Panera Bread

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rowland Heights, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – It was a typical online application with questions mostly pertaining to your availability and where to contact you. Got a phone call in a few days and scheduled for an interview. It was very casual at the Panera located closest to me and the manager and another associate gave the interview at one of the booths. They saw I hadn't much experience prior, but they were nice about it anyway. I did not receive the job, but they did call me back to let me know.

Interview Question – Biggest flaw   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – The interview was easy. Asked very typical questions. Don't stress too much about it. They need you and if you don't have any outstanding problems (drug usage, etc.) you should be fine.

Negotiation Details – They ask you what you would like to be paid. They start at 7.75 so if you want something higher than that, say so.

Very Easy Interview

Chesterfield, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – The interview process was incredibly easy; I was in high school, just turned 16, applied and apparently made a good first impression because they didn't ask me much in the interview, just told me I got the job.

Interview Question – When can you start working?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short.

West Lafayette, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2010.

Interview Details – I went in and asked if they were hiring. The manager said yes and asked me to fill out an application online. I did so, and then called to make sure they received it. I was in for an interview within a couple weeks. The first interview went well, and the manager asked me to come back for one more interview. We discussed scheduling and job responsibilities in the first interview and pay in the second interview.

Interview Question – I was not asked a whole lot of questions, but rather had an open dialogue introducing myself, why I wanted the job and was qualified, and how I would be an asset. The manager and I had a great conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted a few days after applying. The interview was simple and since they showed interest I received a second interview the same day. It was a nice atmosphere and the managers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – What subject were you worst at in school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a higher salary than I requested. The managers will go the extra mile for people they like. I didn't need to negotiate because I was praised for my skills and personality.

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from the manager a week later to set up an interview. The day before the interview I received a call saying that they would like to reschedule, so I set a different date. Day of the interview I arrived and sat around for almost ten minutes before someone came to talk to me. Manager asked very easy questions and then set me up with a second interview. Second interview was super easy. The main focus was whether or not I could work well in a group. At the end they said they would call within the next week as they were still holding interviews. Called multiple times over three weeks and was always told they were still interviewing.

Interview Question – What's a skill you have that would be useful in this working environment? Strengths and weakness? Do you work well with others?   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2010.

Interview Details – Ask what is like to be part of a team and how you made contribution to team

Interview Question – The questions were regular and not difficult at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation - you get what you are offered or do not take the job

Westminster, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later, I got a call for the first group interview in four days. The group had around 12 people and a hiring manager. She asked very simple/ fun questions such as "What makes you smile?" The group interview was pretty relaxing and laid back. The only bad thing was that it was outside and it was kind of cold. I got a call for a second interview a few days later for the place I would be working at. The manager there was really nice also. She asked if I had the qualities they needed to work there since it was crowded in the noon time. She also worried about my availability since they have a morning and closing shift. At the end of the interview she said she would contact the first manager I had to interview with for a third interview and that she would hope to see me again. :)

Interview Question – What was your sense of urgency from 1-10?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details – Was a easy interview testing sales and language skills

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online then got a call 2 weeks later asking to come in for interview for store manager or assistant manager. I did so, they gave me a drink while I waited for 10-15 min because they were busy. An emplyee there asked me how my day was going and told me good luck. The manager say down with me in the open eating area and gave me a basic decription on the job. Interview no longer than 15 minutes and it went well. I got a callback later that day telling me they wanted to schedule a second interview with the DM and I accepted.

Interview Question – Name a time when you failed a project   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!