Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.0

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple hours later from a different location than the one I applied for, but since it was fairly close too I said I didn't mind. We scheduled an interview for the next day. When I arrived I think one of the associates was supposed to interview me but I saw them ask the manager to do it. We went for like a 10 minute walk while he asked me questions, and then when we got back to the store he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

straight forward with past school and employment questions; make sure you understand your availability and know when you can't work. They do offer really good training and in store job shadowing so it really helps to ask questions.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

Very casual. Applied online and got a response within a week for an interview. Came into a interview with khakis and a polo. Interview with the hiring manager and if they like you they'll call in the training manager to ask some questions about yourself. They email you or call you to tell if you're hired because they changed the process from hiring on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about Panera?   2 Answers

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

It was fairly easy! I sat down with one of the managers and he looked over my resume fully. He asked me lots of specific questions about myself and then got into the questions he had to ask. If they like you they'll ask you back for a second interview and then talk to you about the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Panera?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect of Panera as a customer? What do you expect if you work here?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Fresno, CA).

Interview

The initial interview was with the assistant manager. The second interview was with the store manager. Both asked very basic questions about my employment history and experiences. This interview was for a brand new store opening so it's possible my experience could be different from others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Webster, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was called 2 weeks after I applied online and went in for my interview. The interview was about 10-15 mins long to get to know me and my previous experience. Also asked my availability.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

It was relaxed, quick, no unnecessary questions. My boss was kind and let me answer each question thoroughly before asking another. She let me know the length of the hiring process and my training period which I appreciated. They really want to make sure you're a good, hardworking person with basic skills. It was not difficult to pass at all.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before? Why would you be good at this job?   Answer Question

Customer Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Interview was easy. Asked basic questions. However, the manager told me that she never received my resume. I was told that I would be transferred to someone in the regional office for a second interview, but never got a call.

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview was a group interview. Basic questions, trying to get to see your personality, values etc. Asked about a few prior experiences you have had with customers. Nothing too complicated. Two days later received a callback to come interview with the GM of the location i wanted to work at. Second interview was not really an interview, more of a chance for the GM to meet me and give them time for my background check to clear before they offered me position. 9 days after interview with the GM i was offered the position.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a week later inviting me to their new store hiring event. It was a group interview. There were 10 of us, including myself. 3 managers asked us to sell them a menu item, we had to do a skit in pairs of 3, as well as another team building exercise. It lasted about 2 1/2 hours. A few hours later I got a call for a 2nd interview. It was with just one of the managers from the day before. It was super quick. A few hours later I got a call and was offered a position. Super laid back but still professional enough.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me $10 an hour and I accepted. No negotiation.