Panera Bread

325 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Baker - Day Shift Interview

Manalapan, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online; was contacted by company. Set up interview, day of I called to cancel and girl who I spoke with was not there. Called numerous times stating what had happened to Hiring Manager and was given a rude, discourteous response. Should not put employees anywhere near phones, huge headache and not worth it.

Interview Question – Did I have open availability?   View Answer

Prep and Hourly Associate Interview

Westfield, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2012.

Interview Details – After I applied online it took a week to hear from Panera. I got a call from the assistant GM and came in for the interiew. She asked alot of basic questions, was very upbeat, and seemed to show interest in my application. She scheduled me to meet up with the GM for the next day. I came in to meet him and was disappointed from the start, he seemed nice enough but was very distracted. He kept looking around him, behind the counter, and all around during the interview. I would have understood if they had been terribly busy or had few people working but there werent many people in line and he had 6 people working. He didn't seem prepared for the interview in any way, when he did ask me a question I would answer and he would seem confused about the information I gave him or he would leaf through my application to look at my info again and again. I'm a bit confused as to why someone would agree to an interview without even looking at the applicants information, or why when we did speak he would not meet my eyes. He finally ended the interview saying he would have the assistant GM call me in a few days to let me know if I had got the job or not. after a week of not hearing from anyone I called and was told by her that they would be going with another person. I was surprised by this as I had experience for the job I had applied for. I sincerely hope Panera re-thinks the way they treat their applicants or they will miss out on some great people.

Interview Questions

Production Associate Interview

Production Associate
Citrus Heights, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was a group interview where you had to memorize and explain a menu item. The second interview was with a mid-level manager who was supposed to stall until the arrival of a higher manager who did not show up. The third interview was with a new manager and ultimately a technicality. I was offered the job that day.

Interview Question – What is the difference between customer service and hospitality?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Broomall, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by Hr when I was transitioning jobs... I was interviewed by three different men and no woman. No woman in upper management which is very sexist. Interview process took over a month which was ridiculous and very unorganized. I wish they didnt string it this long. When I got the job offer i was strung along even more then finally started.. Training was bad as managers who trained me did not seem to care about me one bit.

Negotiation Details – 35 k for 50 hrs a wk.. worked 60. 10 hrs for free is ridiculous with a bunch of dumb tedious jobs and expectations. sick of it then moved just recently and was able to get away from this hell. this is just not a good place to work

Interviewed for Management Interview

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2012.

Interview Details – Long I was told I would know something friday and then next friday and then 5 weeks went by before I started.

Interview Question – Why MY position was eliminated. And was told it was odd for a veterinary clinic to have layoffs?   Answer Question

Associate Trainer Interview

Associate Trainer
Lancaster, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online. I got a call a few days later from the general manager to schedule an interview. Had an interview with the GM and got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There were a lot of situational questions. "what would you do if...?" "How did you handle this...?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a certain amount and he said, "We'll be able to pay you that."

Associate Interview

Associate
Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2009.

Interview Details – Filled out application and waited for call-back. Had interview with first manager. They asked basic interview questions. Completed interview and I was told they would call me. Got another phone call and went in for my second interview. After finishing second intetview I was offered a job at that store at the starting level.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate some but my pay was quickly raised based on my performance.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2008.

Interview Details – First interview was with the Human Resource Manager. Second interview was with the District Manager. They also allowed a view hours to review the job with another manager before accepting the position.

Interview Question – I was comfortable in the interview, so there really isn't anything that comes to mind.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Bayside, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2010.

Interview Details – You apply online through their website, they call you if they are interested. You show up dressed well, bring a copy of your resume, be on time. You meet with the general manager the first interview session, second session may be the assistant manager. You start on a probational week schedule. Usually find out in about a week or less whether or not you get hired. Hiring process: Fill out legal forms, get a shirt , hat, name tag as your uniform, start on the first day you are on schedule.

Interview Question – What are three things you consider yourself that make you stand out besides your friends?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is nothing to negotiate they ask you: When is your start date?

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2012.

Interview Details – This was my first job interview ever and it went better than expected. The manager was really chill and sweet. I was offered something to drink and the staff was really nice as well. After the interview i was told to come back for a second interview 2 days later with the general manager and was offered the job a week later (they were interviewing other people). Overall it was a fantastic experience and i would just suggest be yourself and come well dressed!

Interview Question – if you could be any animal you wanted to be, which animal would you be and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told the manager that i could work full time during the summer, but as soon as school started up again i would have to be working part-time

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread interview questions and advice. All 325 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.