Pantronix

Very Difficult Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Fremont, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Pantronix in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for this position from an ad on Craigslist. Got a call from an Chines lady named Katherine. They were to cheap to give you a job application to fill out when you come in. So, they emailed me of the attachment for the job application and requested I print it and fill it out and bring it with me to the interview.

Meeting Katherine was ok, she interviewed me in a conference looking room, for about 5 minutes left and before she left, she asked me is your hourly expected rated on the application negotiable. My expected rate was so low, I couldn't imagine going lower, but stupid me I said yes, it's negotiable. After she left came in a thin lady it was ok, but I can tell she tries to push me down for the job, with the question, "of what is your weakness" then gave a big smile as if it was tough for me. But it wasn't.

After She left, came a rough looking scrawny Chinese guy which is the president(Stanley Wang) He kept on saying my answers to his questions are not rational. WHAT!? is this guy nuts. I am not lying.
And he said if you didn't like your old job making so much money, why did you leave? I was doing face to face sales and I didn't like it.

I didn't come here to be investigated why I left my previous job. Let's talk about what I can do for your company. To be honest, I feel this company wants someone to work for them for free. I have heard of the Admin position being minimum wage, that's what he was angry about, my expected hourly rate.

He then walked me out very rude and with disrespect. Thank God, they didn't hire me.

Interview Question – Your answer is irrational why you left your last sales job.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Minimum Wage

Process Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Pantronix.

Interview Details – Really strange interview process. I was sat in a room and had 5 different people come in separately and ask me essentially the same cliche interview questions 5 times. Things like you biggest strength and weakness. At the end the president of the company came in and basically just gave a lecture.

Interview Question – One person actually asked technical questions which included how to set up an inverting op amp with a gain of 2, and whether current or voltage leads in an inductor.   Answer Question

General Office/Administrative Interview

General Office/Administrative
Fremont, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Pantronix in August 2013.

Interview Details – UNPROFESSIONAL!! I was "interviewed" first by a woman that seemed unprepared. Our interview was 10 minutes. Then she left the room for 15 minutes to "find someone else who can interview" me. The CEO came in without introduction and starting lecturing me on why I should go back to my previous job!! And the reason is because I knew people at my previous job and did not know anyone at Pantronix. Don't waste your time.

Interview Question – " Why don't you go back to your previous job? You know people there."   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Pantronix.

Interview Details – No interview schedule was provided. The person who interviewed me did not introduce himself and neither did the lady who brought me in to the conference room. Other employees were too busy to interview me and they did not show up at all. Not the place you would like to work unless you are desperate for a job!

Buying Assistant Interview

Buying Assistant
Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pantronix in January 2013.

Interview Details – I met with one Asian lady. The interview lasts about 30 minute. All the questions were focused on my work experience relevant to the job requirement, like price negotiation over phone, excel skills and etc. The interview went fine, but I felt like the interviewer was very sensitive about the expected salary you wrote on your application form. Make sure write your minimum wage level you can accept if you really want the job. In this economy, manufacturing was hit hard the most.

Interview Question – Without relevant experience in this field, how could you decide your expected salary at this price? (probably I set it too high)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pantronix.

Interview Details – The interview was parallel with an interrogation from an egotistical tyrant. Instead of asking questions with any relevancy to your work experience or background, you are subject to a 30 minute plus rant about the company president's negative view of the state of the US economy. Opinions you express are quickly shot down with derision and scorn. The condescending manner in which the president lectures the candidates is entirely unprofessional and borderline verbal abuse.

Interview Question – How would you fix the current state of the US economy?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Administration
Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pantronix.

Interview Details – Illiterate interviewers with broken english will probably be your interrogators. I can understand that for a smaller scale company they are competing for the best talent out there, but treating your applicants like they are incapable and undereducated at the first step of the interview process is purely unprofessional. They ask you to list your strengths and weaknesses but before you even boast your strengths they completely annihilate you and debate as to why the strength you have listed is invalid for the position simply because a person without a degree can exhibit your strength better than you. Stagnant old-fashioned company with an egotistic employee base and even bigger headed founder.

Interview Question – List your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pantronix.

Interview Details – This is by far the worst interview experience I've ever had. At the start of the interview process, you are put into a room and wait for 30 mins before anyone enters to interview you. There is no introduction, you immediate get interrogated about why they should hire you. Once one interrogator is done with you, you wait for another 30 mins before another interrogator comes in for the same process. Occassionally, you get someone that is more personable and you are able to find out some information about the position and company. The interview process lasted about 4 to 5 hours with no lunch break (10am to 3/4pm). The worst was the president of the company, he would constantly put you down and let you know that your skills are not good enough for the position and when you mentioned that you are willing to learn anything new, he dares to tell you that if you are there to learn then you should pay them a tuition to work there. If I get paid 200K to work for them, I still would not work for this company.

Interview Question – Questions being asked about your reason for not having a job currently.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Terriable interview experience and for sure it will be a mistake if accepted. Also got a better job.

Worked for Pantronix? Contribute to the Community!