Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.0

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2011.

Spoke to the general manager of the store and then once hired, I started the training process which took a couple weeks. He asked me very general questions about school, other jobs I've had, and my future goals.

Corporate IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Process took over three months and was a complete disorganized mess. The HR person forgot to call me for the phone screen. I met with five people at the office, three of whom did not even know what I was being interviewed for.

They speak a lot about culture and their 'No Jerks' policy. A couple of the people that I interviewed with were the very definition of jerks. The seemed very interested in telling me how they were more important than the other people I interviewed with. It was pretty obvious the politics there are awful. These were director and VP level people that are clearly unqualified for their positions. I was very unimpressed and it was clear a couple of them have never worked in a real IT shop. One of the interviews was via video conference in their Boston office. He spent most of the interview talking about himself.

Since they spoke so much about diversity I asked about women in leadership. There were no women in the 25+ director and VP slots at Panera. This company is run by amateurs.

Night Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I was interviewed in front of two managers. One was the bakery sector manager, and the other was the store manager. The bakery manager was very welcoming and friendly. Asked me the typical questions ("Why do you want to work here?") and the store manager was extremely rude with her input about my questions, ("Well are you going to quit your other job soon? This is a big boy job after all.") as if my questions weren't appeasing her. The bakery manager gave her a look - the tension was quite obvious - and after the questions he walked me out and apologized for her behavior. He became my boss and I learned later that she was just an unpleasant woman after all who knew nothing about the bakery sector whatsoever. There was a 2nd interview who was supposed to be with a GM but the GM never bothered to come in so my boss came in and gave me the 2nd interview himself. Then came orientation. It was so straightforward I wondered why they waited 5 months to respond to my application.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working unsupervised?   View Answer
    The starting rate is at $10/hr for Panera under Covelli Enterprise. Because I had a baking associate degree, he said he would give me $0.50 more. I know now that other's have been brought in at $11 for having management background - but I was told that that employee was hired by another manager and given too high of a wage to start out with - an undoable mistake.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seal Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

Nail biter! My first interview was a group interview with about 6 other people, the interviewers seemed distracted and asked 2 questions in all, I thought I did a bad job but ended up getting called for a second interview two days later. The second interview was in my desired work location with the general manager and I was interviewed with two other girls. Simple questions such as: what do you think panera's main goals are? No biggie. Started losing hope when I wasn't called, then got called exactly a week after my 2nd interview with a job offer. It just took a while to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer is straight up not being respectful?   View Answer
    Took the job, getting paid minimum wage but understandable and negotiable.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

The process took several weeks. Originally, I thought it was a written application, but it's entirely online. You have to fill out a normal application, as well as a 12 page questionnaire about your personality. It's pretty simple honestly. I waited about a week after filling this out, and then called in the follow up on my application. I was told that application were being looked at, and I should receive a call within the next week, and if I didn't receive one by the end of the week, to call back. I waited a week, and received no reply, so I called back that weekend. I was told applications were being looked at still, and to expect a call back soon. I waited until the Tuesday after that, and decided to visit the personally, and follow up on my application there. The manager was very nice, and immediately scheduled an interview for the following week. I went to the interview, and it was very surprising how relaxed the environment was. It was really more like having a conversation with someone rather than a grueling interview about your strengths and weaknesses. After a nice chat, the manager seemed to genuinely like me, and hired me on the spot. I have to fill in my paperwork still, but I was told to come in the next day for that, and to attend the Planet Bread orientation a week from now.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions really. Just have some knowledge of the company, that never hurts, and be polite. Remember your manners.   Answer Question

Night Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Johnstown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Unfortunately I knew the BMM (Bakery Market Manager) who was in charge of the hiring process, So with the in going in. My interview only took fifteen minutes, and we went over the basic application, copied my birthcertificate and verified my SSN card. We also went over the baeer's training manual shirt and pant size and shoes, pretty much the basic requirements that are going to have to be met to perform as a solo bake

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

Really easy process not too many questions. Quick and simple interview. Hired on the spot. Asked to come back next week for information and uniforms. Overall very easy interview process.

No negotiation

Associate Interview

Meet with several managers. Have to go online and fill out an application and you can call or come in to check the status of you application. Once that is done you should know weather they would like to follow up with an in person interview.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Basic questions, ie. "Why do you want to work here? How long do you see yourself with the company?" Nothing too complicated or requiring much thought. Very simple process: Do well in the interview, sign the papers a few days after a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult for experienced workers, new job seekers may not even have too much trouble   Answer Question

Associate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2010.

Really simple interview process. Sat down with the store manager. Less than 30 minutes long. They called me within days of applying, then hired me the day after the interview. You train for a few weeks, learn the menu, and how to make all the food. Some stay on food prep, some move to cashier/bakery.