Panera Bread Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Asked basic questions such as what can you bring to the company? Why do you want to work for us? The HR was very open to people who don't have work experience and college students. The interview felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Winter Haven, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very easy and comfortable. The manager was friendly and did not ask difficult questions. I was asked if I was okay with working in production instead of as a cashier, I said yes. I was hired a few minutes later, on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you reliable?   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • How are you in a fast paced work environment?   1 Answer
    • How have you dealt with angry customers in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I applied online and the manager called me the next day and set up an interview for a couple hours later. The questions she asked were pretty standard interview questions, the manager was really interested in getting to know who I was. She said she would have hired me if I wasn't in town for just the summer, even though I made that clear on my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Derby, KS).

Interview

Quick but thorough, they needed help from people that would show up, and do so on time, that would cover all the bases at their work place and do so efficiently but swiftly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. They are open to people who will be on time and work hard.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Very unprofessional interviewer. Ask me about my jobs I had in the past. He asked no other questions. Seemed like he didn't want to hire anyone but still brought me in for some reason.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

First interview went well. This was my first interview for a job so we mainly talked about my hobbies, high school sports and availability. Average interview questions, then asked me to define 10 huge words that i've never used in my vocabulary. I didn't know where to start or how to define the worlds so I had to try and make stuff up.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Hartford, CT).

Interview

The Panera interview took place in person in the restaurant. The manager was very friendly as was the staff I met that day. I ultimately did not get the job because I was leaving to return to school.

Interview Questions

• Why I waned to work at Panera? What sets Panera apart? My strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I went into Panera bread while others were being interviewed in the lobby. A woman met me in the eating area and sat with me and asked questions and got to know me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, was offered a drink as I entered and mentioned I was there for an interview. Manager showed up within 5 minutes, he made the interview very simple and I felt welcome almost instantly. They want to know if you can work in a team and can handle the pressure of a fast-paced environment, so make sure you are a friendly individual and are up to the challenge of facing hungry/stressed customers every day before applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What's your favorite item on our menu?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?
      Will your schedule be flexible?

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got a call to set up an interview for the next day. I showed up about 10 minutes early, they offered me a cup, I declined and then had a seat at the table they told me to wait at. I waited about 10 minutes and the Assistant Manager came over to interview me. They're not allowed to ask your age (all they know is that you're over 16) but she asked anyways and with no problem, I answered honestly. She started off with "Tell me about yourself." Every little thing I could tell her about myself, I did. Reading, Sculpting, etc. (which stirred up a great conversation) She then asked about my past work experience, education history, and plans for the future. After that, the pen exploded and ink got on her so she excused herself and went to the back of the store. When she came back, she offered me the position on spot. (took me by surprise since she didn't ask many questions) I learned that experience is a big thing. I was a supervisor & trainer at my last job applying for a cashier position here and she was glad to hear that so anything good you can say about yourself, make sure you include it in the interview! Also, they like really bubbly people so keep a smile, good posture & you're almost guaranteed a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What position do you prefer?   1 Answer
    • What are your plans for the future?   1 Answer