Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.0

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

It was confusing at first because I expected the interviewer to be available when I showed up at the cafe. It was breakfast rush at Panera and the line was almost out the door. The associates were working hare and I didn't want to cut out of line. Thus, I waited in that long line to get to a cashier to tell her that I was there for an interview. She gave me a cup to get a drink and then went to the back to get the manager from the office. I was about 10 minutes past my schedule time to interview even though I arrived early since I had to wait in line. I was interviewed by the manager inside the cafe. The interviewer was nice. The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes. I was offered the job straight after she interviewed me.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

It was quite easy. I got a call about 2/3 days after I filled out my application online. I came in for an interview with a corporate lady and I sat down at a table and she asked about my experience at my previous job and why I left there and what is keeping me from going back. I got the job on the spot!

Panera Bread Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread (Stuart, FL).

Interview

I applied and called a few days later and decided to go to the store. I went in to speak to the hiring manager and it turned into an interview! She told me to come back the best day to have an interview with the general manager. Over the phone the general manager sounded very nice but during the interview he was very mono tone and didn't seem interested. I called the next day just to thank him for the interview and before I got a sentence out he said "Well I sat down with everyone and I think I'll pass." A very unprofessional man.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I applied online and then got a call maybe a week later, and we set up an interview for a few days later. I arrived and they offered me a drink, and I sat and waited for a few minutes before someone came out and interviewed me. The questions weren't too hard but it was pretty short, maybe 10 minutes. It was at a Panera Cares, so quite a few of the questions were related to the mission of Panera Cares. They said they'd get back to me the next day about the position but I haven't heard back.

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Seal Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I haven't been hired yet, just had my first interview yesterday. It was a very laid back, group interview consisting of me, 10 others, and the first hiring associate. Questions were fairly simple, asking each of us to describe teamwork or accountability, how would we describe a menu item to an indecisive customer, who our favorite past supervisor or teacher was and why, and describe ourselves in one word.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe teamwork?   1 Answer

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread (Quincy, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I got interviewed twice. One with the assistant manager and the latter with the store manager. The content of the 2 interviews were pretty similar. They asked me the same set of questions, maybe went a little more details in the second interview. It took about 20 min for each interview. The 2nd interview was 1 week after the 1st one. After the 2nd interview, I heard back from them a couple days later.

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I showed up early so I had to wait but as soon as the manager saw me she appreciated the patience and earliness. The actual interview was really laid back and honestly really easy, she asked more questions about myself rather than the bland interview questions. It was really relaxing that it just felt like I was talking to someone rather be questioned then leave.

Interview Questions

• What are the accomplishments you are most proud of?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We were able to negotiate schedule flexibility since I am a college student. This is a good first job for students because they are extremely flexible with their work schedule, plus they cross train so if you want to work and it's in your normal hours you can do so!

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Lynnwood, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few days later for an interview the next day. Got to the interview and it was very quick and easy. Asked me a few standard interview questions.Felt more like a conversation with a friend than an interview. Was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Warner Robins, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Basically he asked me to tell him a little about me and my schedule and what days I would be available and mostly small talk. He also told me a little about the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? Why do you want to work here? Out of all of your attributes what do you think is the weakest?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Des Plaines, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after completing the online job application, I received a phone call asking me to come in for an in-store interview. The manager was 40+ minutes late for the interview. When he finally came, he sat me down at a table and went through a list of question, and despite my attempts at starting a conversation, he gave very few responses. He then ended the interview abruptly, saying he had a lot to get back to, and told me that he would contact me regarding a second interview at the end of the week. Needless to say, he never did.