Panera Bread Prep and Hourly Associate Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Prep and Hourly Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westfield, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2012.

After I applied online it took a week to hear from Panera. I got a call from the assistant GM and came in for the interiew. She asked alot of basic questions, was very upbeat, and seemed to show interest in my application. She scheduled me to meet up with the GM for the next day. I came in to meet him and was disappointed from the start, he seemed nice enough but was very distracted. He kept looking around him, behind the counter, and all around during the interview. I would have understood if they had been terribly busy or had few people working but there werent many people in line and he had 6 people working. He didn't seem prepared for the interview in any way, when he did ask me a question I would answer and he would seem confused about the information I gave him or he would leaf through my application to look at my info again and again. I'm a bit confused as to why someone would agree to an interview without even looking at the applicants information, or why when we did speak he would not meet my eyes. He finally ended the interview saying he would have the assistant GM call me in a few days to let me know if I had got the job or not. after a week of not hearing from anyone I called and was told by her that they would be going with another person. I was surprised by this as I had experience for the job I had applied for. I sincerely hope Panera re-thinks the way they treat their applicants or they will miss out on some great people.

Interview Questions

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!