Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.0

Associate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I applied online, was called the next day for an interview. The following day I went for an interview with one of the managers. I was called by the interviewing manager within two days and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I was wanting to do after college. They also asked how long I would be planning on working at their store.   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

brief and simple. friend of mine worked there and told management about me. i applied online and then called a week later to inquire about my application. they called me in for an interview and then offered me the job.

Bakery-Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catonsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Catonsville, MD).

Interview

I walked in and told the cashier that I had an interview. She said okay and offered me a drink which I thought was nice. I waited at a table for the manager to come out and the interview was very brief and simple. He just asked me why I wanted to work at panera, what kinds of things I was into, stuff like that. He told me to come back the next week to speak with the general manager. That interview was brief was well and I was hired on the spot!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

The interviews are welcoming, first interview by a higher-up employee, then a second by the store manager a few days later, interviews took place at seating in the store, was offered to select something to have to drink for each interview, which was very nice. Was given a job, pay slightly negotiable, was told I would be contacted by phone the first interviewer for when the orientation training would be (which I was told would take two days), but have not been contacted yet. The uniform is a black collared shirt, Panera Bread Baseball type hat, apron (I assume these are provided), and presentable pants and shoes. Everyone must work the dining room, keeping it cleaned/neat and directly attending to customers/refilling the coffee and tea as their first position. Both interviewers were happy to say that it is the favorite position, as to be the representation of what the restaurant is about and that it is very easy.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to work here?   Answer Question
    • What is a question you have for me (the second interviewer, the store manager) about the company?   Answer Question

Cafe Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I applied online and received a call in about 2 weeks. My interview with the store's general manager was 1 week after that. He was very nice and actually spent more time talking to me about the company than he did asking me questions. My second interview was another week after that and there were more questions for me in that one, but they were nothing difficult. Altogether both interviews were very relaxed and not anything to worry about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got great customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you got really bad customer service.   Answer Question

Coordinator, Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I applied for the job through my recruiter. Interview process was fairly simple and straight forward. 2 interviews. 1 was with the 2 Senior Managers and the other with the Director.

Interview Questions

• Interview was mainly questions about what I had done at other jobs and how thay experience would translate to helping at job I was interviewing for. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

It was pretty basic. Nothing too hard. Manager was extremely nice. The store was not busy at the time so I felt comfortable answering her questions. She asked me about my educational background and what I would do if a customer was being difficult. I like how even though I might've sounded a bit nervous, she was very understanding and excused my mistakes.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back within 2-3 weeks. The woman who called was actually the regional manager and she told me to come in a few days later for an interview. When I finally arrived and got to spoke to her I found out it was for a new location opening up soon. So anyways about the interview, It started off with her telling me to talk about myself. After, she asked me 7-10 basic questions. Nothing difficult at all! It honestly was very comfortable and she made me feel relaxed. I did get invited to a 2nd interview the next day with the general manager of the new location. Once again very basic questions and very easy. She hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at Panera Bread?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help/satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    • How do you solve a problem? Do you like to rush through it or go through it step by step?   Answer Question
    • Who is your role model?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Start pay is $8.25 but she did say we will advance to $9. Also she talked about a lot of opportunity to move up in the company.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a Panera that was opening this month in my area, and got an email the next day about having an interview the next week, but I could see it was sent to a couple other people as well. I thought it'd be easier getting hired here because someone I knew also go hired with the same amount of experience that I had. The interview was at a hotel since the store hasn't opened yet, and I talked with someone in their restaurant area. He asked for my resume, and about any past experience that I had, if any. I was also asked if I have experience working with teams, how I handle stressful situations, and why I wanted to work at Panera. He also explained to me how Panera likes having a clean restaurant and environment to match their clean food and products. He said that in a couple days they were going to call people around a specific time to tell them if they got invited to the orientation, and if there was no call then you weren't. I didn't recieve a call. I did think it was a bad sign that he didn't keep my resume and had me keep it after he quickly looked over it, and I'm not sure if he wrote my name down or anything. Some things I wish I would have done were to shake their hand and introduce myself, which seems simple but I was nervous. I did dress nice and I felt like I answered the questions well, but I guess there were people who were more qualified to help open the store.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very comfortable setting, offered a drink, meet by a very professional manager, easy going, easy to talk to, not to long not to short. Found out a great deal about the job, did not have to ask many questions, understanding and friendly