Panera Bread

Updated Aug 14, 2014

Average Difficulty
386 candidate interviews

Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Had one interview a few days after applying. I was interviewed by the manager and hired on the spot. The interviewer was very nice and professional. After I was hired there was an orientation where they just showed me around the store and did paperwork.

Interview Question – Asked me what was my favorite menu item there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you know that they don't give you the position you interviewed for. You have to start by working in the food preparation.

Associate North Druid Hills (Atlanta) Interview

Associate North Druid Hills (Atlanta)
North Druid Hills, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was called two days later for a interview. I arrived 10 minutes early, and was told that it would be just a moment. I sat down, and waited over 30 minutes before the interviewer approached me, and stated that he was doing some paper work and would be with me in a moment. Finally someone else approached me (different person) and interviewed me for 6 minutes. She didn't say goodbye and I wasn't able to ask questions since she turned and started speaking to someone else. She seemed as if she didn't want to be there and was bothered that she had to interview me.

Interview Question – why do you think you deserve 9 dollars?   Answer Question

Panera Bread Associate Interview

Panera Bread Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2013.

Interview Details – It was very professional. He was nice and relaxed. He made me feel at ease and introduced me to everyone and made me feel welcomed. Asked me a couple of question. Explained what the uniform was and where I was going to be working at. all in all it was a positive experience.

Interview Question – why you left your old job   View Answer

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews. The 1 st one with a GM 2nd with a DM nothing to in depth with either one. Both were exceptional fellas. They were both very positive about the position I was applying for. Both seemed to be quite happy with their current states.

Interview Question – There were not any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were able to get me close to what I needed.

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I must have applied at a good time or a time when they were really short on help, because all three Panera locations I applied to (online) called me that day to set up interviews. I was completely surprised because I am use to companies taking almost a month to contact me. I still have one interview to go, but so far both interviews were very positive experiences. This is high praise from me because I am introverted and hate interviews and "selling myself."

Interview Question – What would your friends say your strengths/weaknesses are?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on my part. I think if you're a really good fit or have previous experience at Panera you might be able to negotiate. I chose not to try.

Crew Interview

Crew

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – They gave me a cup to get a drink and they asked basic questions about my past experiences. There was not many hard questions and took less than 15 minutes. The manger really acted like he didn't want to be there and told me they are interviewing many people and to call back in 3 days to check on my application.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied a few months before my interview but I was not considered because I did not have prior experience. I later received a job at another restaurant so I updated my Panera application online. I was called back almost two weeks later. I interviewed with one of the managers and it went well. He asked me to come back the next day to speak with another manager. After speaking to the other manager the next day, she offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Why Panera?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I expected the interview to be a whole lot more difficult than I thought. The interview was fairly easy. The GM made me feel very comfortable and acted as if she already knew me. I was hired on the spot but it did take about a month for me to actually come in and work.

Interview Question – There were three questions asked. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2013.

Interview Details – Standard. I went in, asked for an application. They told me to go online. A few days after fillling out the online application, I had a phone interview. And finally a short in person interview during which I was hired.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2011.

Interview Details – Spoke to the general manager of the store and then once hired, I started the training process which took a couple weeks. He asked me very general questions about school, other jobs I've had, and my future goals.

Interview Question – Why Panera?   Answer Question

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!