me. I still have one interview to go, but so far both interviews were very positive experiences. This is high praise from me because I am introverted and hate interviews and "selling myself."

Interview Questions
    • What would your friends say your strengths/weaknesses are?   View Answer
    No negotiation on my part. I think if you're a really good fit or have previous experience at Panera you might be able to negotiate. I chose not to try.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I expected the interview to be a whole lot more difficult than I thought. The interview was fairly easy. The GM made me feel very comfortable and acted as if she already knew me. I was hired on the spot but it did take about a month for me to actually come in and work.

Interview Questions
    • There were three questions asked. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

I applied a few months before my interview but I was not considered because I did not have prior experience. I later received a job at another restaurant so I updated my Panera application online. I was called back almost two weeks later. I interviewed with one of the managers and it went well. He asked me to come back the next day to speak with another manager. After speaking to the other manager the next day, she offered me the job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

I applied for this position with the online application. Approximately three day later someone called me for an interview. Everyone was very nice and friendly and I feel that it went well. They asked me to come win the next day for an interview for catering. The second interview was very informative. I got an opportunity to job shadow a catering coordinator to see if I would like it.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation... They offered me an associate position for $8.00/hr and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted 3 days later to join a group interview with the general manager of the new store, training/scheduling manger, and manager of another store in the area. In the group interview we sat in a semi circle in front of a TV where they played videos about Panera Bread and their company values and the "Panera Warmth". We were also asked to create a skit in which we had to showcase how well we work in a team. Then they ended the interview explaining that we would be contacted the next day for a second interview. We asked questions and they answered and we were gifted a baguette to take home. The interview was relax and a great experienced. I was called the next day to come in for a second interview which will be more personal and about the individual.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was when given 10 min to come up with a skit without much direction.   View Answer
    Just show your personality and be passionate about wanting to work for Panera Bread. They want friendly employees with good attitudes. Dress your best and don't be nervous.

Associate Interview

Meet with several managers. Have to go online and fill out an application and you can call or come in to check the status of you application. Once that is done you should know weather they would like to follow up with an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!