Panera Bread

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grosse Pointe, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied Saturday day night and got a call Sunday evening. 1st interview with a manager was that following Tuesday then another interview with the general manager that thursday. I was hired on spot on my 2nd interview.

Interview Question – How do you work on busy days?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

North Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2009.

Interview Details – They ask on why you want to work here? What is your favorite part about our product? Can you work as a team and explain? Explain when you went above and beyond?

You have a training associate train you on a position, then if you cant do it in three days, or they don't like you they will boot you to dish or dining room.

Interview Question – N/A A high school with a brain or good work ethic can get this job...dosent take a rocket scientist.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the told you what you will be doing and how much you will get paid

Aberdeen, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2012.

Interview Details – Didnt seem interested in interview, unfocused, drifted off to listen to other employees conversations during interview multiple times. Almost seemed relieved to go back to the office at the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Question – Am I married, and do I have kids?   View Answer

Panera Bread Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in November 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the now GM of my Bakery/Cafe. Very friendly and professional. Asked about my leadership ability and how what made me think I would be a good fit for this job. The atmosphere was very relaxed and casual but professional. Dress well in casual business attire as Panera Bread prefers polished and well groomed employees. Be especially friendly and polite as the manager has most likely already had a full busy day and is looking for someone who can fully embody "Panera Warmth" to each guest no matter what position you are applying for.

Interview Question – I was asked how to handle a disgruntled guest with a compliant against me personally or the product I presented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked to start training that week and accepted.

Panera Bread Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Went into a Panera to ask for an application, simple enough. A manager is brought out to bring you one. Then I filled it out and brought it to a Panera closer to my house. The hiring manager happened to be on break, so I had a kind of mini-interview then. The manager called me within the next 24 hours to set up an interview, which was rather brief, just a few questions, nothing you can't handle.

Interview Question – The hardest thing I got asked was, "Why do you want to work here?" but I was (and still am) relatively new in the job industry.   Answer Question

Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online, was called within a few weeks, interviewed for around 20 minutes, and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – There were a few "what would you do it" questions, if I remember correctly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I simply accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread Panera Bread Associate interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.