Panera Bread Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

The interviews are welcoming, first interview by a higher-up employee, then a second by the store manager a few days later, interviews took place at seating in the store, was offered to select something to have to drink for each interview, which was very nice. Was given a job, pay slightly negotiable, was told I would be contacted by phone the first interviewer for when the orientation training would be (which I was told would take two days), but have not been contacted yet. The uniform is a black collared shirt, Panera Bread Baseball type hat, apron (I assume these are provided), and presentable pants and shoes. Everyone must work the dining room, keeping it cleaned/neat and directly attending to customers/refilling the coffee and tea as their first position. Both interviewers were happy to say that it is the favorite position, as to be the representation of what the restaurant is about and that it is very easy.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to work here?   Answer Question
  • What is a question you have for me (the second interviewer, the store manager) about the company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Fresno, CA).

Interview

The initial interview was with the assistant manager. The second interview was with the store manager. Both asked very basic questions about my employment history and experiences. This interview was for a brand new store opening so it's possible my experience could be different from others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

It was relaxed, quick, no unnecessary questions. My boss was kind and let me answer each question thoroughly before asking another. She let me know the length of the hiring process and my training period which I appreciated. They really want to make sure you're a good, hardworking person with basic skills. It was not difficult to pass at all.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before? Why would you be good at this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Asked basic questions such as what can you bring to the company? Why do you want to work for us? The HR was very open to people who don't have work experience and college students. The interview felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Winter Haven, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very easy and comfortable. The manager was friendly and did not ask difficult questions. I was asked if I was okay with working in production instead of as a cashier, I said yes. I was hired a few minutes later, on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you reliable?   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • How are you in a fast paced work environment?   1 Answer
    • How have you dealt with angry customers in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I applied online and the manager called me the next day and set up an interview for a couple hours later. The questions she asked were pretty standard interview questions, the manager was really interested in getting to know who I was. She said she would have hired me if I wasn't in town for just the summer, even though I made that clear on my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Derby, KS).

Interview

Quick but thorough, they needed help from people that would show up, and do so on time, that would cover all the bases at their work place and do so efficiently but swiftly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. They are open to people who will be on time and work hard.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Very unprofessional interviewer. Ask me about my jobs I had in the past. He asked no other questions. Seemed like he didn't want to hire anyone but still brought me in for some reason.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

First interview went well. This was my first interview for a job so we mainly talked about my hobbies, high school sports and availability. Average interview questions, then asked me to define 10 huge words that i've never used in my vocabulary. I didn't know where to start or how to define the worlds so I had to try and make stuff up.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Hartford, CT).

Interview

The Panera interview took place in person in the restaurant. The manager was very friendly as was the staff I met that day. I ultimately did not get the job because I was leaving to return to school.

Interview Questions

• Why I waned to work at Panera? What sets Panera apart? My strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question