Panera Bread Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.3

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very comfortable setting, offered a drink, meet by a very professional manager, easy going, easy to talk to, not to long not to short. Found out a great deal about the job, did not have to ask many questions, understanding and friendly

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

Easy interview process. Told I was cute and that I would look in the front. Quick and friendly interview with a manager. Not an intimidating interview at all.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I had already been working almost 2 years as an associate trainer on both register/line, my manager was looking for me to move up so he arranged a meeting with our district manager. It was very informal, he just chatted with me and asked me questions about myself and my life, then gave me the chance to ask him questions pertaining to the position. By the end of it was I given the position. I understand this may not happen at all locations but Panera does promote from within often and from the district manager visiting our store, he got to know what kind of worker I was. My manager just put in a good word and it went from there. I hear now that shift supervisors may have to have a brief interview/introduction in front of all the gm's at their manager meeting.

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Brookfield, CT) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a very simple process. Fill out an application with the resume online and wait. It took me about two weeks to get an interview call. Once I got the call and set up interview date I had my interview with the assistant manager. He was very down to earth and composed a very good interview. A little intimidating at first but no worries. After getting through that interview I had my second interview with the general manager which didn't seem like much of an interview. It was very relaxed and seemed more like meeting for a cup of coffee.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Panera?   1 Answer
    • What are your core values?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Williamsburg, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Sent my Resume to the district Manager received an a initial integer view which went well, I was offered the position but declined it because they dragged out the paper work.

Interview Questions

They dragged out the paper work process and the training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Online personality test. If you have half a brain you should pass easily. then you go in for an interview

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for Panera Bread. that was hard because I didnt   1 Answer

I was asked to be a manager but they work 50 hours a week with only a 30 to 35,000 salary and I was getting my masters degree so I left instead.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2013.

Interview

We utilize our online hiring tools to find potential candidates. Once found, we give them a call inquiring if they would like to schedule an interview. During the interview, a set of questions is given to the potential candidate. If there are any second thoughts about the candidate, we schedule a second interview with another manager. If not, candidate is usually scheduled for orientation. If second manager finds the candidate sound, then we put him through orientation and get his paperwork filled out and set a training schedule.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with this pay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave my honest reason why I deserved a higher wage since I worked hard and earned my wage at my previous job and the manager thought that was fair.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Roseville, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

Got a call for an interview on a Sunday which shocked me because that's not a business day. I took the interview way too seriously, I don't think you need to try hard to work there. They ask extremely easy questions, including the last question being what is your favorite food! I was told I would be called within a week and I was. I was offered the job over the phone and I was told when orientation was.

Interview Questions

• Do you think good customer service can make up for a bad meal?   2 Answers
    • What is your favorite food?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask how much you will be making! You shouldn't have to ask this, when they offer you the job they should tell you, but no one ever told me. Seriously, no one could even tell me. I had to wait until I got my first paycheck to know how much I was making an hour. That's bad business practices.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2011.

Interview

Interview took place one on one with multi-unit manager in-store and was not intimidating, but felt like just getting to know one another. Second interview took place with GM of potential location and was also one-on-one. Generally a good experience compared to board room and panel interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Over the phone, very casual.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panera Bread (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I had applied on line through the panera website, once i got called for an interview with district manager i met her for a 45 min chat. district manager had me meet with the head of hr for another follow up interview. Once hired i attended a 4 hour class and trained in a cafe for 2 months before moving on to my home cafe. hiring process was rather quick and painless