Panera Bread

Very Easy Interview

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview about 2 days ago and I went today for my first interview. I arrived about 5 minutes early and politely told the cashier I was coming in for a job interview. They found a manger who told them to tell me to find a seat, I found a seat and finally the manager came over to talk to me about 10 minutes after the time I was scheduled to interview. The only questions I was asked was "what are the duties at your current job? and why do you want to work at Panera? After that the manager told me that they do not hire shift supervisors which is the position that I applied for; instead you work as a regular associate and that after 6 months there is potiental for a review. Then we discussed my expected pay rate; he told me that they probably couldn't pay as well as my current job and the schedule for getting raises was a joke. I was disappionted because I felt that my time was wasted, They knew what position and at what rate I was applying for and could have discussed with me over the phone the what they had to offer. The interviewer seemed disinterested although he seemed to understand why I would be disappionted. It was not what I was expecting at all ( I was very over prepared). No professionalism and no consideration for other peoples time.

Interview Question – I was expecting more questions. I was only asked two simple questions that tell a person very little; "what are the duties at your current job? and why do you want to work at Panera?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was asked if I could come a week later for a second interview but I declined as the pay was very low for someone with my experience and I felt as though they were not putting in an effort to find quality employees. It shows too...The dining area was filthy, napkins all over the floor dirty dishes left on empty tables, overflowing trash. It did not match with my standards and previous experiences with panera bread.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!