Papa John's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Papa John's in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Took about 3wks for them to call about an interview. I never worked for fast food which is totally okay with them because you're getting trained anyways.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Friendly environment.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Papa John's.

Interview

Show up!!, put an application in person, you will get have a better chance of getting the job. They run a background check & your DMV record so make sure these areas are clean. You will probably meet with a General Manager for an interview after they go over your application and ask you basic information about your availability....They are pretty good about giving you a chance to prove yourself if you have limited work experience.

Cook Interview

Interview

It was a good experience everyone is nice and helpful and really cool to be around, everyone helped me become who I am today and it was really nice I can't describe how special it was.

Interview Questions

Interview

I turned in a paper application, the hiring process has since turned web based. After a few days I received a call for an interview. The store's manager asked me normal questions. They gave me 2 weeks to end things with my old job amicably.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes a good delivery driver?   1 Answer

Pizza Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Papa John's (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I spontaneously walked into the store after driving by a sign in the front of the parking lot saying one could make $11-$15/hour cash as a delivery driver, and that they were now hiring. I inquired about the positions to the woman (a supervisor) behind the cash register. She told me the store had run out of application forms, but I could just write my name and phone number on a piece of paper, which she gave me. Somewhat to my surprise, she right away called the manager to the front, and he greeted me and asked me a few very practical questions like when could I start, did I own a vehicle in good working condition, was my car insured, did I have a valid driver's license, and did I have any driving citations on my record. I answered all these to his satisfaction, and he said he would get back to me soon. Five days later, he called me and offered me 25 hours a week, asking me when I could come in to fill out some computerized forms and start work. He said I could do so that day if I liked. I was on another job that day, so I told him I could come in the following day; we agreed on 3 p.m.. So the next day I sat at the manager's desk and filled out most of the forms myself on his computer. The forms essentially asked the same types of questions the manager had asked me earlier, as well as some basic personal information questions like contact data and social security number, as well as about my legal status and criminal background. At no time was I asked to provide any information about my employment history or references, much less educational background, why I left my previous job, why I wanted this job, what relevant experience I had, or any personal traits that would enable me to do this job well (beyond having a clean record). After I finished filling out the forms, the manager told me that all the information I'd provided about my records would go through a central system in a few days to be checked and cleared, but meanwhile, I could start work, which I did then and there. Another recent hire told me yesterday that he didn't yet have an official driver's license, though, so I'm skeptical that the background checks are even done. My sense is that the store was (and often is) just really anxious to beef up its staff, so the finer details of background and qualifications are just not something they wanted, or could afford, to explore. I think they realize that because of the nature of the work, their employees come and go all the time and that it's unrealistic to expect "dream" candidates. Warm, basically capable bodies are closer to what they want and need. This was just fine with me-- especially at that time, because I had been out of work for awhile and needed something right away. I had also gotten really tired by that point of the involved application processes I'd been through with other companies. It was extremely refreshing to have a quick, no-nonsense hiring process!

Interview Questions

• I was actually surprised and delighted that there were no difficult or unexpected questions at all. In fact, if anything, I was impressed by how many questions they didn't ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Papa John's offers the same rate to all their drivers, so there is no option for negotiation. To elaborate on their payment system, they pay $3/hour for delivery time and $7.25/hour for store time (between deliveries), plus a $1.26 commission per delivery to defray gas and car maintenance costs--plus tips. The majority of drivers' incomes comes from tips. Putting together all these revenues, I have calculated that my earnings do indeed fall in the low range of their advertised $11-$15 range. More experienced drivers are given multiple deliveries at a time and so are able to earn in the higher range. One driver who has been there about three years told me that on a good day he can bring in as much as $20/hour. It also helps to have as much of one's schedule fall during peak business hours, which are about 4:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m., give or take, every day. Their busiest night is Friday, but to prepare for this, they often have so many employees scheduled on this night that each individual driver can wind up being not much busier than any other night. So I would say that any day during the hours above is the best time to be scheduled for delivery work.

In Store Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Papa John's (Greenville, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, a week later I was called for an interview. Went in they asked a few basic questions like why do I think I would be a good attribute to the company ect. Got a call a week later and I was hired.

Insider Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Papa John's.

Interview

I came in to the office (a small room closed off from the store with a one-way mirror) and he asked a few questions. Very casual and it didn't seem very well planned. I got the job that day as they were in need of workers.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage. Work your way up to around 20 hours a week.

Insider Interview

Interview

Very simple hiring process for the branch I applied to. Had to fill out application ( only took a few mins) and talked with the general manager after returning it the next day. Hired due to short staffing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Papa John's.

Interview

Was straight forward. Need license and insurance. Applied online. Got a call back, interviewed on site. Got a call back and was offered the job. I started less than a week after applying.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indian Trail, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Papa John's (Indian Trail, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I walked into the interview, and was greeted by a quiet girl with whom I had gone from high school. She asked the basic questions. ("Why do you want to work here?" "Do you have any experience?" "Are you a licensed driver?") The interview could not have been more than a half hour, and I was hired on the spot.

Negotiation

Minimum wage plus tips and mileage. Non-negotiable.