Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in June 2011.

The interviewer was very friendly and relaxed. She asked a lot of scenario based question. If a guest had a problem with the meal? And of course the basic question: Tell me about yourself. After I interviewed with the recruiter, I was called back for an interview with the General Manager. His main concern was could I function well under stress. Once i had the job, I went through an intense four week training. They provided me with flashcards so I could learn every item on the menu. There were test that I completed online in the kitchen. I had to take a practical at the end of every section. I had to test for my TABC, which they paid me for. They do pay during training. It was $8.75 an hour.

Interview Questions
    It was pretty straight forward. I received standard pay for tipped staff--$2.13 an hour. The tips were pretty good though. During lunch I had an average type of $15 per table and during dinner $25 or higher per table. They typically give you three tables in your section.

Server Interview

I had one interview with the GM and got hired on the spot

Food Server Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen.

What is your favorite restaurant? Describe to me in detail about your favorite dish there. Why do you want to work for Pappadeaux? How would you handle a stressful night serving here? Have you ever been a server before?

Interview Questions
    You're a server - it's $2.13 or no job=)

Prep Cook Interview

Constant Professional

Interview Questions
    • It always has to do with my company " A++ Bar Restaurant and Nightclub Consulting".. The questions usually revolve around whether i will need days off, or if i will have the focus on job at hand if and when i have to perform duties for my own company. Basically, is there going to be a conflict of interests and performance issues...lol...   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in September 2010.

There were 2 interviews, one with a manager, and one with the General Manager. It seemed everyone with previous server experience was hired, and the slackers were weeded out with the training regime. Out of 5 people I went through training with, 2 did not make it onto the floor. The interviews, in my case at least, were unremarkable, with the exception of my interview with the GM, when he realized I wasn't interested in the job because of the exorbitant tipshare percentage they charged the servers, he switched from interviewing me to selling me on the restaurant's benefits and culture. I was flattered, and bought in to the culture and was glad he convinced me to give them a shot.

Interview Questions
    • I remember I was asked what was the most negative thing about my current employer/workplace. It was a trick question, you're not supposed to say anything negative about your previous/current employers/companies.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, servers in Texas get $2.13 an hour, plus tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in June 2013.

Come dressed for an interview and be up-beat. All interviews are done face-to-face on select days and at particular times, so it's a good idea to call ahead of time.

An initial interview will be conducted to determine your experience and skill level. General conversation and small talk will take place and if you can show that you are knowledgeable and likeable then you will be asked to return for a second interview with a more senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel sets you apart from other candidates? (All questions were pretty typical)   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bedford, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in December 2012.

general manager was nice and understanding, I hd just moved into the dfw area when I got offered the job, the waiting part for the interview took forever, they make people wait as long as they want because they simply do not want to do interviews that's what I learned from this restaurant. and they DO JUDGE on looks here.

Interview Questions
    there is a lot of drama here and everyone is in your business. just stay away from nosey people.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in May 2012.

Apply in person. Interviews are quick but they make you wait a long time in the restaurant. They hire a lot, but are very picky about appearances.

Interview Questions
    • I was not expecting the expected level of professionalism. Just make sure you are groomed properly and shave before.   Answer Question
    They started me on their training program immediately after the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in January 2012.

My interview was with the regional manager, who conducted the interview with a poker face. I had no idea how I was doing. The questions were pretty straight forward & typical..."How important is teamwork?, As a new server how would you respond to criticism?" etc. Coming from a buffet I had very little experience which he kept reminding me, but I continued to sell myself with a smile. Finally he told me I had a great attitude & was willing to train me.

Interview Questions
    • As a new server how would you respond to criticism from other employees?   View Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in May 2011.

Laid back informal interview

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Worked for Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen? Contribute to the Community!