Pappas Restaurants

Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pappas Restaurants

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants.

Usually promoted from with in the current restaurant. Start off as a floor manager and then move to the kitchen. There are also Fast Track manager positions always available. These managers must have a college degree and apply at Main Office. The interview process will start with your GM, then the Concept Leader and then a Main Office staff member from the Management Development department.

Interview Questions
    • There is a CPP test you take. A lot of your questions are going to based off of that.   Answer Question
    Pappas will start you off at a lower pay rate, you need to ask for more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants in May 2012.

quick question and answer with manager

Interview Questions
    • none really. Seems like if they like you off first impression you get the job   Answer Question
    Do you still need a job? Come in tomorrow for orientation. Simple

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pappas Restaurants in August 2011.

took a long time over three weeks all was glamorous on the outside. beware management does not see what both hands are really doing take your vacation as it is given . company terminated me and kept over 70hrs of vacation

Interview Questions
    wrong cuz offered job so I took it because former employeer let me go for physical I had to take for job change

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants in May 2010.

I went in to fill out an application, and was asked to have an interview that same day. I interviewed with one of the managers that was working at the time. He asked some general questions about my availability, school, previous work experience, etc. He then asked me to sell my favorite Pappa's dish as if we were two friends dining out. I then was scheduled for a second interview with the GM which was exactly the same.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell this dish to me if you were my friend and I asked you what your favorite dish was and why?   Answer Question

They offered me a position at a different location

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants in February 2010.

Pappas gives everyone an on the spot interview. You go in during the slow times and are asked to sit and fill out your application. Once you are finished a manager will come introduce themselves and pull you into an empty table to interview you. They ask you mostly basic questions about your previous work experience and school. They like to try and determine a little bit about your personality to see if you will fit into the Pappas culture. One big question is usually if you have reliable transportation. They want to know why you want to work there, basic stuff.

The first interview is with a hiring manager, usually a higher up manager, and if you pass that, you will then have an interview with the GM. If you pass that they try and get you into orientation as soon as possible.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants in June 2009.

The interview process consisted of an online application and then they invite you to come to the restaurant, but once I got there they requested that I fill out the same application again on paper. Then once I finished they told me to come back tomorrow because they didn't want to do the interview on that day (even though they told me by email to come in on that day.) I decided not to return since I found the interview process so unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions
    • Can you please fill out a paper application?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants in September 2007.

Interviewed with GM. She seemed impressed that I was in college. I acted professional and dressed nicely.

I didn't negotiate.

Waiter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pappas Restaurants in January 2007.

I went in and interviewed and then had to watch a movie. Just basic questions about scheduling and stuff.