Panera Bread

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

General Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews. The 1 st one with a GM 2nd with a DM nothing to in depth with either one. Both were exceptional fellas. They were both very positive about the position I was applying for. Both seemed to be quite happy with their current states.

Interview Question – There were not any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were able to get me close to what I needed.

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in May 2014.

Interview Details – I responded to an online ad and was contact by the "Director of Operations" for an interview. We agreed to a date and time, but the day before I was sent an email changing the location. When I arrived at the new location, the person who had contacted me wasn't there. I interviewed with the General Manager of that location, who basically told me what I could expect, as if I had the job already. He didn't give me a lot of opportunity to speak. He told me the next steps in the process as well as a lot of details about working the actual job that were not necessary to the process, such as when the owner comes around you have to work even if it's your day off, etc. I was told I would be contacted about the next steps, but no one contacted me, even after I sent a thank you email to the "D of O."

Interview Question – Hardly any questions related to my actual past performance or management theory type questions were asked.   Answer Question

Vestal, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was pretty informal, all in all they were both nice and asked very upfront questions.

Interview Question – Describe 2 things past employers would say about you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I stated my requirements and they said that I was pretty much right in the range.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2010.

Interview Details – HR phone screening, 2 sit down interviews and Online tests

Negotiation Details – was able to negotiate 3,000 more

General Manager

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2010.

Interview Details – Lots great conversation during interview process, and very positive. There were 3 interviews, and I was told I would be a good fit.

Interview Question – What do you do to keep your people engaged?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay was lower than normal for the amount of hours and travel

General Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2010.

Interview Details – Was called the morning after I submitted my resume online to schedule an interview. Showed up about 10 minutes early, but had to wait almost 40 before the interviewer (HR rep) was ready. When we sat down he asked me a few "get to know you" questions about my interests and experience. He spent the next half hour talking to me about nothing but music and movies and did not ask any questions about my employment history. When I asked details about the position - what a typical day is like, where the location specifically would be (was for a new location opening), the expected average sales volume - he was unable to answer a single one of my questions.

Three weeks later I received a rejection letter by mail. I didn't feel the interview was very fair as it did not touch on any aspect of employment there or any of my employment experience. Extremely disappointed as most employees seemed happy to work for the company.

Interview Question – How do you know your employees always do their job properly.   Answer Question

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!