Panera Bread

1.8

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in September 2013.

I applied online to a location near my house, did the personality test. Phone call for scheduling the interview came 3 days after; the interview was the next day. Chatted with a kind employee while waiting for the manager, asked them questions about the atmosphere of Panera. 1:1 Interview with scheduling manager, who was sweet and friendly. She left and the GM came back, asked questions about past jobs and hired me on the spot, gave me a time for orientation (tomorrow).

Interview Questions
  • What is the most important thing you have learned in your working life?   Answer Question
  • What's your greatest accomplishment in life?   Answer Question
No negotiation, I got offered $1 above minimum because I have a lot of experience, which I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Oh Panera. Where do I even begin.

I started applying to my local Panera Bread in late 2012. I was very eager to work for Panera as I love their food and i'm there all the time. I filled out my first application in december. No reply. I applied a second time. No reply. I applied a third time. No reply. Well, I had ended up applying a total around 5 times. Every time I went into the store there was a line out the door; many times the manager would be working the line and cashier! I became very upset because it was very clear that they were in need of people to work and they stated that they were hiring.

Well, I was very eager to get this job.

I was at the restaurant every week for a month at least once a week giving my name and phone number. I was told I would get a reply. I never did, until the 4th time. I walked in and asked to speak to a manager (the usual drill). A very kind and sympathetic woman walked out and was appalled that I had never gotten a call back. She scheduled me my first interview for the week after. Woohoo!

I showed up to my interview prepared and feeling confident and comfortable. The first woman I talked to was VERY kind, we had so much in common! There were no hard questions asked, only "getting to know me" questions. She said that she really liked me and that I would receive a call that friday to schedule my next interview. It was scheduled for the week after.

The second interview was just as relaxed as the first. The woman was extremely kind, and we also had a lot in common. Harder questions were asked, questions where you were put in situations and asked how you would handle it. This was harder because I have no work experience. I was feeling kind of bummed after this interview because I felt as if I didn't know some answers. I never received a call within the next days so I got very nervous. I hand wrote thank you cards for the two women that interviewed me and dropped them by the restaurant. I received a call the next day, they were so happy to get the cards and scheduled my last interview for a few days later. There are a total of 3 interviews, and if you get to the third, that means they are very interested in you and liked you a lot.

I walked in for my third interview and was greeted with a warm hello (she knew exactly who I was and addressed me by my first name without having to introduce myself!) and was offered something to drink. The woman who interviewed me this time was the one I previously talked to who initially set up my interviews, so I was feeling VERY comfortable. Many questions were repetitive, and I found myself feeling tired of answering the same few questions. But, I was asked "where do you see yourself working here? (line, bakery, cashier, etc.) I told her that I was open to trying it all. It was clear that she really liked me and I really liked her too. I actually loved all of them, they were so friendly and made me feel at home. I asked a few questions about the uniform and training, and then was told I would receive a call the next day to say if I got the job or not.

The next day arrived, I waited and waited and waited for that phone call. I had worked SO hard for this job. I began getting nervous as the day started to end becuse I knew there were a few other people that had made it as far as I did. I received a call at 5:00 pm. I GOT THE JOB! I was so excited! I was told that orientation was the week later and that I would start training the same week as that. (orientation is in a few days! can't wait.)

All in all, it's important that you are persistent. Don't give up. I would suggest calling to check on the status frequently as well as hand writing thank you letters to those who interviewed you, they love that and you will stand out.

You may be thinking "Wow, this girl had a horrible experience." That's not true at all. I enjoyed every single minute of it because I wanted to work there so badly. And to finally get the job and see all my hard work pay off, that is priceless.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you were in the spotlight?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in May 2013.

Well, I applied online on friday and 2 hours later the manager called me. We set up an interview for Monday afternoon, the interview went good real layed back, asking me question less on skill and qualifications, but more on personality and goals, how long I planned to be with the company. I left that interview feeling I had the job at the end he said things like "ya I don't see why u would get the job" I felt like we were almost buddies. He said that he would call me in a couple of days, 4 days later on friday (after not hearing from him) I ring him up and he tells me that they would make a decision in a couple days, they call me in to fill out some papers and I'm in!

Interview Questions
    • Why Panera? Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnetka, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnetka, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in May 2013.

