Panera Bread

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2011.

Interview Details – I got hired as an associate, but the interview was fine. Everybody was nice and made me feel comfortable. They basically wanted to make sure that I had people skills, personality, and could answer questions without having to make to much effort. Also they asked about outside activities and what I liked to do on my on time.

Interview Question – I don't think there was a difficult question given. Just be honest with everything.   Answer Question

Erie, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2012.

Interview Details – One interview with the regional manager with good words from my general and district manager.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had a continous problem with an associate?   Answer Question

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2013.

Interview Details – Recently applied online for a new store opening. Was called approximately 3 to 4 days after. I actually applied for several positions but once at the interview was asked about a shift supervisor position. The interview was with a General Manager. He was very friendly and pretty standard interview. I asked to come to another town for a second interview the start of the following week. I then interviewed with another General Manager at a large store. He was also friendly, but distracted. It was also a pretty standard interview. I thought it went well but was not offered anything. He stated that they would let me know one way or another but nothing ever was said. I actually called to check the status several days later and left a message but my phone call was not returned. I also sent a "thank you for interviewing me" letter but no response on it either. It's a shame because I had the qualifications and Panera Bread seems like a great company to work for. I was very disappointed.

Interview Question – What can you offer to this team if we should choose you?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread Shift Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.