Panera Bread Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.2

Shift Supervisor Interview

Easy interview process. Told I was cute and that I would look in the front. Quick and friendly interview with a manager. Not an intimidating interview at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Panera Bread in May 2014.

Sent my Resume to the district Manager received an a initial integer view which went well, I was offered the position but declined it because they dragged out the paper work.

Interview Questions

They dragged out the paper work process and the training.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Online personality test. If you have half a brain you should pass easily. then you go in for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Why I want to work for Panera Bread. that was hard because I didnt   View Answer

I was asked to be a manager but they work 50 hours a week with only a 30 to 35,000 salary and I was getting my masters degree so I left instead.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in January 2013.

We utilize our online hiring tools to find potential candidates.
    Once found, we give them a call inquiring if they would like to schedule an interview.
    During the interview, a set of questions is given to the potential candidate.
    If there are any second thoughts about the candidate, we schedule a second interview with another manager. If not, candidate is usually scheduled for orientation.
    If second manager finds the candidate sound, then we put him through orientation and get his paperwork filled out and set a training schedule.

Interview Questions
    I gave my honest reason why I deserved a higher wage since I worked hard and earned my wage at my previous job and the manager thought that was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2012.

Got a call for an interview on a Sunday which shocked me because that's not a business day. I took the interview way too seriously, I don't think you need to try hard to work there. They ask extremely easy questions, including the last question being what is your favorite food! I was told I would be called within a week and I was. I was offered the job over the phone and I was told when orientation was.

Interview Questions
    Ask how much you will be making! You shouldn't have to ask this, when they offer you the job they should tell you, but no one ever told me. Seriously, no one could even tell me. I had to wait until I got my first paycheck to know how much I was making an hour. That's bad business practices.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in October 2011.

Interview took place one on one with multi-unit manager in-store and was not intimidating, but felt like just getting to know one another. Second interview took place with GM of potential location and was also one-on-one. Generally a good experience compared to board room and panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    Over the phone, very casual.

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in June 2009.

Hiring- Sat down with district manager and store gm. Gms sign 5 year contracts so there is very limited movement upward.

Interview Questions
    • What are the sales of your current company. If you don't have access to that information then you wont have an answer   Answer Question

Not enough money

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2009.

I started out as a retail associate that was later on promoted to shift supervisor. My interview process was basically receiving a phone call informing me to go in for an interview. I sat and spoke to the hiring manager, no questions really except for why I quit my last job and my availability. He talked about the company and culture.

Interview Questions
    • Not many questions were asked, all we basic simple questions.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in August 2010.

everyone was very nice. they did very well to sell the company. they were very misleading about the work hours you actually work.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do to improve communitie ties as an employee   Answer Question
    that was ok. i think the give you an offer based on how well you interviwed