Panera Bread Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated May 11, 2015

2.3

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall I was impressed. I went through three processes: the initial interview, the working interview, and the "hiring" interview. The initial interview was a simple 10 to 15 minute meeting with the baking market manager about why I wanted the job, why I think I would excel in a baking position, and what I knew about Panera Bread as a company--the usual stuff. After that was complete, a working interview was scheduled, where I worked with a trainer for two hours who showed me some pan ups, had me try some hands-on work, and explained the nuances of the job. I really enjoyed that part, as I gave me a chance to decide if I would enjoy the nature of the work. The final step is the last interview, which for me was more of a confirmation that I wanted the job and verified the terms of employment. At this last interview I filled out the requisite paperwork, went over the associate handbook with the baking manager, received my uniform, and was ready to start training the following night.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer
    • Q: What do you know about Panera?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

interviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online a year ago. Never got a call I due to lack of experience. Got a years worth of retail under my belt and reapplied online. I ended up going in requesting an interview. They called back and I went in. The manager didn't ask much. Just if I plan on staying there for a good while. I said yes. Other than that he said he liked my resume. Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Nothing about pay was even brought up. I'm assuming minimum wage is base.

Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Panera Bread (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted directly by Panera HR through an industry site where I had a resume posted. I live in the Southeast and stated that I would not be interested in relocating. I received two calls from Panera, one from HR and the second from the hiring manager. The position they wanted me to take would either handle the mid-west or west coast. Despite stating I would not relocate they asked me to move to St. Louis, MO, where their corporate headquarters is located. I got the impression that the Real Estate Department is very segregated and does do work as a team - they have people who do site selection and others who focus on renewals and relocations. It sounded like they micromanage their people and that there are a lot of procedures to follow. After reaffirming that I was not interested in relocating I was cut from the interview process. Frankly, I feel like they wasted my time by contacting me.