Panera Bread

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview took place one on one with multi-unit manager in-store and was not intimidating, but felt like just getting to know one another. Second interview took place with GM of potential location and was also one-on-one. Generally a good experience compared to board room and panel interviews.

Interview Question – What is your favorite food?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Over the phone, very casual.

Shift Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2013.

Interview Details – We utilize our online hiring tools to find potential candidates.
Once found, we give them a call inquiring if they would like to schedule an interview.
During the interview, a set of questions is given to the potential candidate.
If there are any second thoughts about the candidate, we schedule a second interview with another manager. If not, candidate is usually scheduled for orientation.
If second manager finds the candidate sound, then we put him through orientation and get his paperwork filled out and set a training schedule.

Interview Question – Are you okay with this pay?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave my honest reason why I deserved a higher wage since I worked hard and earned my wage at my previous job and the manager thought that was fair.

Niagara Falls, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring- Sat down with district manager and store gm. Gms sign 5 year contracts so there is very limited movement upward.

Interview Question – What are the sales of your current company. If you don't have access to that information then you wont have an answer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough money

Shift Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2009.

Interview Details – I started out as a retail associate that was later on promoted to shift supervisor. My interview process was basically receiving a phone call informing me to go in for an interview. I sat and spoke to the hiring manager, no questions really except for why I quit my last job and my availability. He talked about the company and culture.

Interview Question – Not many questions were asked, all we basic simple questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details – Online personality test. If you have half a brain you should pass easily. then you go in for an interview

Interview Question – Why I want to work for Panera Bread. that was hard because I didnt   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was asked to be a manager but they work 50 hours a week with only a 30 to 35,000 salary and I was getting my masters degree so I left instead.

Very Easy Interview

Roseville, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call for an interview on a Sunday which shocked me because that's not a business day. I took the interview way too seriously, I don't think you need to try hard to work there. They ask extremely easy questions, including the last question being what is your favorite food! I was told I would be called within a week and I was. I was offered the job over the phone and I was told when orientation was.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Ask how much you will be making! You shouldn't have to ask this, when they offer you the job they should tell you, but no one ever told me. Seriously, no one could even tell me. I had to wait until I got my first paycheck to know how much I was making an hour. That's bad business practices.

Shift Supervisor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2010.

Interview Details – everyone was very nice. they did very well to sell the company. they were very misleading about the work hours you actually work.

Interview Question – what would you do to improve communitie ties as an employee   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – that was ok. i think the give you an offer based on how well you interviwed

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread Shift Supervisor interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.