Panera Bread Associate Interview Questions

1.8

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

I applied a few months before my interview but I was not considered because I did not have prior experience. I later received a job at another restaurant so I updated my Panera application online. I was called back almost two weeks later. I interviewed with one of the managers and it went well. He asked me to come back the next day to speak with another manager. After speaking to the other manager the next day, she offered me the job on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I expected the interview to be a whole lot more difficult than I thought. The interview was fairly easy. The GM made me feel very comfortable and acted as if she already knew me. I was hired on the spot but it did take about a month for me to actually come in and work.

Interview Questions
    • There were three questions asked. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2013.

Standard. I went in, asked for an application. They told me to go online. A few days after fillling out the online application, I had a phone interview. And finally a short in person interview during which I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seal Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

Nail biter! My first interview was a group interview with about 6 other people, the interviewers seemed distracted and asked 2 questions in all, I thought I did a bad job but ended up getting called for a second interview two days later. The second interview was in my desired work location with the general manager and I was interviewed with two other girls. Simple questions such as: what do you think panera's main goals are? No biggie. Started losing hope when I wasn't called, then got called exactly a week after my 2nd interview with a job offer. It just took a while to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer is straight up not being respectful?   View Answer
    Took the job, getting paid minimum wage but understandable and negotiable.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

The process took several weeks. Originally, I thought it was a written application, but it's entirely online. You have to fill out a normal application, as well as a 12 page questionnaire about your personality. It's pretty simple honestly. I waited about a week after filling this out, and then called in the follow up on my application. I was told that application were being looked at, and I should receive a call within the next week, and if I didn't receive one by the end of the week, to call back. I waited a week, and received no reply, so I called back that weekend. I was told applications were being looked at still, and to expect a call back soon. I waited until the Tuesday after that, and decided to visit the personally, and follow up on my application there. The manager was very nice, and immediately scheduled an interview for the following week. I went to the interview, and it was very surprising how relaxed the environment was. It was really more like having a conversation with someone rather than a grueling interview about your strengths and weaknesses. After a nice chat, the manager seemed to genuinely like me, and hired me on the spot. I have to fill in my paperwork still, but I was told to come in the next day for that, and to attend the Planet Bread orientation a week from now.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions really. Just have some knowledge of the company, that never hurts, and be polite. Remember your manners.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Meet with several managers. Have to go online and fill out an application and you can call or come in to check the status of you application. Once that is done you should know weather they would like to follow up with an in person interview.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Basic questions, ie. "Why do you want to work here? How long do you see yourself with the company?" Nothing too complicated or requiring much thought. Very simple process: Do well in the interview, sign the papers a few days after a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult for experienced workers, new job seekers may not even have too much trouble   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I applied online and called the next day. The hiring manager gave me an interview for the next day (Wednesday). Things went well and I got a second interview for Monday. This Wednesday I will fill out my paper work. The process took less than a week. Both interviews were very relaxed. Nothing odd was asked. They were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    I made an offer for 50 cents above minimum wage and he accepted.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

After applying online (the form was quite easy to use and took no time at all), I was called in for an interview around a week later; the shift manager sat me at a table, offered me a drink, reviewed my application, and asked a few questions that were generally very easy to answer about job experience and personal qualities. It was a very comfortable setting and casual feel, so it didn't feel as if there was any real pressure. Afterwards, I was told that I would be called regarding their hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard to answer — "What was a long term project you worked in which you had a change of plans, and how did you deal with that?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasant Hills, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hills, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

The hiring process was easy, I walked in, filled out an application and handed it to the manager who offered me an interview for the next day on spot. I came into the interview with research about the company already completed and they asked me various questions to complete the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really a difficult question besides what am I looking for in an employer.   View Answer