Panera Bread Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I applies on a Friday afternoon and received a call the following Sunday around noon from my future general manager. I applied for a store that was still under construction, so we held our meeting at a different Panera Bread outside of center city Philadelphia. The interview was casual and painless and took about fifteen minutes. Two weeks later, our store was completed and we started orientation. All hires were new and unacquainted with Panera, so we were given a group orientation titled "Planet Bread". This was our indoctrination into the company, and took several days. We did group activities and learned how to brew coffee, talk to guests, make food, move throughout the dining room, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Rowland Heights, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread (Rowland Heights, CA).

Interview

It was a typical online application with questions mostly pertaining to your availability and where to contact you. Got a phone call in a few days and scheduled for an interview. It was very casual at the Panera located closest to me and the manager and another associate gave the interview at one of the booths. They saw I hadn't much experience prior, but they were nice about it anyway. I did not receive the job, but they did call me back to let me know.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

The interview was easy. Asked very typical questions. Don't stress too much about it. They need you and if you don't have any outstanding problems (drug usage, etc.) you should be fine.

Negotiation

They ask you what you would like to be paid. They start at 7.75 so if you want something higher than that, say so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread (Chesterfield, MO).

Interview

The interview process was incredibly easy; I was in high school, just turned 16, applied and apparently made a good first impression because they didn't ask me much in the interview, just told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• When can you start working?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread (Westminster, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later, I got a call for the first group interview in four days. The group had around 12 people and a hiring manager. She asked very simple/ fun questions such as "What makes you smile?" The group interview was pretty relaxing and laid back. The only bad thing was that it was outside and it was kind of cold. I got a call for a second interview a few days later for the place I would be working at. The manager there was really nice also. She asked if I had the qualities they needed to work there since it was crowded in the noon time. She also worried about my availability since they have a morning and closing shift. At the end of the interview she said she would contact the first manager I had to interview with for a third interview and that she would hope to see me again. :)

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the manager a week later to set up an interview. The day before the interview I received a call saying that they would like to reschedule, so I set a different date. Day of the interview I arrived and sat around for almost ten minutes before someone came to talk to me. Manager asked very easy questions and then set me up with a second interview. Second interview was super easy. The main focus was whether or not I could work well in a group. At the end they said they would call within the next week as they were still holding interviews. Called multiple times over three weeks and was always told they were still interviewing.

Interview Questions

• What's a skill you have that would be useful in this working environment? Strengths and weakness? Do you work well with others?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Was a easy interview testing sales and language skills

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online then got a call 2 weeks later asking to come in for interview for store manager or assistant manager. I did so, they gave me a drink while I waited for 10-15 min because they were busy. An emplyee there asked me how my day was going and told me good luck. The manager say down with me in the open eating area and gave me a basic decription on the job. Interview no longer than 15 minutes and it went well. I got a callback later that day telling me they wanted to schedule a second interview with the DM and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed a project   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

online application, phone call, basic questions: strengths/ will you stay here long?

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Panera Bread (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed at four different locations and each time never got an answer back. I even made it through to the second round but same, they never call you back when they say they will. Waste of my time, managers are disrespectful. Really unprofessional and disappointed about this company and how they treat their applicants.