Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.0

Cashier/Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in January 2011.

Interview

It was mostly informal because it was my first job. It didn't take long for management to call me back, if you don't hear in 2-3 weeks they are not hiring for that season.

Interview Questions

• How would you react in (specific) stressful situations with customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate your pay if you had previous experience.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

First interview went well. This was my first interview for a job so we mainly talked about my hobbies, high school sports and availability. Average interview questions, then asked me to define 10 huge words that i've never used in my vocabulary. I didn't know where to start or how to define the worlds so I had to try and make stuff up.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I had already been working almost 2 years as an associate trainer on both register/line, my manager was looking for me to move up so he arranged a meeting with our district manager. It was very informal, he just chatted with me and asked me questions about myself and my life, then gave me the chance to ask him questions pertaining to the position. By the end of it was I given the position. I understand this may not happen at all locations but Panera does promote from within often and from the district manager visiting our store, he got to know what kind of worker I was. My manager just put in a good word and it went from there. I hear now that shift supervisors may have to have a brief interview/introduction in front of all the gm's at their manager meeting.

Customer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Regular standard procedure, walked in greeted myself and the first thing she commented on was the clothes I was wearing in a bad way... That was kind of rude tbh but whatever. The second interview was better but I got employment elsewhere so I declined at the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company.   1 Answer

Day Baker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Quick, free drink offered, the review was over my professional ability, ease with others, communicating well, the customers can have very specific requests, the no jerks policy, dress code, computer use for their system, safety in the work place.

Interview Questions

• If I'm familiar with how a bakery runs, & can be quick & efficient.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread (Columbus, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

First you meet with a recruiter, Then if they like you a DM will call you and set up an interview, After that if they like you they have you work a 2hr shift in a store to make sure you like it, Then sit down and talk salary and where you will train

Interview Questions

• What's your expierence in food service?
      What interest you in panera?

Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Downers Grove, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. I first met with a manager she like me right away. Right away got schedule to interview with the GM. Got hired within a week.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was so easy. The General Manager asked me simple questions about my first job and previous experience and was very friendly. I was nervous but the process was smooth and easy. I got a second interview discussing availability and the orientation. It was a vreeze

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Brighton, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

You interview with a hiring manager first, and if they are interested in hiring you then you'll have a second interview with the general manager. The second interview is much easier and they basically confirm your availability. You'll get a call back if they want to offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask about your pay or they won't tell you

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread (York, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

The general manager basically sat me down in the cafe and asked me questions about my personality. He asked me about my favorite hobbies and just general questions about who I am.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite quality about yourself as a person.   Answer Question