Panum Group The

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panum Group The in November 2013.

Interview Details – The position was with a federal contractor at the USDA in Alexandria, VA. Phone screen was informal and seemed positive. However, meeting for a face-to-face interview was disappointing. I met with the on site supervisor and the program manager in the building restaurant (Perfect Pita) with music blaring and customers wandering around for lunch. The on site supervisor was on his cell phone the entire time, not contributing to the interview. I honestly don't understand why he was there, other than to see what I looked like. The program manager grilled me non-stop about irrelevant/ commensensical things. He seemed suspicious of everything, even insulted my resume and university degrees. I don't know what happened previously with this group, but something obviously did. He was extremely paranoid and worried to bring someone into this position. He talked non-stop and would then say that the proof is in the pudding, insinuating they have no problem firing people if they don't know something. The program manager never gave true specifics about the daily tasks a person would need to do. When I would begin to ask about that, he repeatedly cut me off and went off on a tangent into left field. He seemed unable to explain anything in a clear manner. He certainly liked to mention over and over again how they got rid of people, the customer got rid of people, the position is high visibility, and how if everything isn't extremely perfect it makes the company look bad. The entire situation was unsettling.

Benefits:
Horrible benefits for someone already in the workforce for a number of years; 2 weeks paid vacation. 401k fully vested at the beginning.

I was also told there was no reimbursement of cell phone monies paid while using them for work. You were expected to use your personal cell phone for work and personal use to your own expense. I was told the parking garage cost $4.00 and was expecting someone to validate my ticket, which never happened. The parking garage cost me $8.00, not $4.00. I was also told there was no reimbursement for the parking garage, which they said cost $90.00 per month, which I'm sure was actually higher than the amount I was quoted.

Interview Question – How familiar are you with MS Word from a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being an expert.?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Panum Group The? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panum Group The interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Panum Group The employees and interview candidates.