Panera Bread

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Getting the Interview

322 candidate interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Responded to a craiglist ad and did the interview with a manager. It was not stressful at all. He made it like a conversation. I responded like i did not care if i was hired or not and still got the job. After some questions he offered me a salary and i accepted the job after he said i was in. We shook hands and met again for paperwork. There were a few meetings and a tour.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for panera bread?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I just accepted.

Cashier Interview

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – went in in a dress shirt jeans and dress shoes. im only 17 so i didnt have a great pair of dress pants so i decided to wear jeans. waited for 15 mins or so. interview went really well. he really liked me and bam gave me the job on the spot. i had no prior work experience and gave me 8.5 an hour.

Interview Question – none really. asked me to basically describe myself.   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – short quick and easy. didnt ask anything besides basic interview questions. they want to know that your a hard worker, and want to work in a fast enviornment

Negotiation Details – didnt ask for negotiation. gave me a better offer than i asked for

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I was an associate when I was hired...

Interview Question – The questions were about you as a person mentally and how you would go about doing certain things   Answer Question

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online, was called for an interview. Spoke to two managers at the interview and was asked basic questions, nothing to special.

Interview Question – Why work at Panera over other stores?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I called in and asked for a follow up on my application and they quickly gave me an interview for the following day. I came in and they asked me a series of questions. They told me to come in again the next day for another interview. I did and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Applied online for new opening location by sea world and got called back same day lol

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Panera?   View Answer

Cashier/Barista Interview

Cashier/Barista

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Applied online, recieved a call from the store within a few days. Went to meet the manager, general questions. They gave me a formal offer the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult. What are your positive attributes and qualities, how do you work with others, etc.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – It lacks alot of good management...People who coduct the interview do not know much about the position except to milk you and make money with less reward to you

Interview Question – Nothing difficult except i have to take the job am not in love.....I get to work to make it for the time being   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not bad

Server Interview

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – I had two interviews and all the questions were pretty basic, and the interviewers were nice.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Panera Bread Videos

Panera Bread – Why Work for Us?

We are bakers of bread. We are fresh from the oven. We are a symbol of warmth and welcome. We are a simple pleasure, honest and genuine. We are a life story told over dinner. We are a long lunch with an old friend. We… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread interview questions and advice. All 322 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.