Paper Source Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.5

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paper Source (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

It was very easy and casual. Not intimidating. Interview with both store manager and also the assistant manager. Asks about management experience as well as crafting expertise. It helps to bring samples of what you have done as far as crafting ie: cards, scrapbooks, other crafting mediums.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladue, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paper Source (Ladue, MO).

Interview

Super easy. I applied on Indeed.com and was called a few hours after I submitted my application, short phone interview, and then in store interview. After that I was offered a job on the spot then commenced the fun paper work. I was hired on as seasonal then asked to stay as part time. It really is a unique company with their own brand and name. They also use local products as well to showcase in the shop.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to create every day?   1 Answer

Jun 19, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Excellent, happy to see you are enjoying your career with us.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paper Source (New York, NY).

Interview

I saw a posting on one of the job boards for a management position at Paper Source. I had popped in there a few times before for cards and the like and thought "why not check them out?" So I submitted my resume and heard back within the hour for a phone interview the next day. I spoke with a recruiter who was really good at coaching me on the position. She asked various ubiquitous interview questions nothing too hard. I had two phone interviews then met with the regional that same week. Throughout the process it seemed that position was being presented as something different than selling goods and services in which I have substantial experience. I was made an offer the following week for a lesser role than I had been up for. I declined the offer as I found the salary not competitive enough and the position too junior.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate a team to success?   1 Answer

May 24, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for the feedback and glad the experience was a good one. I do wish to clarify that everyone in the interview process was all on the same page as to the roles and responsibilitiees in ... More

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paper Source in June 2015.

Interview

So far it has been fun and informative! I was asked to visit a store and I found it to be very helpful. I had been to one of the stores before but this time I was paying attention to the displays and walls and learning more about the business. I really enjoyed the experience. I felt like the store was a perfect fit for me and would give me a chance to grow creatively and professionally. I hope I move further in the process a a get to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Question: What would you need to learn more about to work here.   Answer Question

Jun 16, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Great- looking forward to recapping visit with your respective recruiter.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

They brought me in for two interviews and never called me to inform me that I didn't get the position. I understand that I may have not been the applicant they were looking for, but I thought it was pretty unprofessional to not contact me after I took time to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Paper Source Response

May 21, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience. I reminded our hiring managers both in the field and in HQ of our interviewing and follow up etiquette so that we ensure a ... More

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

Informative, asked me "What if" sort of scenarios, if a customer was looking for gifts for their daughter. If someone came in who was engaged. They also asked what products in the store I liked, my favorite color from Paper Source, etc.

Interview Questions

• If a mother came in asking what kind of gift she should get her daughter for the holidays, what would you suggest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paper Source (Naples, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, received a call the next day from the most personable recruiter I have ever met, met with the Regional that day, and was in Chicago the next week for the final round of interviews. It was obvious to me from the start, and after meeting with the Regional, that this company really cares about its people. I knew I wanted to work for a leader like this Regional. When visiting Chicago, I continued to be impressed. They treated me like I was a member of the team even during this interview process. I felt comfortable and knew it was a great fit. This was by far the best interview process and experience I have had in my 20 years of working.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of pointed "people" and situational questions and how I would handle those situations. That was when I knew that the people were the most important thing to them. I was told "people work for people." That really stuck out to me. We also talked about what it means to be a leader and a manager.   1 Answer

Apr 14, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

We are very excited to have you on the team!

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paper Source (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for a position with Paper Source online after reading many positive things about the company. Within a few days I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview, however, luckily enough I was visiting Chicago (where HQ is located) so I suggested perhaps an in person interview might work better. During the first interview I met with the Recruitment Manager whom might I add, was an absolute pleasure! We talked in great length about my experience, the Paper Source team, and what they were truly looking for in the available position. No stone was left unturned and I left with a clear picture of what would be to come had I been given the role, which at that point, I really wanted! It seemed like a wonderful place to work. The final round of interviews was with both the COO and CEO whom I would be working closely with - they too had dynamic personalities which only strengthened my desire to work for such a great company. Not too long after, I received the good news - I got the offer!! A couple of months later, I can still say that my initial instinct was right. I am a very happy and proud member of the Paper Source team.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone that on many occasions despite all the deadlines and all your friendly reminders - still never gets you the information you need on time?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn for a Store Manager position. I discussed in-person with the recruiter the fact that I was a Store Manager currently, and expected to receive a Store Manager position with accompanying salary. I met with the District Manager, who then informed me that there were not any Store Manager positions available in the area. When I spoke to the recruiter next, she offered me an Assistant Manager position (with a salary that was 30% less than discussed). I informed her that I would not be able to accept such a step down in position or such a cut in salary.

Interview Questions

• "Would you be interested in an Assistant Manager position instead?"   Answer Question

I am not interested in taking a step down in my career, and frankly, I have bills to pay, and the salary offered would have left me better off on unemployment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paper Source (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

This was the most positive and pleasant experience, from start to finish, that I have ever had with a Company in my entire Career! The interview process started with a phone interview with the loveliest, most genuine Recruiter I have ever had the pleasure to meet. She was able to set me up with an in person interview with the RM, the same day. The next week, Paper Source generously flew me out to their Corporate Office. The Recruiter took me on a Tour of the facilities where I was able to view the Warehouse, Production, and Customer Print! I then interviewed with the COO, Store Operations, and the Field Recruitment Manager. All of which were so humble, down to earth, and welcoming! I was offered a position by the RM later that evening, which of course I accepted!! It was mind-blowing to see how much a Company would invest in a Potential Candidate. This is a Company that genuinely takes care of their people. I am so grateful for my experience and am so proud to now be part of such an amazing company! Thank you Paper Source!

Interview Questions

• What will be your greatest challenge in taking this position?   Answer Question

Mar 3, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

We can't wait for you to start! Congratulations.