Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

Very casual. Applied online and got a response within a week for an interview. Came into a interview with khakis and a polo. Interview with the hiring manager and if they like you they'll call in the training manager to ask some questions about yourself. They email you or call you to tell if you're hired because they changed the process from hiring on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about Panera?   1 Answer

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (North Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I applied online, and was called back within a few days to do an interview. The interview was a group style interview- we all got together around a large table, I believe there were four of us, and one at a time we would answer each question that the manager asked. It was a very friendly, casual interview, a bit unlike any other interview that I've done before, but it was a good way to judge everyone's personalities as well as the personality of the manager who conducted the interview. I believe three of us ended up getting offers, though the others may have gotten offers and turned them down, since they made the offers a day or two after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you've had with a coworker in the past, and how you resolved that conflict.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

The interview process was long for me. They asked me a lot of questions, repeating multiple times the same questions. If felt like more of an interrogation than interview, but they gave me the job immediately.

Interview Questions

• Name the most difficult task/problem you faced at a job and what you did to fix/cope with it.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview about two weeks later. They gave me no options for an interview other than a day over a week away (so the whole process was taking over three weeks). Went in for the interview and they asked pretty standard questions and a few really weird ones (favorite food and how you make it... Like that's a little weird). They made a couple inappropriate remarks during the interview (one sexist and one about how much money my family made) but overall it wasn't horrific. They were going to set me up with a second interview so the interviewer went to talk to the gm about when they would set it up. Ten minutes later the guy returned and said they actually aren't interested.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Mansfield, TX).

Interview

I applied on Wednesday evening an got a call on Thursday morning asking to set up and interview for Friday morning. The interview went well they were really nice and laid back. Just had the interview this morning so no call yet :)

Interview Questions

• Would you rather learn one thing and be an expert at it or learn many different things?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Asked basic questions such as what can you bring to the company? Why do you want to work for us? The HR was very open to people who don't have work experience and college students. The interview felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

It was quite easy. I got a call about 2/3 days after I filled out my application online. I came in for an interview with a corporate lady and I sat down at a table and she asked about my experience at my previous job and why I left there and what is keeping me from going back. I got the job on the spot!

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

It was confusing at first because I expected the interviewer to be available when I showed up at the cafe. It was breakfast rush at Panera and the line was almost out the door. The associates were working hare and I didn't want to cut out of line. Thus, I waited in that long line to get to a cashier to tell her that I was there for an interview. She gave me a cup to get a drink and then went to the back to get the manager from the office. I was about 10 minutes past my schedule time to interview even though I arrived early since I had to wait in line. I was interviewed by the manager inside the cafe. The interviewer was nice. The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes. I was offered the job straight after she interviewed me.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread (Stuart, FL).

Interview

I applied and called a few days later and decided to go to the store. I went in to speak to the hiring manager and it turned into an interview! She told me to come back the best day to have an interview with the general manager. Over the phone the general manager sounded very nice but during the interview he was very mono tone and didn't seem interested. I called the next day just to thank him for the interview and before I got a sentence out he said "Well I sat down with everyone and I think I'll pass." A very unprofessional man.

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Seal Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I haven't been hired yet, just had my first interview yesterday. It was a very laid back, group interview consisting of me, 10 others, and the first hiring associate. Questions were fairly simple, asking each of us to describe teamwork or accountability, how would we describe a menu item to an indecisive customer, who our favorite past supervisor or teacher was and why, and describe ourselves in one word.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe teamwork?   1 Answer