Panera Bread Hourly Associate Interview Questions

1.8

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Post 1st interview at Seal Beach, CA, I was given a 2nd interview at my desired location-Main Street at Huntington Beach. Manager Casey was not at all what I expected: sincerely kind and incredibly easy to talk to. Asked me 'what's your fave movie?' and 'have you ever had a confrontation with co-workers?'. Easy questions and an easy-to-talk-to manager. Also got a free drink from a warm cashier. Great atmosphere.

The only flaw? Being told to wait a few days for a call, to see if I make it to a 3rd interview. Inconvenient and crazy!

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected question: What's your favorite movie?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Huntingdon, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Huntingdon, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Two interviews, one with the Assistant Manager, then one with the General Manager. It only took a few weeks to snag a position here.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the usual questions. Most of them deal with personal things about you like where you went to school, where do you live, etc. The most difficult question was "Why do you want to work for us?" I already had an answer prepared for this question.   Answer Question

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I received a call a few days after submitting my online application to schedule an in-person interview. First part of the interview was with the assistant manager. She consulted with the manager and then I interviewed with the manager. Questions were pretty standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread in March 2014.

I applied the night before. Came in and sat down, the supervisor talked to me a bit. I told her about my previous employment and situations in where I was unemployed. A lot of nervous moments that had been forgiven. Very friendly interview. She was going to tell me that she would give her thoughts to the G.M and maybe he could interview me another day, but then she had him interview me today anyway. He came out, friendly and all, and finally offered me the job on the spot, with fulltime hours and over minimum wage ($8.50).

Interview Questions
    He just said he liked me

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I applied during an open-interview, got a call back within a week to come in for an interview with the store manager. Asked basic interview questions, offered position on the spot.

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I applied online and was called to schedule an interview within the week. I went in and it was a group interview. It was fun, and more casual than I was expecting. They asked us a few questions, told us a little about the company, and then split us up to do a little skit. They called me that night to tell me to come in the next day for a second interview. At that one, it was another group process where they asked for our availability and told us we got the job.

Interview Questions
    They told me what they were going to pay me, and I was more than happy as it was above minimum wage, so I accepted.

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in January 2014.

There's a brand new store opening and they posted they were hiring online. I was called in for a group interview that next week. They told us (15 people around the age 21+ and I was the only minor - im 17) that they pulled us first because we had the best applications and that the people who get hired in this interview are going to be trained early to train the hires after us for when the store opens. They had us all in one room and asked random questions like "what's our name, what's unique about ourselves, and why do we like panera" and we stood up one by one and told everyone in the room. the other question was "what's on the inside of your fridge and freezer and what's on top of it" just really random questions that had nothing to do with our work ethics. After a few videos and one more question they put us in groups & we had to make a skit trying to sell a product. Then after 2 hours of all this they told us that there was a few computer glitches on a few people's applications and they will call our names and have us stay to fix them. They named about 9 people including myself and they closed the door and told us that we made the first cut. After they had asked us personally by ourselves about our experience and availability for 5 minutes & that if they want to hire us they will call in 1-3 days. I got a call on the 3rd day and they called me saying i was hired and need to bring in a work permit and they will schedule my orientation date. (It's in 5 days) But yeah, overall the interview was fun, i wish all job interviews were like this

Interview Questions
    • "What's in your refrigerador and freezer"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

The whole process took about 2 weeks but that's because I applied when out of state and had to postpone the interview. She had no problem rescheduling the interview for when I got back in town. She wanted to do it 2 days after I applied. I just had my interview and it was relatively easy. She asked me if I had any cash handling experience and food prep experience which I did from my high school jobs. She asked what my availability was and how long I would be in the area for. I brought a resume but she never really expressed interest in looking at it but at the end I handed it to her and she said she was impressed I brought one because people rarely do. She took it just to add to my file. She asked how much I was looking to make and I said 8.50(minimum is 8.25 here) and at the end she asked me how 8.70 sounded and said to come in two days later for an orientation and that I could start in 9 days.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult. She asked about experience and what my favorite food at the restaurant was.   View Answer
    She asked what I wanted, answered 8.50. Was offered 8.70

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2013.

I apply online and 3 days later I got a call from the store manager for an interview, the manager didnt ask much pretty simple questions, like why would you like to work for panera ?, and costumer service related questions

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread in September 2013.

Filled out the online app and in about 2-3 days was called down for an interview.

Dressed professionally(black slacks, black blouse, low heel, minimal jewelry).

Brought a resume along with me - managers like when young people show how professional they can be regardless if it's needed or not. Me being a college student all I had listed was my associates progression and my prior work experience which consists of about a year in the food & entertainment industry.

I like Panera so my enthusiasm naturally showed through, one important thing that managers like to hear. it's important to show them how excited you are about having a chance to interview as this can ultimately decide your "fate".

Not many questions were asked. The infamous "why do you want to work here" of course. And "Who are you?" Mostly he was watching me and my responses to determine my attitude and outlook.

I was hired on the spot by the hiring manager, filled out my paperwork and was immediately given my training schedule.