Pappas Restaurants Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pappas Restaurants

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I had a walk-in interview weeks before grand opening. The interviewer asked a series of questions related to the restaurant industry and we also talked about my prior work experince. The interviewer understood that I was a college student at the time and would be working part-time, so the overall experience was not very challenging.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that makes a good dining experience.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants.

Interview

Usually promoted from with in the current restaurant. Start off as a floor manager and then move to the kitchen. There are also Fast Track manager positions always available. These managers must have a college degree and apply at Main Office. The interview process will start with your GM, then the Concept Leader and then a Main Office staff member from the Management Development department.

Interview Questions

• There is a CPP test you take. A lot of your questions are going to based off of that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pappas will start you off at a lower pay rate, you need to ask for more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Sugar Land, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

quick question and answer with manager

Interview Questions

• none really. Seems like if they like you off first impression you get the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do you still need a job? Come in tomorrow for orientation. Simple

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

took a long time over three weeks all was glamorous on the outside. beware management does not see what both hands are really doing take your vacation as it is given . company terminated me and kept over 70hrs of vacation

Interview Questions

• interviewer offered 26.00 hour   1 Answer

Negotiation

wrong cuz offered job so I took it because former employeer let me go for physical I had to take for job change

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Houston, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I went in to fill out an application, and was asked to have an interview that same day. I interviewed with one of the managers that was working at the time. He asked some general questions about my availability, school, previous work experience, etc. He then asked me to sell my favorite Pappa's dish as if we were two friends dining out. I then was scheduled for a second interview with the GM which was exactly the same.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this dish to me if you were my friend and I asked you what your favorite dish was and why?   Answer Question

They offered me a position at a different location

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Pappas gives everyone an on the spot interview. You go in during the slow times and are asked to sit and fill out your application. Once you are finished a manager will come introduce themselves and pull you into an empty table to interview you. They ask you mostly basic questions about your previous work experience and school. They like to try and determine a little bit about your personality to see if you will fit into the Pappas culture. One big question is usually if you have reliable transportation. They want to know why you want to work there, basic stuff. The first interview is with a hiring manager, usually a higher up manager, and if you pass that, you will then have an interview with the GM. If you pass that they try and get you into orientation as soon as possible.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Dallas, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an online application and then they invite you to come to the restaurant, but once I got there they requested that I fill out the same application again on paper. Then once I finished they told me to come back tomorrow because they didn't want to do the interview on that day (even though they told me by email to come in on that day.) I decided not to return since I found the interview process so unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Can you please fill out a paper application?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants (Bedford, TX) in September 2007.

Interview

Interviewed with GM. She seemed impressed that I was in college. I acted professional and dressed nicely.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants in January 2007.

Interview

I went in and interviewed and then had to watch a movie. Just basic questions about scheduling and stuff.