Panera Bread

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.0

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Well I began the process by applying online. After a few days I called the store to follow- up, the manger on duty then set up an interview date. Two weeks after the interview I got a call back, for a second interview with the GM. It was there that I was notified I got the job.

Baker-Cafe Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Applied online and called the next day to ensure they had received my application, I was then asked to come in that evening for an interview. I arrived 10 min early but had to wait because they were interviewing several people before me. After being interviewed by a manager I was told that I would be interviewed by a second manager who hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about Panera?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a positive experience as a customer (at any restaurant) and describe a time you had a negative experience (at any restaurant).   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt win a sudden stressful situation (ex. pop quiz etc.).   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a restaurant when you are looking to go out to eat?   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a workplace?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Panera Bread.

3 interviews
    One withe recruiter
    One with director of operations
    Final with the owner of the franchise
    It all happened in about a month's time. I was relocating to a different state

Interview Questions
    • Basic restaurant questions
      Inventory
      Employee conflict etc

View Answer
    Called and offered me the job. I accepted the offer because it was what I expected the salary to be

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2015.

I applied online.
    The manager called to set up an interview. She was really nice and friendly, asking questions much simpler than I had anticipated. This was only the second interview I've ever had, so there were a few rough spots, but she was understanding of these awkward moments. It was quick and painless. I just got it done today, so I am in the process of waiting for a reply, but I would definitely recommend it to fellow job seekers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Panera?
      How would your friends describe you and why?
      What is your best trait?
      What are you most excited about working at Panera? Least?
      What are some group activities you've been involved in?
      What is the hardest customer you've had to deal with?
      What do you expect as a customer from a cashier?

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2015.

I applied online and a week later I got a call to set up an interview for the next day. I showed up about 10 minutes early, they offered me a cup, I declined and then had a seat at the table they told me to wait at. I waited about 10 minutes and the Assistant Manager came over to interview me. They're not allowed to ask your age (all they know is that you're over 16) but she asked anyways and with no problem, I answered honestly. She started off with "Tell me about yourself." Every little thing I could tell her about myself, I did. Reading, Sculpting, etc. (which stirred up a great conversation) She then asked about my past work experience, education history, and plans for the future. After that, the pen exploded and ink got on her so she excused herself and went to the back of the store. When she came back, she offered me the position on spot. (took me by surprise since she didn't ask many questions) I learned that experience is a big thing. I was a supervisor & trainer at my last job applying for a cashier position here and she was glad to hear that so anything good you can say about yourself, make sure you include it in the interview! Also, they like really bubbly people so keep a smile, good posture & you're almost guaranteed a job.

Day Baker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

applied online, got called for a call and had an informal interview, then was set up with an in person interview, was hired on the spot (though I was told that doesn't happen often)

Interview Questions
    • if I would be willing to drive at most 30 minutes to get to work   Answer Question
    none

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Applied online and received a phonecall less than 24 hours later. Interview was very fast and cordial; manager was extremely nice; offered a job on the spot. We discussed availability and manager was very understanding of my strict schedule. Very good experience, though I might just be lucky. Looking forward to working there (training in 2wks)

Interview Questions
    • What did you dislike about your last job?   View Answer
    Negotiated schedule; did not discuss wages

Day Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2015.

Got an email from the GM baker of portland, asking to meet up for an interview by email; choosing varies places in oregon that has Panera Bread located, but ask if he could possible come to the place where I apply for, and was fine with it. Went in for the interview hoping for questions thrown at me, but completely different from what I expected, once he looked at my educational records and background where i was from and went to college to, he completely went off subject about his life, but i went along with it as long i make a good impression with him. Then after that he gave a good depth on how the job is and what they do for a baker. After that he told me to come in another to see how production goes on a busy to see hands on production in the kitchen, shadowing one of the baker if it's really the job I'm interested in or not. So once i've done that, he told me to contact him but email or text message about how it went and if I'm interested. He offer me the job right off the bat and paperwork within a few days.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2015.

two interviews. had to go to another city for the first interview. after that, have to wait and see if you made it to the second one. the interview was quite cliché. but it is the time you spent on waiting driving me crazy!

Interview Questions
    • what do you want to work here? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Panera Bread Associate Interview

applied online got called 3 days later to come in for an interview it was set up for next week so waited a week. finally got there about 10 mins early and was kept waiting for almost an hour to be interviewed since the manager was "busy" she apologized and interview was easy