Panera Bread

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – Took a long time during the hiring process

Interview Question – Asked me what my last meal on earth would be...   Answer Question

Weston, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was called the day after turning in my application (without a resume). The hiring manager called me to set up an interview. She was easy going, easy to talk to and I was just myself. My only advice would be to go casually dressed and let your impression stand on your enthusiasm. Be positive, show that you are proactive, and give importance to team work and cooperation.

Interview Question – Tell me about one positive and one negative thing that has happened in your life.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call for an interview about 2-3 months after I applied. I did a one on one interview where they asked past experience questions. For example, When have I given advice to others? At the end of the interview the interviewer stated that she liked me and that I would receive a call for a follow up interview with the GM. A few days later I get a call for an interview. Show up to the interview, but it's with another Shift Lead. A few days after the interview I hand deliver a thank you letter. I received a job offer almost a week later.

Interview Question – How have I dealt with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have any experience so I accepted the offer.

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2011.

Interview Details – A few days after I finished an online application, I got a call back from a manager at Panera. I scheduled an interview for later that week and wore just a button down shirt and some nice dress pants. My interviewer was very nice and went through exactly what I'd be doing at Panera, the way they'd train me (first basically busing, then the line, then cashiering, then possible barista) and if I were to get hired, how I'd have to go to two training meeting things. She also discussed how it was possible to move up and times they had reviews. It seemed to be going well and she covered the usual questions (why do you want to work here? what hours can you work? what are you most proud of? hobbies?) and made sure to let me know that she was going to have the head manager call me for another interview.

She kept her promise and called back the next day and I scheduled my second interview for two days later. I came a little less dressed to impress (I wore a polo and the same dress pants, probably not the wisest decision I've ever made) than the first interview and was somewhat distracted/derailed since I ran into a friend's ex boyfriend waiting to let the head manager I was there. He was very nice but I got pretty jittery and started talking with my hands a lot, so I wasn't surprised I didn't get the job. He said he'd call me Monday, and it's 11:32 PM on Monday night and still no call.

Edit: actually, I just got the job yesterday. Which was surprising, but I've accepted and now have orientation on Monday. So it's kind of weird how things worked out. I'm not really crazy that I had to wait ages to find out I got a job, especially since I have interviewed other places since then. But I am grateful that they did hire me. So, moral of the story: relax. You probably will do much better than you think.

Interview Questions

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!