Panera Bread

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.0

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

The interview questions were really basic and easy, nothing hard in my opinion ( very first interview). The only problem was the assistant manager wasn't very focused, she got up during the interview abruptly about 3 times. Besides that, I Got asked to come to a second interview with the general manager.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I submitted an application online and received a phone call within a week. I talked with one of the assistant managers there and they planned to schedule two interviews, one with an assistant manager and another with the head manager. I went in for my first interview and found out that the assistant manager wasn't there and that I would just have my first interview with the head manager. We had a brief discussion, maybe 20 minutes, about my past experience, my goals in life, why I wanted to work at Panera and why I wanted to work in the customer service domain, among other things. Nothing out of the ordinary. Honestly, if you are dressed nicely that will probably be half of it. They aren't looking for past experience, just character.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation here, they gave me a flat hourly salary at the end of my interview and I had no chance to bargain.

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

I applied online, got an interview with a week. The process was pretty easy, it was my first job in food service. The manager who interviewed me was very calm and actually listened to my answers. He emphasized how important it was to make the customer happy and to follow the rules and to use the tools you gained through your training to be great t your job.

Cashier/Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in November 2014.

I applied online and about a week later got called in for an interview. I went in for the interview and ended up doing two with two different managers (with a 15 minute wait in between) and both said they liked me! One noted he liked my personality and that I had a great smile. So he scheduled an interview with a third (general) manager. We talked for about half an hour and I was nervous at first but loosened up quickly. After some talking she asked how much I wanted to get paid then said “welcome on board”. I had no job experience prior to this but made sure to note my volunteer experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is one surprising thing you learned about yourself when volunteering at soup kitchens?   View Answer
    I said yes to the first amount offered. $8.25

Shift Supervisor Interview

Easy interview process. Told I was cute and that I would look in the front. Quick and friendly interview with a manager. Not an intimidating interview at all.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2013.

The interview was very quick, and easy process. They ask me questions like what do you know about panera bread.And why do you want to work here. The guy was really nice, and the employees were really helpful

Interview Questions

I didn't really like the atmosphere

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

it was a tiresome process (at least for me) they kept on having me come back because they forgot something or another and couldnt move forward on my interview. either they were missing materials or the interviewer wasnt present that day, or they schedualed me wrong.

i kept going back because i really needed a job. i got it, and the whole process afterwards got a lot better. still could be better.

Interview Questions
    • general questions. why do you want to work here? tell me about yourself. etc.   View Answer
    didn't really negotiation anything.

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread in May 2013.

I submitted my application and 2 weeks later was called about setting up an interview. I had researched the kinds of questions they might ask and was pretty prepared. A few days later I was called and offered the position!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected, they were basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2014.

Applied online and then was asked to complete an personality assessment, which I never completed. I was honestly tired of taking them. Received a call from a District Manager for my area about 3-4 weeks later wanting to schedule an interview. Met at a local Panera; interview went great and lasted about an hour; very personable and easy to talk to. 2nd interview was schedule the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions if you already know what you would do in managerial types of situations.   Answer Question
    Offer letter with salary and benefits was sent via email after I passed background check. I sent counter offer letter with my desired salary, my qualifications and what I would bring to the company. My counter offer was accepted 2 days later.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Will I submitted an aplication in person and then they told me to call there genaral manger but i thought it was the employer tring to get the employ hmmm