Pantronix

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.9

General Administration Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pantronix.

I applied through Craigslist and was contacted a couple weeks later to come in for an interview. I interviewed with 4 people, another admin, HR manager, an operations manager and the CEO. Everyone was courteous, except for the CEO. He was very derogatory, mean and a "know it all" who took pleasure in making you feel worthless and inadequate. All the other negative comments posted on this site are true! No one is exaggerating! The CEO told me that none of the experience I had was worth anything to him because I had a different background. Although I tried to explain to him that administrative duties are basically the same in all areas, he would not hear it. He rather just hear himself rant and rave about how he knew best. The environment of the company was very old 80's, nothing had been replaced - old carpet, old sofa, outdated tables and chairs the in lobby. Pay is minimum. I would not recommend applying here to anyone - even if you are in dire need of a job!

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pantronix.

The interview process was very interesting and great in general. I was interviewed by 7 people in the span of 2 days, total of about four hours. (I was starving half way through the first interview)
    The people were very knowledgeable and experienced. They asked very general interview questions and only one technical question.
    The CEO was interesting in that he said that all my answers are irrational and wrong. But the way he twisted my answers was similar to comparing an apple to an orange, instead of a fuji apple and a gala apple. I guess he was trying to teach me about his wisdom and experiences, which was great! but a life lesson and a lecture is not what I expected during an interview.

I was offered the job a week after the process and was constantly reminded how I should be paying them instead since they will be teaching me a lot. This constant reminder was off putting and gives the company such a bad image in my head, maybe its a reasoning to justify the low salary. What was more interesting is that they wanted an answer IMMEDIATELY! I told them that I needed at least a day to gather all my options to make a decision, as I was waiting for other jobs I have applied to. They noted that as an engineer working for them, I needed to be decisive on the spot, but how could I if I don't have all the information? Big no-no in my book. You should not go with solution A if you are unaware of what solution B and C are.

So they rescinded their offer... and said they will call me if they made a mistake.
    That was the final straw for me. I would not accept the job even if they offered it to me again.
    I am not that desperate to accept such a job.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between hydraulic and pneumatic, and why one is better than the other?   Answer Question

Pay is very low, constantly reminded how I needed to pay them, Wanted an answer immediately, Rescinded their offer when I said I needed time.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pantronix.

Really strange interview process. I was sat in a room and had 5 different people come in separately and ask me essentially the same cliche interview questions 5 times. Things like you biggest strength and weakness. At the end the president of the company came in and basically just gave a lecture.

Interview Questions
    • One person actually asked technical questions which included how to set up an inverting op amp with a gain of 2, and whether current or voltage leads in an inductor.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Pantronix in February 2014.

I applied for this position from an ad on Craigslist. Got a call from an Chines lady named Katherine. They were to cheap to give you a job application to fill out when you come in. So, they emailed me of the attachment for the job application and requested I print it and fill it out and bring it with me to the interview.

Meeting Katherine was ok, she interviewed me in a conference looking room, for about 5 minutes left and before she left, she asked me is your hourly expected rated on the application negotiable. My expected rate was so low, I couldn't imagine going lower, but stupid me I said yes, it's negotiable. After she left came in a thin lady it was ok, but I can tell she tries to push me down for the job, with the question, "of what is your weakness" then gave a big smile as if it was tough for me. But it wasn't.

After She left, came a rough looking scrawny Chinese guy which is the president(Stanley Wang) He kept on saying my answers to his questions are not rational. WHAT!? is this guy nuts. I am not lying.
    And he said if you didn't like your old job making so much money, why did you leave? I was doing face to face sales and I didn't like it.

I didn't come here to be investigated why I left my previous job. Let's talk about what I can do for your company. To be honest, I feel this company wants someone to work for them for free. I have heard of the Admin position being minimum wage, that's what he was angry about, my expected hourly rate.

He then walked me out very rude and with disrespect. Thank God, they didn't hire me.

Interview Questions
    • Your answer is irrational why you left your last sales job.   View Answer

Minimum Wage

General Office/Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Pantronix in August 2013.

UNPROFESSIONAL!! I was "interviewed" first by a woman that seemed unprepared. Our interview was 10 minutes. Then she left the room for 15 minutes to "find someone else who can interview" me. The CEO came in without introduction and starting lecturing me on why I should go back to my previous job!! And the reason is because I knew people at my previous job and did not know anyone at Pantronix. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions
    • " Why don't you go back to your previous job? You know people there."   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pantronix.

No interview schedule was provided. The person who interviewed me did not introduce himself and neither did the lady who brought me in to the conference room. Other employees were too busy to interview me and they did not show up at all. Not the place you would like to work unless you are desperate for a job!

Buying Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pantronix in January 2013.

I met with one Asian lady. The interview lasts about 30 minute. All the questions were focused on my work experience relevant to the job requirement, like price negotiation over phone, excel skills and etc. The interview went fine, but I felt like the interviewer was very sensitive about the expected salary you wrote on your application form. Make sure write your minimum wage level you can accept if you really want the job. In this economy, manufacturing was hit hard the most.

Interview Questions
    • Without relevant experience in this field, how could you decide your expected salary at this price? (probably I set it too high)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pantronix.

The interview was parallel with an interrogation from an egotistical tyrant. Instead of asking questions with any relevancy to your work experience or background, you are subject to a 30 minute plus rant about the company president's negative view of the state of the US economy. Opinions you express are quickly shot down with derision and scorn. The condescending manner in which the president lectures the candidates is entirely unprofessional and borderline verbal abuse.

Interview Questions
    • How would you fix the current state of the US economy?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pantronix.

Illiterate interviewers with broken english will probably be your interrogators. I can understand that for a smaller scale company they are competing for the best talent out there, but treating your applicants like they are incapable and undereducated at the first step of the interview process is purely unprofessional. They ask you to list your strengths and weaknesses but before you even boast your strengths they completely annihilate you and debate as to why the strength you have listed is invalid for the position simply because a person without a degree can exhibit your strength better than you. Stagnant old-fashioned company with an egotistic employee base and even bigger headed founder.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pantronix.

This is by far the worst interview experience I've ever had. At the start of the interview process, you are put into a room and wait for 30 mins before anyone enters to interview you. There is no introduction, you immediate get interrogated about why they should hire you. Once one interrogator is done with you, you wait for another 30 mins before another interrogator comes in for the same process. Occassionally, you get someone that is more personable and you are able to find out some information about the position and company. The interview process lasted about 4 to 5 hours with no lunch break (10am to 3/4pm). The worst was the president of the company, he would constantly put you down and let you know that your skills are not good enough for the position and when you mentioned that you are willing to learn anything new, he dares to tell you that if you are there to learn then you should pay them a tuition to work there. If I get paid 200K to work for them, I still would not work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions being asked about your reason for not having a job currently.   View Answer

Terriable interview experience and for sure it will be a mistake if accepted. Also got a better job.