Panera Bread

Average Difficulty
61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – It went really well; the general manager took my interview and he said he would like to see me working there in the future. I was supposed to get a follow up call for the second interview but didn't. I called back a few days later and left a message, to see when I was supposed to come in next, but they did not reply back to my message.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   View Answer

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2013.

Interview Details – Went in to speak with manager, set up a time for the next day to talk. Next day I showed up, and chatted with the manager. It took 20 minutes tops. He asked me about customer service experience, what I like about customer service, and some personal questions (what were my future plans, what did I like doing in my spare time). Very nice and friendly.

Interview Question – What suggestion do you have to improve customer experience?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I accepted another job.

Dublin, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was fine. Not the best.

Interview Question – They kept asking how old I was. It was kind of insulting after repeatedly telling them.   Answer Question

Branson, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2012.

Interview Details – The person interviewing me did not ask me any questions about my experience or availability.

Interview Question – Did not ask me anything.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had one on one interview. Everything was very standard; tell me about yourself, previous work experience. We discussed training, projected start date and pay. Was told I would train in different areas and not to expect to full time work. I was offered the job and am awaiting to find when I will begin training.

Interview Question – Why work at Panera?   Answer Question

Hurst, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2011.

Interview Details – Had two interviews. The first manager thought i was awful, the second thought i was great. The second manager hired me. There were Lots of standard, easy questions. The manager tried to keep a relaxed atmosphere by slouching in his chair, there is no need to wear formal business clothes. I even waited an hour after arriving 15 min. early for the interview, just for the manager to finally come over and interview me.

Interview Question – Asked what were my strengths, and what were my weaknesses   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2011.

Interview Details – They hire me on my smile and up beat attiude and what on my rumuse

Interview Question – there was no difficult or unexpected I know all   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – When I applied here I applied online and got a call back around 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. I got asked a lot of questions about how well i work i groups which is really what they're looking for, I always referred back to college.

Interview Question – What is your greatest fear about working for Panera   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you clear and upfront with them during your interview of what you want out of the job because they will screw you over

Hallandale Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in and asked to speak with the customer. He greeted me, offered me his phone number, and advised me to call him back after completing the online application. Did just that, and after calling he told me he'd give me a call back within the next three days. Did not do so, but I called back the next week and he promptly scheduled me for the next day at 10:30

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you in one word?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – My store was a brand new opening so I was a part of a group interview. It was very laid back and casual,they just asked us a few questions like what we had in our refrigerator. At the end we got paired up and acted out a scene where one of us was the cashier and the other was a customer. After that we had one on one interviews where they essentially told me that I had the job.

Interview Question – None, they were all very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Starting pay there is $8.50, but since I was coming from another job where I was making $10.08, they offered $8.75 and more hours.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread Cashier interview questions and advice. All 61 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.