-I applied and on the next day a manager asked for an interview at my convenience
    -There where two interview from two different manager in two different days
    -Both managers where nice and made the interview comfortable
    -Questions brought up: Tell me about yourself? What is your previous work experience? How long do you see yourself working here? If a customer entered, looked around, and looked confused what would you do?
    -Interviews where similar
    -Hired on the spot on the second interview
    -Was given a date to attend Planet Bread. Orientation in other words.

Interview Questions
    • All questions given were reasonable and expected. My experience was nice and comfortable.   Answer Question
    I was asked about my previous work experience and the pay that they had given me. I was then asked about my salary and if I was alright with it or if I expected more. I of course gave a modest answer. I was then given a higher pay.

Hourly Associate Interview

Was a fairly simple interview. 1st interview was basically just to see what your availability would be. 2nd interview is more of a regular interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in April 2013.

I submitted my application and personality test online, and was called in for an interview with the assistant manager 3 days later. I was seated by another employee and was offered a drink. After about 5 minutes, the assistant manager came out. The interview went pretty well. He was very friendly and was mainly concerned with whether or not I would work well with the rest of the employees. We talked about my future plans for college, his own experience starting at Panera, and what I should expect about working there. He was very friendly and it seemed like the entire interview was him assessing my personality. He seems like a very fun guy to work with. It lasted for about 45 minutes. I was told that I should call back in 3 days if I didn't get a phone call before then. 3 days later, I called back and was told that they wanted to see me again for a 2nd interview, this time with the general manager. This guy was more intimidating. This interview seemed to be more about whether or not I could handle it. He asked if I was okay with coming to work at 5am, if I had reliable transportation, where else I had applied for work, why I wanted to work at Panera, whether I consider myself friendly, whether I was okay with the uniform (the Panera bread visor would have to go on top of my headscarf), if I can handle being on my feet for a busy shift, etc. I think he was more concerned about what I can handle because this will be my first job. He talked about uniform, work scheduling, etc. Two things that he said that struck me were 1) that the guest/customer is always right, and that 2) my personal life/emotional stuff should not affect me at work. I guess that makes sense, but I didn't expect it from a non-fast food place.He ended up saying "I'll give you a shot," so I guess I shouldn't feel too secure about having this position long-term just yet. Overall, I think the interview process was good, but being called in for interviews twice was kind of a hassle for such a position.

Interview Questions
    • Both interviewers asked why I wanted to work at Panera, and not elsewhere.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2013.

I believe if you have a previous experience in customer service or hospitality industry, the interview it is easier.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2012.

Once I arrived I was instantly greeted by the manager. She was very nice and had a great personality. She asked me about my past employment, if I was in school and what hours can I work. She asked me the basic interview questions, like "Why do you want to work here?" and "What makes you stand out from the rest?" The interview process was very fast and easy.

What days could I work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in August 2012.

after applying to the location a little less than 2 weeks ago (personal information and personality test), i got a call from a manager and was asked what hours i was available. from there, he asked me to come in for an interview the following morning. i handed him my resume and more specific time table (not necessary but i think it helped!) and all he'd asked me was "So why would you like to work at Panera?" i talked about how the atmosphere was really homey and inviting and how my love for baking would be supported by working in such an environment. right afterwards, he told me i would be receiving a call in a few days to inform me on when to come in for orientation!

it was so much easier than i had planned-this being my first job and all!!! all in all, it lasted from 8:58-9:05. i expected it to be quite busy for a saturday morning but there were only a handful of customers walking around. i was not told the pay or about the employee benefits, but i plan on asking that asap!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Rutherford, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Rutherford, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2012.

I got a call back from Panera Bread 2 days after sending in my application online. I went in for my first interview with the general manager, who was very nice. He asked me about my experience and why I wanted to work with Panera. The interviewer didn't ask alot of questions because they just want to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit for the job. The first interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. He asked me to go in for a second interview with the district manager(hiring manager) and he was also very nice and easy to talk to. The interview lasted about 15 minutes. We basically talked about my goals, school, hobbies, etc. By the end of the interview I was hired! Don't be nervous about the interview, just go in smile and don't forget to show eye contact it's very important. The interviewer purposely was looking around, down or out the window on purpose to see if I would still be focused and paying attention to him and what he's saying without getting distracted. Very nice and friendly people that are willing to work with your schedule. I had a great interview experience. I am now working at Panera Bread and it's awesome! I hope this helps! Good Luck =)

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions in the interview. Just be yourself, they want to see your personality!   Answer Question