www.panerabread.com

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.0

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

it was a tiresome process (at least for me) they kept on having me come back because they forgot something or another and couldnt move forward on my interview. either they were missing materials or the interviewer wasnt present that day, or they schedualed me wrong.

i kept going back because i really needed a job. i got it, and the whole process afterwards got a lot better. still could be better.

Interview Questions
    • general questions. why do you want to work here? tell me about yourself. etc.   View Answer
    didn't really negotiation anything.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Will I submitted an aplication in person and then they told me to call there genaral manger but i thought it was the employer tring to get the employ hmmm

Specialist, Corporate Headquarters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in November 2014.

I applied on the Panera website, but was never initially contacted to interview. I followed up with the recruiter nearly three weeks after applying as I saw the job was still open and I had every single qualification.

I received a call the next day (Friday) but was unable to speak at the time. I was called again first thing on Monday morning, but I couldn't get away from my desk and I e-mailed the recruiter back asking if we could speak that afternoon. When speaking with her, she stated that they were really impressed with my qualifications, and that they were moments from making an offer to someone else, but were afraid I would be out of their hiring range. We discussed a range, and I thought it was low, but appropriate, so I agreed to move forward if they were interested.

I followed up with the recruiter the next day (Tuesday) and she let me know that they would like to interview the following day (Wednesday).

I met with the team, one person at a time. Unfortunately, several of them asked me only one or two small questions and instead talked more about themselves and where they came from before Panera. I wasn't able to discuss my qualifications or experience to showcase my talents.

I believe that I lost the offer based on a few things I had said in the interview that did not reflect well on myself, but the interview was more of a showcase of the department. Only one of the people asked me any real questions, and by then I wasn't ready for it.

Interview Questions
    • As stated above, I wasn't exactly asked many questions and had to try to interject where I could.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Panera Bread.

was fast and easy. it was a three part interview. another words was called back three times. there was a small questionnaire to answer which the manager gives you and he uses to determine if you are a likely candidate for the store. after that you are told your starting wage and when to come back to fill out the paperwork. you are then trained with someone else for at least three days depending which station you were hired for.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

After applying online I got a call from the hiring manager to go to the location where they do all of their first time interviews. It was a group interview (which I was unaware of at the time, but that was fine) and there were four of us in total. The hiring manager was extremely nice and the questions were relatively easy, run of the mill interview questions. After it was over we were told we would be contacted by Friday if they wanted to proceed with the interview process. The next day I was contacted and offered a second interview at my preferred location. It was as easy-going as the first one was. Pretty simple process.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in November 2014.

I applied online, with full availability. I received a phone call early the next morning from a manager, who asked to schedule an interview with me later that day. I dressed business casual, and brought an extra copy of my resume. The interview lasted around 30 minutes, mostly because I found myself talking a lot :P At the end of the interview, she asked if I had any questions for her, to which I asked about the response time. She said typically a week or so, but then she thought for a second, excused herself and went to talk with someone in the back of the cafe. When she returned, she informed me that I was invited to a second interview the next morning, with the GM.

The second interview was fairly similar to the first one, she asked some of the same questions, as well as some new ones. This interview lasted around 20 minutes. At the end, she told me that she would call me the next morning so as to let me know about her decision.

A few hours later, I received an unexpected, yet very pleasant phone call from the GM letting me know that I was offered the job!

Line Cook Interview

The interview only took about 10 min. the manager that was interviewing me didnt even look at me the whole time. he was very short and looked unhappy. i was trying to give him the best of myself but he didnt even wait for me to answer his question. im not here to take your job buddy, i just need a part time job for now.

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

I applied online and received a phone call the following week for an interview. The first interview took place in the dining room with one of the shift managers. Basic interview questions were asked. "Tell me about yourself", "Tell me about your prior experience", "Why do you want to work for Panera" "Why should we hire you" and some basic customer service questions. The interview was very relaxed and flowed more like a conversation. The interviewer had a sheet of paper with him but he would only glance at it shorty. He was not reading anything word for word which made the interview feel more personal and inviting. He explained a bit of how the scheduling and orientation works and told me he would like to schedule another interview the following day with the GM. The first interview lasted 15-20 minutes.

The second interview was the following day with the GM and took place in the dining room as well. He started the interview with the same opening question "Tell me a little about yourself" and followed with talking about my previous experience and general customer service questions. This interview also flowed more like a conversation and was not too different from the first. A lot of the interviewing consists of talking about scheduling. The GM hired me and told me I would get a call to tell me when the orientation was.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was pretty standard. Just read through all the questions on this site and you'll have no problem. Make sure you can answer "Tell me about yourself". They use it both as an ice breaker and to see how well you are at describing things to strangers which is a skill they are looking for.   Answer Question
    I asked for the minimum wage on the application but if you have prior experience with customer service or the food industry they will start you higher.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

The Director of Recruiting saw my resume on Indeed and contacted me about the position. Told me when she was going to be in the Panera Bread near me to schedule an interview. Interview scheduled in 15 minute intervals. There were 2 candidates before me and then one after. I am not sure if there was anymore after that being that I left after my interview. I am not sure what positions the other candidates were interviewing for. I dressed professionally for the interview, more so that the other applicants. Interview was professional and basic. Explained the 10 week training process, health benefits. Asked about working hours, availability, what can I offer the company, why Panera bread, cross training examples, what obstacles have I encountered in a job in the past, management style, salary expected etc. I was told that I would be contacted within a week. I was contacted 6 days later with this e-mail:

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider you for the Assistant Manager position with our company.

After careful consideration, we have decided to pursue another applicant for the position.

We will however, maintain your resume in our active files for a period of one year so that we can continue to consider you for any future openings.

Again, we thank you for your interest in our company and wish you every success.

Kindest Regards,

Human Resources Department"

I was disappointed that I didn't get the job because the interview went very well. I was more than qualified for the position. I am also very surprised that I did not get a personal e-mail from the actual interviewer rather that a "generic" e-mail. It would have been nice to know the reason behind their choice. Also, I think it would have been a better alternative to maybe offer me a job at a lower position within the company with a chance to grow. I was told that there were many positions available due to a new Panera bread opening near by and season being just around the corner. If given the opportunity to work for them, I would definitely because it does indeed seem like a serious company.

Associate Interview

The hiring process went smooth, roughly lasted around 40 min for the whole interview. The General manager and shift manager were both involved in the interview and both where really friendly. So just relax and do your best, no need to be nervous.