Panera Bread

Getting the Interview

67 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Euclid, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out a application online the next day got a call to come by and i had a interview that thursday i had to have a resume

Battle Creek, MI

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I applied once and didn't get a call, so I applied again the next month. Then I got a call for an interview about a week later. I got to the interview about 15 minutes early and was given a cup for a drink and was told to sit down and wait for the interviewer (I think it was the assistant manager?). The actual interview was very laid back and easy-going.
I was asked about my schedule, my past experience, whether or not I was organized and if I was a people person or not. She seemed to really like me and she actually said she liked a lot of what I said as far as organization and speaking and stuff, but I didn't get a job there. She said that I would get a call within the week if I was hired and if I wasn't called, then they had given the job to someone else.

Interview Question – Are you able to learn quickly by reading step-by-step instructions or would you rather have someone show you exactly how to do something?   View Answer

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – I had two interviews on two different days. One interview was with a Store Manager. The other was with the General Manager. They asked simple questions about personality and work ethic.

Interview Question – "What would you do in a situation where...?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The rate was set at $6.50/hr starting out.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Applied to the job online and was contacted within a week to schedule an interview with the general manager. There was another perspective employee who was interviewed before me, and after I was interviewed, we both received the good news. General information was exchanged and date and time was given for the next process, training at Planet Bread.

Maple Grove, MN

I interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2009.

Interview Details – Managers were very cool and understanding individuals, except for one (day time only manager). Asked about my personality and previous jobs, things like why I left and such. Was asked why I wanted to work there and if I saw myself being a good fit. Head (interviewing) manager asked me to pick one thing I liked and disliked about my most recent previous job.

Interview Question – All questions were easy to answer.   Answer Question

Morgantown, WV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was called an hour after I turned in my application. Came in the following afternoon for an interview. Was interviewed right on the spot. The only reason my hourly salary is as low as it is is because it was not discussed within the interview at all. I was never really told that I was hired or not or when I would be notified if I was. I was called a week later to start training for the job.

Interview Question – They have situations that you have to discribe what you would do with customers, like if a customer is angry or upset or happy and such. They wanted us to describe a situation that relates from our own lives.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negoatiation phase, I was told during training that unless we discussed our salary with our interviewer that we would be at minimum wage. The kids that are being hired now are making more than me and I have been there for 9 months now.

Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Was called to schedule an interview a day after I applied online. Interview took about thirty minutes and consisted of general behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to help someone make a decision.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2013.

Interview Details – I filled an online application for an overnight shift supervisor and was called a week later for a 2nd interview. I didn't even have a 1st interview. I showed up 20 minutes early and was taken in immediately. The district manager was very nice and friendly. She asked a few simple questions and then offered me a different position, which was understandable. She scheduled me for class training the next day, and gave me a list of items I would need by 1st day of work. I wish the list had what was handbook friendly in terms of shoes before purchasing them.

Interview Question – How you do picture the best customer service when you walk into Panera?
(I don't go to Panera often, I'm afraid of the traffic that is around the closest one.)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to keep overnight shift even though I was not getting the intended shift supervisor job. Just remember, if the position you are applying for is not what they want you to work, please accept the lesser position. The DM said that it's a growing company, so you can get promoted if you work hard.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in May 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online and complete a personality test, then meet for a face-to-face interview. Very basic questions. Most of my in-person interview involved discussing availability and whether or not I would be willing to work holidays.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer who became angry after you or someone else made a mistake?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Panera Bread in May 2011.

Interview Details – very easy interview process, basically just informed on basic duties and asked about your availability. once you're hired you go through a short information session called planet bread which tells you the history of the company and what its about its very boring but you get to try the food

Interview Question – none   Answer Question