Panera Bread General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was extremely long, but in my situation it was more of a location issue that made me have to interview with multiple directors. When being hired in for a management position you are supposed to live central to your district so you can work in any of the locations if needed. After that you will do a working interview. Basically you go in and work for four hours to see if you mesh well with the team. It is actually a great thing for you and them, if you actually dive in and work and not just stand around the whole time. It will give you a pretty good idea what you are getting into and if you like it. They are very straight forward, and based on what I am told they do a lot of interviewing, so be the best you can be here, impress them. It was durning the interview I found out they will only hire in management at the Assistant level, all positions past that are internal promotes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Panera.   1 Answer
  • What questions do you have for me?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Columbus, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I responded to an online ad and was contact by the "Director of Operations" for an interview. We agreed to a date and time, but the day before I was sent an email changing the location. When I arrived at the new location, the person who had contacted me wasn't there. I interviewed with the General Manager of that location, who basically told me what I could expect, as if I had the job already. He didn't give me a lot of opportunity to speak. He told me the next steps in the process as well as a lot of details about working the actual job that were not necessary to the process, such as when the owner comes around you have to work even if it's your day off, etc. I was told I would be contacted about the next steps, but no one contacted me, even after I sent a thank you email to the "D of O."

Interview Questions

• Hardly any questions related to my actual past performance or management theory type questions were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Panera Bread (Vestal, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

It was pretty informal, all in all they were both nice and asked very upfront questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I stated my requirements and they said that I was pretty much right in the range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

HR phone screening, 2 sit down interviews and Online tests

Negotiation

was able to negotiate 3,000 more

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in March 2010.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. The 1 st one with a GM 2nd with a DM nothing to in depth with either one. Both were exceptional fellas. They were both very positive about the position I was applying for. Both seemed to be quite happy with their current states.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were able to get me close to what I needed.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Panera Bread in August 2010.

Interview

Was called the morning after I submitted my resume online to schedule an interview. Showed up about 10 minutes early, but had to wait almost 40 before the interviewer (HR rep) was ready. When we sat down he asked me a few "get to know you" questions about my interests and experience. He spent the next half hour talking to me about nothing but music and movies and did not ask any questions about my employment history. When I asked details about the position - what a typical day is like, where the location specifically would be (was for a new location opening), the expected average sales volume - he was unable to answer a single one of my questions.

Three weeks later I received a rejection letter by mail. I didn't feel the interview was very fair as it did not touch on any aspect of employment there or any of my employment experience. Extremely disappointed as most employees seemed happy to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you know your employees always do their job properly.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2010.

Interview

Lots great conversation during interview process, and very positive. There were 3 interviews, and I was told I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to keep your people engaged?   1 Answer

The pay was lower than normal for the amount of hours and travel