Papa John's

Updated Dec 22, 2014
Updated Dec 22, 2014

1.4

Insider Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Papa John's.

Received the interview because a had a friend who also worked there. Interview was brief and relatively informal.

Interview Questions
    • The focus of the interview was my previous food service experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Sat down with the manager and asked about previous work experience. Great interview and reflective of how even though they are a large company they empower each manager with the hiring decisions.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be willing to work until 2 AM or later.   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Papa John's.

they will call and set up a time. dress nice. be confident. they will ask your job history they will ask about gaps in employment. just tell them you were doing side work. if they are hiring they will most likely interview you once then call you back.

small talk

Insider Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Papa John's.

I saw an ad on craigslist and applied online. I got a call the next day to come in and talk to the general manager. I came in, the manager called me back and said basically I updated you in the system as hired. We are in a hiring crunch right now. He started a background check f, then called me a few days later to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Can you stay a little later than what you put on you application.   View Answer

11 hours a week wouldnt pay any of my bills.

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online – interviewed at Papa John's in April 2013.

Interviewed with HR rep via telephone and was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. Interview went all right, with one notable exception: the interviewer described one of my current job responsibilities in a negative and biased way. When I didn't agree with him and explained why not, he became angry. Not overtly so, but he turned red and was tight-lipped, obviously put out that I would not agree with him.

After that interview, the HR rep called and left a message for me to return the call. Upon my returning the call, she let me know that they had decided to pursue another candidate. It is unusual to have HR follow up at all, much less with a phone call when they are not interested. However, please don't make me call you back for a rejection. Leave a message, or send an email.

Two months after that, I received an email letting me know that the company had narrowed their search, and I wasn't on the list. I had successfully put that unfortunate interview out of my mind, but was unpleasantly reminded of it with this long overdue email.

Interview Questions
    • Criticism of how my current company handles a particular situation, with a "Don't you agree?" added at the end.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Papa John's in April 2013.

Turned in application ahead of time and then waited a week and called the store to see if the general manager/manager has reviewed my application with my resume. The manager actually was just reviewing it and said he was going to call me that day and scheduled an interview as soon as possible. Going through the process of the interview questions, he was very nice and understanding. Everything seemed to be in it's place and everyone was nice in the workplace. Got a paper saying what to wear to the next interview/orientation. Went through the orientation and filled out all the paper work for the hiring process and then got my hat, shirt and apron at the end (they ask you your size and what kind of hat you'd like).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Papa John's in April 2013.

Applied via online, called 2 weeks later for an interview, interview by GM, he asked questions about my resume and why I wanted to work there, REALLY EASY

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Papa John's in March 2013.

Very rude and asked many questions that aren't fit for a work environment. He wouldn't even shake my hand and he is very unprofessional. I wouldnt reccommend this to anybody if you are ethnic.

Interview Questions
    • Do you live in the ghetto and many other questions that didnt pertain to the skill needed to complete the job,   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Papa John's in March 2013.

I put in an application, got a call a week later, came in for a very basic interview, then was told to come in for work the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Papa John's in February 2013.

Went in to apply already knowing I had the job (they needed drivers and a friend who worked there gave me a good reference), had the interview on the spot and the manager told me to come in the next day to start.