Pappasito's Cantina

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pappasito's Cantina

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina.

I applied in person as requested. Questions were very basic and what is to be expected like "Tell me about yourself", tell me a time when you have had to use multitasking skills in a difficult situation. They basically just want to see if you can talk to people and hold your own (also they don't want you to have a pea brain)

Interview Questions
    • Easy interview, nothing unexpected for service industry   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, it was my first job at age 16 and was hired on the spot.

To Go Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina.

I got the job on the spot, he asked me a few questions and that was it. It was a very standard interview, he was a nice guy. I started training that same week.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina.

Very detailed, and the take pride in assuring they hire the right staff. It was a 3 step interview process and it was all very professional.

Interview Questions
    • No question was to difficult or unexpected if you know how to interview.   Answer Question

Door Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina in August 2013.

They have specific days where they interview from 2-5 Tues - Thurs. As you walk in, you greet the hostess and tell her that you would like to interview; she gives you an application (bonus points if you've already gotten one from online and filled it out) and takes any resumes you might have. You sit at the back bar for about 30 minutes, just so they can get a feel of your attitude/patience level. Then one of the restaurant managers takes you to a table secluded from guests and gives you a 5-minute interview. They checked my reference from a previous supervisor on spot, and scheduled my second and final interview with the general manager for the next day. All of the questions were pretty simple (e.g. what positions are you interviewing for, what is your availability)
    They told me I was hired on the spot, great right? But they didn't call me until 3 weeks later. In the duration of those three weeks, I had already received 2 other job offers and multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is going on in your life that might interfere with working?   Answer Question

THEY TOOK LITERALLY ONE MONTH TO CALL ME AND GIVE ME THE OFFER.