Panera Bread

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2010.

Interview Details – Really simple interview process. Sat down with the store manager. Less than 30 minutes long. They called me within days of applying, then hired me the day after the interview. You train for a few weeks, learn the menu, and how to make all the food. Some stay on food prep, some move to cashier/bakery.

Interview Question – "Why should we hire you?"   View Answer

Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with manager it was really easy, you fill in an application online which takes forever to do, they call you in and the process takes about 30 minutes. They generally hire you on the spot and then ask what hours you are available

Negotiation Details – None

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview depends on the store. I had a simple interview and was hired on the spot. I was then required to come in for "orientation" to fill out paperwork and do some online training. Then, I had to attend "planet bread" with all new associates in the area to learn more about Panera's culture.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I started in 2011 and asked for 8.00/hr, they accepted.

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – It was quick and easy. I got hired on the spot, but it seems like they were really desperate because they hired people who were absolutely horrible. During the orientation process, I was told wrong information and had to wait a long time in order to get into another orientation.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – Group Interview process. First time with this type of setting. Very easy going managers and very friendly staff to work with. It's a great job to have for any age. I would definitely recommend that you should go and apply to work here.

Negotiation Details – Great pay negotiation.

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in November 2010.

Interview Details – When I was hired in at my particular store, at the time they were in desperate need of associates. My friend was currently working there, told me to apply and said she would let a manager know that her friend was applying and was a good worker. I applied the exact day she told me to apply and got a call for an interview about 2 hours later. The manager that interviewed me asked me the standard questions, "Why Panera Bread? Explain a time you made a bad situation into a good one... Explain what customer service is to me..." and so forth. After my interview with him, I interviewed the General Manager of the store. He asked a couple of the same questions but more so wanted to know about me and my personality.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions in my interview.   Answer Question

Novato, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online, really simple and fast. If you do well on the test they will most likely hire you.

Interview Question – Not to difficult unless you are really not prepared for a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed the job so I took it!

Decatur, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2012.

Interview Details – It took forever to be contacted. I was interviewed twice. The interview itself was easy.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years. It caught me off guard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was fairly easy and reasonable.

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in December 2013.

Interview Details – Hired in the first interview with common knowledge questions about why and where and about company itself

Negotiation Details – There was none

Noblesville, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2009.

Interview Details – The initial submission of resume and job application was via the website, the hardest part with that was the long personality survey. During the actual interview, I had been recommended by my cousin who worked there already, which helped as this was my first job. Questions about past experience, why Panera was somewhere you wanted to work, etc were all asked. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no experience in negotiations, I took on minimum wage.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!