Papa John's

Getting the Interview

73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grover Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Papa John's.

Interview Details – Very easy. I knew someone that already worked there and was able to get me a job as long as I just filled out an application.

Management Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Papa John's in May 2012.

Interview Details – Our interview is very much a CBI "Competency Based Interview" so if you are unprepared you will not do so well. They will also want plans on how you would fix a failing store.

Interview Question – I was asked how I could improve a $26,000/wk store and have it making more money in six weeks.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No much, corp will only start out their salary management at one rate. At least in my market that is.

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader
Berwyn, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Papa John's in April 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out a paper application and was asked if I had ever lead a team before. They pretty much just wanted to make sure I understood how to operate all aspects of the store. They trained me for a few days and I was good to go.

Interview Question – Would you be OK with minimum wage?   View Answer

Corporate Office Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at Papa John's in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR rep via telephone and was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. Interview went all right, with one notable exception: the interviewer described one of my current job responsibilities in a negative and biased way. When I didn't agree with him and explained why not, he became angry. Not overtly so, but he turned red and was tight-lipped, obviously put out that I would not agree with him.

After that interview, the HR rep called and left a message for me to return the call. Upon my returning the call, she let me know that they had decided to pursue another candidate. It is unusual to have HR follow up at all, much less with a phone call when they are not interested. However, please don't make me call you back for a rejection. Leave a message, or send an email.

Two months after that, I received an email letting me know that the company had narrowed their search, and I wasn't on the list. I had successfully put that unfortunate interview out of my mind, but was unpleasantly reminded of it with this long overdue email.

Interview Question – Criticism of how my current company handles a particular situation, with a "Don't you agree?" added at the end.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Papa John's

Interview Details – The process was easy, after they called I interviewed in the store. it took about twenty minutes, very unprofessional. Pay offered was ok.

Longview, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Papa John's in April 2009.

Interview Details – Informal interview. More of a get to know you session.

Interview Question – What hours can you work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary. Paperwork takes forever.

Insider Interview

Insider

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Papa John's.

Interview Details – Received the interview because a had a friend who also worked there. Interview was brief and relatively informal.

Interview Question – The focus of the interview was my previous food service experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Papa John's

Interview Details – Sat down with the manager and asked about previous work experience. Great interview and reflective of how even though they are a large company they empower each manager with the hiring decisions.

Interview Question – Would I be willing to work until 2 AM or later.   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Papa John's.

Interview Details – they will call and set up a time. dress nice. be confident. they will ask your job history they will ask about gaps in employment. just tell them you were doing side work. if they are hiring they will most likely interview you once then call you back.

Interview Question – asked me why I applied.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – small talk

Insider Interview

Insider

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Papa John's.

Interview Details – I saw an ad on craigslist and applied online. I got a call the next day to come in and talk to the general manager. I came in, the manager called me back and said basically I updated you in the system as hired. We are in a hiring crunch right now. He started a background check f, then called me a few days later to schedule orientation.

Interview Question – Can you stay a little later than what you put on you application.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – 11 hours a week wouldnt pay any of my bills.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Papa John's