Panera Bread

1.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Specialist, Corporate Headquarters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in November 2014.

I applied on the Panera website, but was never initially contacted to interview. I followed up with the recruiter nearly three weeks after applying as I saw the job was still open and I had every single qualification.

I received a call the next day (Friday) but was unable to speak at the time. I was called again first thing on Monday morning, but I couldn't get away from my desk and I e-mailed the recruiter back asking if we could speak that afternoon. When speaking with her, she stated that they were really impressed with my qualifications, and that they were moments from making an offer to someone else, but were afraid I would be out of their hiring range. We discussed a range, and I thought it was low, but appropriate, so I agreed to move forward if they were interested.

I followed up with the recruiter the next day (Tuesday) and she let me know that they would like to interview the following day (Wednesday).

I met with the team, one person at a time. Unfortunately, several of them asked me only one or two small questions and instead talked more about themselves and where they came from before Panera. I wasn't able to discuss my qualifications or experience to showcase my talents.

I believe that I lost the offer based on a few things I had said in the interview that did not reflect well on myself, but the interview was more of a showcase of the department. Only one of the people asked me any real questions, and by then I wasn't ready for it.

Interview Questions
    • As stated above, I wasn't exactly asked many questions and had to try to interject where I could.   Answer Question

Corporate IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Process took over three months and was a complete disorganized mess. The HR person forgot to call me for the phone screen. I met with five people at the office, three of whom did not even know what I was being interviewed for.

They speak a lot about culture and their 'No Jerks' policy. A couple of the people that I interviewed with were the very definition of jerks. The seemed very interested in telling me how they were more important than the other people I interviewed with. It was pretty obvious the politics there are awful. These were director and VP level people that are clearly unqualified for their positions. I was very unimpressed and it was clear a couple of them have never worked in a real IT shop. One of the interviews was via video conference in their Boston office. He spent most of the interview talking about himself.

Since they spoke so much about diversity I asked about women in leadership. There were no women in the 25+ director and VP slots at Panera. This company is run by amateurs.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Started with a brief phone interview, and some details of the job. The interview was held by 5 people. All of whom were very nice and asked good questions. They really seemed to just want to find people that fit in with their culture.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any super power what would it be?   View Answer

Low pay, crazy work hours.

Associate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in July 2010.

Interview with manager it was really easy, you fill in an application online which takes forever to do, they call you in and the process takes about 30 minutes. They generally hire you on the spot and then ask what hours you are available

None

Coordinator, Data Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2009.

The interview process consisted of one phone screen, followed by two on-site interviews. The phone screen lasted aprox. 30 minutes. The first on-site interview was with three individuals, for an hour each, the second I met with two for an hour each. Following the final interview, I was told to expect a decision by a certain date, however, when I did not hear from them I waited a few more days and contacted them. The communication I received was that they were moving forward with other candidates.

The interview process was informal for the most part; the questions were not exactly behavior based. The company representatives talked a lot about the warmth of the culture and the idea that they value respect and honesty. They said they were concerned with finding people who would fit easily into their environment.

The only truly negative experience was the lack of timely communication with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you are in a situation where deadlines and priorities change frequently and rapidly. How would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle working with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question