Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I applied online and about two weeks later I got called in for an interview. The interview was great! It was super chill. The questions were mainly about myself and my previous job experience. I mentioned the fact that I was a full time student and she asked a lot of questions about that and assured me that they would work it into my schedule. She asked me towards the end if I had a problem scrubbing toilets or doing dishes. She made the interview very enjoyable and I felt confident in my responses. She scheduled a second interview for the next week on the spot. I went to the second interview and the General Manager told me they wanted to hire me. We then set up a time for my orientation.

Employee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Applied online and was called the next day for an interview Went for interview and went well. Was told I would know either way the next day and to call at the end of the day. No phone call and I called left message and no return phone call

Baker Interview

I had one interview. The systemic manager was fantastic to speak with. Highly knowledgeable. She wanted to work with me but the position I was after was no longer available.

Interview Questions

Because the training was to far from home. Ann hour and a half drive.

Cashier/Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Very easy. The manager was most interested in hearing that punctuality was on point. Be sure to communicate that you, the candidate has a strong understanding of how to provide a high level of customer service. Additionally, it is important to be fast and efficient in this role. Also important to convey your availability for specific days. Luckily, the manager was able to work with me and schedule my work week around my full-time student schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't difficult but was asked if I had ever encountered a disgruntled customer and asked how to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I came in early around 9. The General Manager was busy working on the outside. So a cashier went to go get him. He came up to me, and shook my hand and asked if I wanted coffee. We sat down and I got hired after he asked three questions. He's a really nice guy. And I had a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle rude customers?   View Answer
    • How is this job similar to your other jobs? And what did you like about it?   View Answer
    No negotiation. He offered me more money than I intended on getting.

Associate Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Very casual, just a sit down with the general manager or the shift manager. Usually only one interview, and easy to get a job. Everyone I have seen gets along with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    Not really much wiggle room for negotiation.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Had an excellent phone interview. Very laid back and comfortable. Asked about my management style and experience. Information was passed on to local manager who contacted me for a face to face meeting. They set up a time to go in and experience a shift to see if it was a good fit. That went very well, meeting the staff and other managers. It went very well and told them I could really see myself working for them. It has only been a week but I have yet to here back. A bit discouraging. Still hoping to here from them as I really liked the company and could see myself growing in the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself making a difference in out company?   Answer Question

Catering Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Simple interview process. Met with two people. Went well. There were very nice and social. We met in the store. It wasn't crowded but the interviewers were interrupted a couple of times. The interview went quickly and stayed on track.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were a little off-beat from your standard interview questions, but the questions were more fun.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Holy moly, this was a hard interview.
    The manager that interviewed me was straight to the point and immediately asked me to tell me about myself. Although I expected this question, I did not however expect them to throw it immediately on the spot. The interview lasted 15 minutes with at least half a dozen questions. (What are your accomplishments, what do you see yourself doing in a year, how long do you expect to be working here, what would your friends describe you? etc). It was even harder because the manager didnt seem interested in what I had to say :(

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brimfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brimfield, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

A shop is opening up near my apartment, and I walked into the hiring trailer to fill out an application. The manager that was there immediately interviewed me. They were pretty standard questions, "what did you do at your last job", "why panera"... ect. I was asked to come back the next morning for a second interview. The second interview was little more than confirming some details about availability and was told that they would like to hire me. I was given a time and day to go to orientation and given a sheet listing dress code/appearance policies. This was probably the easiest hiring process I've ever experienced.