Papaya Clothing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

1.8

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Papaya Clothing (Douglasville, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called in to interview a week after I applied with Papya. There was only 1 interview, but it was with two managers. The interview was more like a conversation, which eased the tension.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just be yourself, and what I mean by that is show off your great personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Papaya Clothing (Lakewood, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely easy it almost surprised me, the manager interviewed me right next to the register and only asked me why I wanted to work there. And basically just looked over my resume, she did most of the talking and at the end said I was hired and she would call me next week to give me my schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just go in there confident and not nervous!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Papaya Clothing.

Interview

They has a hiring sign by the registers, I asked about it and they gave me an application. I got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The interview was given to me by one of the supervisors. They called me the next day to say that i was hired and scheduled my first day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fashion? What do you know about this company? Who are our competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Papaya Clothing (Hanover, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

There was none. She just said I was hired. I could have been a criminal. Very bad for business. You dont know what kind of person someone is. No background check or anything.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Papaya Clothing (Arlington, TX).

Interview

Got the job on the spot. I called asking if they were hiring and they were, manager asked about my availability and told her, was hired the same day. Told to come in a few days later for my first day.

Sale Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Papaya Clothing (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I arrived on time at the store. However, I had to remind them that they had an interview with me that day and help them look through pile of applications for my application (don't be surprised). Although I had to wait for the manager but she was SUPER NICE & OPEN 1) Tell us about yourself 2) What's your strength and weakness? 3) What motivated you? 4) What's your goal for the next 5 and 10 years? 5) Previous job experience 6) Why did you choose Papaya? 7) What is your most successful achievement, in your opinion? 8) How would a non-family member describe you? .... (And some of the common questions)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Papaya Clothing.

Interview

I recived a call, when in and hired a couple of days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Papaya Clothing in April 2014.

Interview

I got a call for an interview on the weekend. I went in 20 minutes early just in case the manager asked me to pick out an outfit. Once it was time for my interview, it took an extra 15 minutes to begin because the manager had problems working the printer. After that she finally conducted the interview. She seemed genuinely surprised that I had no retail experience(though I've had other jobs) making it pretty obvious she didn't bother to look at my application/resume beforehand and called me because I applied. One thing things that surprised me was that her English wasn't very good and she had an accent. Though it didn't bother me since where I live there's a lot of people who's first language isn't English so you get use to it. We spent the next 20 minutes basically just talking about availability and a little bit about college, my current job, and my strengths. At the end she told me she couldn't ask me any more questions because I didn't have any retail experience and asked it I had any questions. She also told me she felt the interview went bad, not because of me, but because she couldn't speak English well. After I said goodbye she said she would call me by Monday if I got the job. It's now Monday and I'm currently waiting for a call, but I'm a bit doubtful since the interview was a bit unorganized and short.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Papaya Clothing (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I turned in my application and the next day I got a call for an interview. I came in 30 minutes early and the manager let us start the interview at that time. She took me to the back and asked me about my self, why did I want to work there?, and so on. She finished up by telling me about the dress code and hours of the store.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Question: What do I like to do in my free time? All the question were easy.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Papaya Clothing.

Interview

Very easy. Asked my for my previous experience, what success means to me, goals, what motivates me, who inspires me, strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you think you were successful in life.   Answer Question

Minimum wage was too low in that city.