Panera Bread

Relevance Date Difficulty

Bakery-Cafe Associate Interview

Bakery-Cafe Associate
Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews I felt they both went well, I called them back 2 days later and the GM said they couldn't fit me into the schedule and only 8 hrs. a week is all they could give me, I could tell in his answer he was lying to me, I will never step foot in this place again.

Interview Question – There were none, all typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Night Baker Interview

Night Baker

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Applied online and got the call for an interview a few nights later. I was excited cause it seemed like a decent job. My interview was scheduled late at night, which was fine because it was the overnight shift. My phone had died so I didn't get the message that they had already filled the spot. It was disappointing that he didn't tell me at the door that the interview was off and instead I went through the entire process and felt confident about it only to get to my charged phone and hear the message. I felt like a complete idiot and I felt like they should have just been upfront with me instead of wasting mine and their time. A piece of advice to the company as well, it would be polite to interview all candidates that were scheduled before filling the spot.

Interview Question – What is your absolute dream job?   View Answer

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Benefits Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2014.

Interview Details – It took a long time to be contacted initially by the recruiter. But once I was in contact with the recruiter for the job, I got quick responses. I had an initial phone interview, then had an a 1st interview scheduled with my direct supervisors and 2 of my potential colleagues that would train me. I ended up not getting the job because someone else had more direct experience than I did. I've applied for other jobs and it just takes FOREVER to hear anything about an interview from the recruiters.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where Plan A didn't go right and what you did to make it to the end.   Answer Question

Associate Trainer Interview

Associate Trainer
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview depends on the store. I had a simple interview and was hired on the spot. I was then required to come in for "orientation" to fill out paperwork and do some online training. Then, I had to attend "planet bread" with all new associates in the area to learn more about Panera's culture.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I started in 2011 and asked for 8.00/hr, they accepted.

Hourly Shift Manager Interview

Hourly Shift Manager
Tarpon Springs, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Easy, be prepared. Do your research. They will ask about strengths, weaknesses, you will take an online test that will determine how well you score in order to make it to the next round of interview.

Interview Question – Why should Panera chose you? You should research the "Panera Bread mission" (it is our passion, soul, and expertise). Know about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. They had no room for negotiation with me.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

Panera Bread Associate
Grosse Pointe, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied Saturday day night and got a call Sunday evening. 1st interview with a manager was that following Tuesday then another interview with the general manager that thursday. I was hired on spot on my 2nd interview.

Interview Question – How do you work on busy days?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Associate Interview

Associate
Pleasant Hills, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy, I walked in, filled out an application and handed it to the manager who offered me an interview for the next day on spot. I came into the interview with research about the company already completed and they asked me various questions to complete the interview.

Interview Question – There wasn't really a difficult question besides what am I looking for in an employer.   View Answer

Hourly Associate Interview

Hourly Associate
Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Interview Details – Post 1st interview at Seal Beach, CA, I was given a 2nd interview at my desired location-Main Street at Huntington Beach. Manager Casey was not at all what I expected: sincerely kind and incredibly easy to talk to. Asked me 'what's your fave movie?' and 'have you ever had a confrontation with co-workers?'. Easy questions and an easy-to-talk-to manager. Also got a free drink from a warm cashier. Great atmosphere.

The only flaw? Being told to wait a few days for a call, to see if I make it to a 3rd interview. Inconvenient and crazy!

Interview Question – Unexpected question: What's your favorite movie?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – I was referred by a previous manager I had worked for at another Panera. She and the store manager I talked to were good friends, so it wasn't hard to set an interview. The process was very simple and, possibly because of my recommendation, it was over very quickly. Both the GM and the DM were very helpful and thorough.

Interview Question – Why is the customer always right?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiating phase. I requested Sundays off and was told I had to work them. I negotiated it down to one Sunday off a month, etc. What I would say is to keep on top of the negotiations. Write notes and if someone crosses the line, bring it up.

Shift Manager Interview

Shift Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2011.

Interview Details – I got hired as an associate, but the interview was fine. Everybody was nice and made me feel comfortable. They basically wanted to make sure that I had people skills, personality, and could answer questions without having to make to much effort. Also they asked about outside activities and what I liked to do on my on time.

Interview Question – I don't think there was a difficult question given. Just be honest with everything.   Answer Question