Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Interview Details – I had one interview with the GM and got hired on the spot

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen.

Interview Details – What is your favorite restaurant? Describe to me in detail about your favorite dish there. Why do you want to work for Pappadeaux? How would you handle a stressful night serving here? Have you ever been a server before?

Interview Question – Describe your favorite dish to me in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You're a server - it's $2.13 or no job=)

Prep Cook Interview

Prep Cook

Interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Interview Details – Constant Professional

Interview Question – It always has to do with my company " A++ Bar Restaurant and Nightclub Consulting".. The questions usually revolve around whether i will need days off, or if i will have the focus on job at hand if and when i have to perform duties for my own company. Basically, is there going to be a conflict of interests and performance issues...lol...   View Answer

Richardson, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in September 2010.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews, one with a manager, and one with the General Manager. It seemed everyone with previous server experience was hired, and the slackers were weeded out with the training regime. Out of 5 people I went through training with, 2 did not make it onto the floor. The interviews, in my case at least, were unremarkable, with the exception of my interview with the GM, when he realized I wasn't interested in the job because of the exorbitant tipshare percentage they charged the servers, he switched from interviewing me to selling me on the restaurant's benefits and culture. I was flattered, and bought in to the culture and was glad he convinced me to give them a shot.

Interview Question – I remember I was asked what was the most negative thing about my current employer/workplace. It was a trick question, you're not supposed to say anything negative about your previous/current employers/companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, servers in Texas get $2.13 an hour, plus tips.

Server
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in June 2013.

Interview Details – Come dressed for an interview and be up-beat. All interviews are done face-to-face on select days and at particular times, so it's a good idea to call ahead of time.

An initial interview will be conducted to determine your experience and skill level. General conversation and small talk will take place and if you can show that you are knowledgeable and likeable then you will be asked to return for a second interview with a more senior manager.

Interview Question – What do you feel sets you apart from other candidates? (All questions were pretty typical)   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Bedford, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in December 2012.

Interview Details – general manager was nice and understanding, I hd just moved into the dfw area when I got offered the job, the waiting part for the interview took forever, they make people wait as long as they want because they simply do not want to do interviews that's what I learned from this restaurant. and they DO JUDGE on looks here.

Interview Question – why I wanted to work there   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is a lot of drama here and everyone is in your business. just stay away from nosey people.

Waiter Interview

Waiter
Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in May 2012.

Interview Details – Apply in person. Interviews are quick but they make you wait a long time in the restaurant. They hire a lot, but are very picky about appearances.

Interview Question – I was not expecting the expected level of professionalism. Just make sure you are groomed properly and shave before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started me on their training program immediately after the interview process.

Server
Marietta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in January 2012.

Interview Details – My interview was with the regional manager, who conducted the interview with a poker face. I had no idea how I was doing. The questions were pretty straight forward & typical..."How important is teamwork?, As a new server how would you respond to criticism?" etc. Coming from a buffet I had very little experience which he kept reminding me, but I continued to sell myself with a smile. Finally he told me I had a great attitude & was willing to train me.

Interview Question – As a new server how would you respond to criticism from other employees?   View Answer

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Alpharetta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in May 2011.

Interview Details – Laid back informal interview

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Interview

Norcross, GA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen.

Interview Details – Interview Tues-Wed 3-5. You get an interview on the spot if they're hiring.

They look for pleasant, outgoing, hard-working people.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen employees and interview candidates.