Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call within 2/3 days for scheduling an interview. They offered us coffee and food at the beginning which made it more relaxed. It was a group interview with 6 people including myself. 3 interviewers asked us varying questions and we went around in a group and answered. The interviewers talked about their experience as well and why they enjoy working for Panera which was helpful. Gave good tips about how to work in the workplace.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in May 2015.

Interview

Simply boiled down too can you work a lot of hours with basic hobby questions taped on. Most were questions based on the little question list you answer on paper beforehand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be vague,but sound hardworking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Brecksville, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The general manager sat down with me in the cafe and basically interrogated me. (There was little conversation - just me answering questions, and her writing a lot of things down, reacting little if at all.) I walked out less confident about getting the job than when I came in, but luckily I received an offer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Applied online, then got a call an hour later to set up interview. At the first interview, he only asked like 5-10 questions and they were all easy. Then he said he wanted to set up another interview for a few days later with the general manager. Went in 10 minutes early, had to wait for like 25 minutes. The interview was actually kind of hard, because there were a lot of unexpected questions. They were asking more about like what I expected from them/working there rather than getting to know me. Since I don't have any work experience, I didn't really know how to answer some of them. But at the end, she told me she'd give me a call the next day to set up training and that I was just what they're looking for.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Was not hard at all, just be yourself. They ask very easy questions. How you are as a person and how you can make the company better. Most people get hired because it's not a hard job to do.

Interview Questions

• What is one good thing about you, you would like us to know?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. I arrived and was offered a drink and directed to where the manager was sitting. The overall interview itself was friendly and laid back, no real difficult questions and the tone was all very conversational. A lot of the questions related to the position and prior experience with positions similar to this one but the standard personality type questions were asked. It was a really pleasant interview experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite menu item? How did you handle a difficult customer in a previous experience? What are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New Milford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application on PaneraPeople.com and received a call approximately 3 weeks later. I was set up for an interview with the Assistant Manager two days later. The interview was rather brief, since I had previous experience in the food service industry. I was then scheduled for an interview with the General Manager three days later. She discussed what duties she needed associates to perform and offered me the position, providing me with a pay rate of 15 cents above the minimum wage in my state, and set me up for Orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Panera Bread?   1 Answer
    • What tasks did you perform at your last place of employment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Palm Springs, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. They didn't tell me it would be a group interview beforehand. There were about 6 or 8 of us and the manager asked us all to answer the same questions.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how fast are you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Lima, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I arrived to the interview fifteen minutes early. They offered me a drink. Very polite people and interviewed me right away. Talked about ourselves and the workplace. Hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Downers Grove, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. I first met with a manager she like me right away. Right away got schedule to interview with the GM. Got hired within a week.