Papaya Clothing Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

1.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Papaya Clothing.

I recived a call, when in and hired a couple of days later.

Other Interview Reviews for Papaya Clothing

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Papaya Clothing in April 2014.

I got a call for an interview on the weekend. I went in 20 minutes early just in case the manager asked me to pick out an outfit. Once it was time for my interview, it took an extra 15 minutes to begin because the manager had problems working the printer. After that she finally conducted the interview.

She seemed genuinely surprised that I had no retail experience(though I've had other jobs) making it pretty obvious she didn't bother to look at my application/resume beforehand and called me because I applied. One thing things that surprised me was that her English wasn't very good and she had an accent. Though it didn't bother me since where I live there's a lot of people who's first language isn't English so you get use to it.

We spent the next 20 minutes basically just talking about availability and a little bit about college, my current job, and my strengths. At the end she told me she couldn't ask me any more questions because I didn't have any retail experience and asked it I had any questions. She also told me she felt the interview went bad, not because of me, but because she couldn't speak English well. After I said goodbye she said she would call me by Monday if I got the job.

It's now Monday and I'm currently waiting for a call, but I'm a bit doubtful since the interview was a bit unorganized and short.

Anonymous Employee  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Papaya Clothing in April 2014.

I turned in my application and the next day I got a call for an interview. I came in 30 minutes early and the manager let us start the interview at that time. She took me to the back and asked me about my self, why did I want to work there?, and so on. She finished up by telling me about the dress code and hours of the store.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: What do I like to do in my free time? All the question were easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Concord, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Papaya Clothing in November 2012.

it was easy and very laid back. they don't offer much in paycheck. manager is pretty nice however, they don't call back and they play favoritism so if you don't have any friends working in the store already, just know that you will not be hired. the interview was a complete waste of time and energy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aiea, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiea, HI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Papaya Clothing in June 2011.

Interview was super easy. questions were very basic.

no negotiation. you had to just take what was being offered.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Papaya Clothing.

Very easy. Asked my for my previous experience, what success means to me, goals, what motivates me, who inspires me, strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you think you were successful in life.   Answer Question

Minimum wage was too low in that city.

Anonymous Employee  in  Elmhurst, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Papaya Clothing in March 2013.

it was pretty simple, I came in early and the interview got started

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Papaya Clothing in September 2012.

Basically a girl whom I did not work with post job acceptance interviewed me in the back asking if I was available. I was hired a half hour later

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Augustine, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Papaya Clothing in March 2012.

There really wasn't anything to the interview. There weren't any questions asked. The manager just wanted to gossip during the interview. And after a pointless hour I was out of the builder with a job.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. A 5 year old would be capable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Papaya Clothing in September 2012.

Applied online Monday and they called for an interview Thursday. Went to the interview the next day at 11:30 a.m. The interview was real relaxed and basically all the manager asked me was my availability, my means of transportation and have I ever worked at a clothing store which I did (Aeropostale). After that she told me that she would call within a couple of days letting me know if I was hired. Today (Monday) she called me and offered me the job and to come in for orientation tomorrow at noon.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask many questions except about my previous experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay is 7.50.

Worked for Papaya Clothing? Contribute to the Community!