Panera Bread

Getting the Interview

34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Huntingdon, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with the Assistant Manager, then one with the General Manager. It only took a few weeks to snag a position here.

Interview Question – They ask the usual questions. Most of them deal with personal things about you like where you went to school, where do you live, etc. The most difficult question was "Why do you want to work for us?" I already had an answer prepared for this question.   Answer Question

Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied the night before. Came in and sat down, the supervisor talked to me a bit. I told her about my previous employment and situations in where I was unemployed. A lot of nervous moments that had been forgiven. Very friendly interview. She was going to tell me that she would give her thoughts to the G.M and maybe he could interview me another day, but then she had him interview me today anyway. He came out, friendly and all, and finally offered me the job on the spot, with fulltime hours and over minimum wage ($8.50).

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – He just said he liked me

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I received a call a few days after submitting my online application to schedule an in-person interview. First part of the interview was with the assistant manager. She consulted with the manager and then I interviewed with the manager. Questions were pretty standard.

Interview Question – What was a challenging situation you faced?   Answer Question

Winnetka, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in May 2013.

Interview Details – -I applied and on the next day a manager asked for an interview at my convenience
-There where two interview from two different manager in two different days
-Both managers where nice and made the interview comfortable
-Questions brought up: Tell me about yourself? What is your previous work experience? How long do you see yourself working here? If a customer entered, looked around, and looked confused what would you do?
-Interviews where similar
-Hired on the spot on the second interview
-Was given a date to attend Planet Bread. Orientation in other words.

Interview Question – All questions given were reasonable and expected. My experience was nice and comfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked about my previous work experience and the pay that they had given me. I was then asked about my salary and if I was alright with it or if I expected more. I of course gave a modest answer. I was then given a higher pay.

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I applied during an open-interview, got a call back within a week to come in for an interview with the store manager. Asked basic interview questions, offered position on the spot.

Interview Question – What is your favorite item on the menu?   Answer Question

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called to schedule an interview within the week. I went in and it was a group interview. It was fun, and more casual than I was expecting. They asked us a few questions, told us a little about the company, and then split us up to do a little skit. They called me that night to tell me to come in the next day for a second interview. At that one, it was another group process where they asked for our availability and told us we got the job.

Interview Question – What's in, on, and on top of your refridgerator?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me what they were going to pay me, and I was more than happy as it was above minimum wage, so I accepted.

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2014.

Interview Details – There's a brand new store opening and they posted they were hiring online. I was called in for a group interview that next week. They told us (15 people around the age 21+ and I was the only minor - im 17) that they pulled us first because we had the best applications and that the people who get hired in this interview are going to be trained early to train the hires after us for when the store opens. They had us all in one room and asked random questions like "what's our name, what's unique about ourselves, and why do we like panera" and we stood up one by one and told everyone in the room. the other question was "what's on the inside of your fridge and freezer and what's on top of it" just really random questions that had nothing to do with our work ethics. After a few videos and one more question they put us in groups & we had to make a skit trying to sell a product. Then after 2 hours of all this they told us that there was a few computer glitches on a few people's applications and they will call our names and have us stay to fix them. They named about 9 people including myself and they closed the door and told us that we made the first cut. After they had asked us personally by ourselves about our experience and availability for 5 minutes & that if they want to hire us they will call in 1-3 days. I got a call on the 3rd day and they called me saying i was hired and need to bring in a work permit and they will schedule my orientation date. (It's in 5 days) But yeah, overall the interview was fun, i wish all job interviews were like this

Interview Question – "What's in your refrigerador and freezer"   View Answer

Champaign, IL

Interview Details – The whole process took about 2 weeks but that's because I applied when out of state and had to postpone the interview. She had no problem rescheduling the interview for when I got back in town. She wanted to do it 2 days after I applied. I just had my interview and it was relatively easy. She asked me if I had any cash handling experience and food prep experience which I did from my high school jobs. She asked what my availability was and how long I would be in the area for. I brought a resume but she never really expressed interest in looking at it but at the end I handed it to her and she said she was impressed I brought one because people rarely do. She took it just to add to my file. She asked how much I was looking to make and I said 8.50(minimum is 8.25 here) and at the end she asked me how 8.70 sounded and said to come in two days later for an orientation and that I could start in 9 days.

Interview Question – None were really difficult. She asked about experience and what my favorite food at the restaurant was.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – She asked what I wanted, answered 8.50. Was offered 8.70

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2013.

Interview Details – I apply online and 3 days later I got a call from the store manager for an interview, the manager didnt ask much pretty simple questions, like why would you like to work for panera ?, and costumer service related questions

Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online to a location near my house, did the personality test. Phone call for scheduling the interview came 3 days after; the interview was the next day. Chatted with a kind employee while waiting for the manager, asked them questions about the atmosphere of Panera. 1:1 Interview with scheduling manager, who was sweet and friendly. She left and the GM came back, asked questions about past jobs and hired me on the spot, gave me a time for orientation (tomorrow).

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I got offered $1 above minimum because I have a lot of experience, which I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread Hourly Associate interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.