Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.0

Night Baker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

1st interview with Bakery Market manager was really easy. She pretty much just explained to me what the job would entail, so I knew at that point I pretty much had the job. I did have to do a 2nd interview with the store gm which was more difficult. He asked me the typical customer service questions.I it wasn't too stressful because as long as your answers aren't horrible they won't judge you too much on how you answer those questions because you'll be working in the back.

Associate Interview

What did I expect from this job?, Why do you want to work at Panera?, Tell us more about where you see yourself in 6 Months? Many other basic questions about why did you choose Panera.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very hard. But have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Kevin Cool was very personal there wasn't an awkward or tension filled. But more relaxed. Very great experience. Most laid back interview I've experienced. Talked about football and personal goals along with educational

Interview Questions
    Based on education and employment background.

Prep/Production Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Filed a resume online and they called me in a matter of two days. Had first interview with a district manager, then a second with a general manager and was offered a job right then.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions at the interviews. They basically asked me about myself and what my restaurant experience was.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I was looking for a job, and I happened to mention it to one of the cashiers who asked what I was up to that day, she immediately grabbed a manager, who sat down and discussed my background and previous experience. I was strongly encouraged to submit an application. I submitted the application --which consists of the typical application related questions, as well as a personality fit assessment. I followed up about four days later and was brought in for my first interview. The interview lasted about ten minutes, and the interviewer seemed really positive, scheduling my second interview for the following morning. I went in for the second interview, I spoke with an even higher level manager, the interview lasted about a minute before he offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions held an unexpectedly personal nature -- Questions about non work related hobbies, personality traits, and other personal information   Answer Question
    If you've got some experience, push the pay scale range a little bit above what you want, (and think you actually deserve) and negotiate a lower deal, hopefully more than your minimum.

Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I Applied In August & Received 2 Phone Calls From 2 Different Restaurants For An Interview. One In August & The Other In September. I Was Asked The Usual Questions , The Managers Were Very Friendly People. I Did Both Interviews & Was Asked To Come Back For Training The Following Day. But I Have Not Decided If I Would Like To WorkThere Instead Of Chipotle.

Line Cook Interview

In order to get hired you have to show initiative. Get the number to the store and make sure to know the names of the Assistant manager and general manger. They have to go through a lot of applications so it helps if you make yourself known. When you go to the interview be prepared to go through two interviews with the assistant and general manager. They will ask for any restaurant experience but no matter what experience you have equate it to what they do.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a tattoo? Regardless of how much experience you bring to the table if your tattoo would be visible they will refuse to hire you. Be honest that you have them because it depends on the location. But I didn't expect it.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Was called into an interview, lasted about 30 minutes.Dress attire was business casual. It was a pretty straight forward interview. More of a conversation style interview I would say. We talked about my past jobs and education, as well as why I chose Panera, The interview was very easy going overall.

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I was impressed by how efficient it was. I saw a sign they were hiring and so I went online and did their application and literally not 10 minutes later, I receive a call to do an interview. 3 days later I had an interview and after all the questions were asked the manager let me know they would call me within a week whether I got the job or not. A week later, they did call me and I did get the job! It was a very smooth process- I'm used to companies lagging when it comes to getting back to applicants but they were very fast. I only had an interview with one manager also, not two like I see a lot of people saying here. I prepared for the interview by looking here to see what questions they might ask and what answers they would like. Funny enough, the manager did something unique. She presented hypothetical situations and asked me what I would do in those situations. I hadn't worked in a restaurant setting before and was asked why I wanted to get into this field and I said I enjoyed the atmosphere and the pace and would like to learn/gain experience in this field.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they offered. No negotiating.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I got called in for an interview for a Panera Bread that was opening up near my home. When I got to the interview, 15 minutes early, the man who interviewed me was plain terrible. For starters, he didn't bother to get up to greet me, just called me over. And he didn't look ME in the eyes, despite the fact that I was looking at him the entire interview. He also rested his head on his hand and stared at his laptop for pretty much the entire interview. And to top it all off, he didn't tell me anything about the business, the position, or even where the store was being built because he hadn't bothered to find out. I got offered a position, and I turned it down. I wasn't at all impressed with this company based on how I was treated at the interview.

Interview Questions
    • "How do cashiers go above and beyond"
      I answered this question with the basics, plus added some things that I thought of quickly, and the man wasn't impressed, instead kept asking over and over that same question until I told him that I can't think of anything else to add.
        Answer Question

I was treated very poorly and was very unimpressed.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!