Panera Bread

Updated Dec 4, 2014

1.5

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

The interview questions were really basic and easy, nothing hard in my opinion ( very first interview). The only problem was the assistant manager wasn't very focused, she got up during the interview abruptly about 3 times. Besides that, I Got asked to come to a second interview with the general manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I submitted an application online and received a phone call within a week. I talked with one of the assistant managers there and they planned to schedule two interviews, one with an assistant manager and another with the head manager. I went in for my first interview and found out that the assistant manager wasn't there and that I would just have my first interview with the head manager. We had a brief discussion, maybe 20 minutes, about my past experience, my goals in life, why I wanted to work at Panera and why I wanted to work in the customer service domain, among other things. Nothing out of the ordinary. Honestly, if you are dressed nicely that will probably be half of it. They aren't looking for past experience, just character.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation here, they gave me a flat hourly salary at the end of my interview and I had no chance to bargain.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

Really easy process not too many questions. Quick and simple interview. Hired on the spot. Asked to come back next week for information and uniforms. Overall very easy interview process.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grosse Pointe, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grosse Pointe, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

I applied Saturday day night and got a call Sunday evening. 1st interview with a manager was that following Tuesday then another interview with the general manager that thursday. I was hired on spot on my 2nd interview.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in March 2014.

Initially seemed an upbeat and friendly workplace, but it didn't last. Turning in the application and getting an interview wasn't a problem, it was the managers following through with their appointment for the orientation (that they themselves set up) that was problematic. The first time I went in for the orientation, they were "in the middle of an audit" and were too busy to do it. Okay, annoying that they didn't call me before I drove all the way out there, but people make mistakes (but honestly, shouldn't they have been more prepared for their audit instead of rushing to get everything as presentable as possible the day of? Not good in my book, because they have at least all month to do these things). Rescheduled the orientation at a later time, but when I came back for that one, I was once again turned away because the manager wasn't even there, and again, they failed to notify me until after I got there (which seems to me they probably didn't even know I was coming *again*). This time I was more than annoyed at their display of total incompetence, and, not one to put up with nonsense more than once, I abandoned my pursuit in working for an entire organization that will now forever have a black mark on it's name.

See above.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in September 2013.

the hiring process was fairly simple, fill out an online app, including a personality questionnaire and then a quick 15/20 min interview with the manager, typical questions like why would you be a good fit, what is your strongest quality, what areas are you weak in etc.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Went into a Panera to ask for an application, simple enough. A manager is brought out to bring you one. Then I filled it out and brought it to a Panera closer to my house. The hiring manager happened to be on break, so I had a kind of mini-interview then. The manager called me within the next 24 hours to set up an interview, which was rather brief, just a few questions, nothing you can't handle.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest thing I got asked was, "Why do you want to work here?" but I was (and still am) relatively new in the job industry.   Answer Question

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2013.

It was very professional. He was nice and relaxed. He made me feel at ease and introduced me to everyone and made me feel welcomed. Asked me a couple of question. Explained what the uniform was and where I was going to be working at. all in all it was a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2012.

Didnt seem interested in interview, unfocused, drifted off to listen to other employees conversations during interview multiple times. Almost seemed relieved to go back to the office at the conclusion of the interview.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread in November 2010.

I interviewed with the now GM of my Bakery/Cafe. Very friendly and professional. Asked about my leadership ability and how what made me think I would be a good fit for this job. The atmosphere was very relaxed and casual but professional. Dress well in casual business attire as Panera Bread prefers polished and well groomed employees. Be especially friendly and polite as the manager has most likely already had a full busy day and is looking for someone who can fully embody "Panera Warmth" to each guest no matter what position you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how to handle a disgruntled guest with a compliant against me personally or the product I presented.   Answer Question
    I was asked to start training that week and accepted.