Panera Bread

Average Difficulty
388 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Interview Details – Took two or three weeks. Got a phone call and scheduled an interview. Was offered a free drink and sat down with the shift manager. She was friendly, gave a run down of the store and what position they were looking for. First she asked about my schedule, then moved on to pretty basic interview questions. Was told they'd call back to schedule a second interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Panera?   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Cashier/Barista

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I loved working at Panera but the only down side to me was closing and having an immature manager. Once you fill the application out online, I had called up there and one manager contacted me the beginning of the next week. The interview process was relatively simple, just smile and answer questions honestly which just pertain to work experience and why you feel your a good fit to deliver 'Panera Warmth'.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with irate, irrational customers?   Answer Question
  • What should you do if you witness another associate or even a manager stealing.?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You start at $8.00 an hour but after 6 months you get a raise and if you become a trainer you get an additional raise, so there is definitely room for growth at Panera Bread.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Had one interview a few days after applying. I was interviewed by the manager and hired on the spot. The interviewer was very nice and professional. After I was hired there was an orientation where they just showed me around the store and did paperwork.

Interview Question – Asked me what was my favorite menu item there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you know that they don't give you the position you interviewed for. You have to start by working in the food preparation.

Associate North Druid Hills (Atlanta) Interview

Associate North Druid Hills (Atlanta)
North Druid Hills, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was called two days later for a interview. I arrived 10 minutes early, and was told that it would be just a moment. I sat down, and waited over 30 minutes before the interviewer approached me, and stated that he was doing some paper work and would be with me in a moment. Finally someone else approached me (different person) and interviewed me for 6 minutes. She didn't say goodbye and I wasn't able to ask questions since she turned and started speaking to someone else. She seemed as if she didn't want to be there and was bothered that she had to interview me.

Interview Question – why do you think you deserve 9 dollars?   Answer Question

Panera Bread Associate Interview

Panera Bread Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was very professional. He was nice and relaxed. He made me feel at ease and introduced me to everyone and made me feel welcomed. Asked me a couple of question. Explained what the uniform was and where I was going to be working at. all in all it was a positive experience.

Interview Question – why you left your old job   View Answer

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews. The 1 st one with a GM 2nd with a DM nothing to in depth with either one. Both were exceptional fellas. They were both very positive about the position I was applying for. Both seemed to be quite happy with their current states.

Interview Question – There were not any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were able to get me close to what I needed.

Crew Interview

Crew

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – They gave me a cup to get a drink and they asked basic questions about my past experiences. There was not many hard questions and took less than 15 minutes. The manger really acted like he didn't want to be there and told me they are interviewing many people and to call back in 3 days to check on my application.

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I must have applied at a good time or a time when they were really short on help, because all three Panera locations I applied to (online) called me that day to set up interviews. I was completely surprised because I am use to companies taking almost a month to contact me. I still have one interview to go, but so far both interviews were very positive experiences. This is high praise from me because I am introverted and hate interviews and "selling myself."

Interview Question – What would your friends say your strengths/weaknesses are?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on my part. I think if you're a really good fit or have previous experience at Panera you might be able to negotiate. I chose not to try.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied a few months before my interview but I was not considered because I did not have prior experience. I later received a job at another restaurant so I updated my Panera application online. I was called back almost two weeks later. I interviewed with one of the managers and it went well. He asked me to come back the next day to speak with another manager. After speaking to the other manager the next day, she offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Why Panera?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I expected the interview to be a whole lot more difficult than I thought. The interview was fairly easy. The GM made me feel very comfortable and acted as if she already knew me. I was hired on the spot but it did take about a month for me to actually come in and work.

Interview Question – There were three questions asked. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!