Pappasito's Cantina Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pappasito's Cantina

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick same day, informal. I filled out the application, and most of the questions pertained to my experience. They asked me what I can bring to the table. They were very nice and informal. Then we discussed scheduling and training. Training was really fast and helpful. The interview was very fast and the hiring process was even faster.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very short and simple. I submitted my application in person, and within a week was called back for a short interview with a Manager. After the interview, the Manager asked me about my schedule and I filled out employment forms then and there.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was being loud and aggressive, what would you do?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina.

Interview

I applied in person as requested. Questions were very basic and what is to be expected like "Tell me about yourself", tell me a time when you have had to use multitasking skills in a difficult situation. They basically just want to see if you can talk to people and hold your own (also they don't want you to have a pea brain)

Interview Questions

• Easy interview, nothing unexpected for service industry   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, it was my first job at age 16 and was hired on the spot.

To Go Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina.

Interview

I got the job on the spot, he asked me a few questions and that was it. It was a very standard interview, he was a nice guy. I started training that same week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very detailed, and the take pride in assuring they hire the right staff. It was a 3 step interview process and it was all very professional.

Interview Questions

• No question was to difficult or unexpected if you know how to interview.   Answer Question

Door Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

They have specific days where they interview from 2-5 Tues - Thurs. As you walk in, you greet the hostess and tell her that you would like to interview; she gives you an application (bonus points if you've already gotten one from online and filled it out) and takes any resumes you might have. You sit at the back bar for about 30 minutes, just so they can get a feel of your attitude/patience level. Then one of the restaurant managers takes you to a table secluded from guests and gives you a 5-minute interview. They checked my reference from a previous supervisor on spot, and scheduled my second and final interview with the general manager for the next day. All of the questions were pretty simple (e.g. what positions are you interviewing for, what is your availability)
    They told me I was hired on the spot, great right? But they didn't call me until 3 weeks later. In the duration of those three weeks, I had already received 2 other job offers and multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is going on in your life that might interfere with working?   Answer Question

THEY TOOK LITERALLY ONE MONTH TO CALL ME AND GIVE ME THE OFFER.

Busboy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Arlington, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Went in one day to get an application, turned it in on the spot, and got an interview set up just days later. They will basically take anyone they can get for that position, so the interview process was not very hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pappasito's Cantina (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

They interview 2-5pm daily. There were 3 rounds of interviews. Each question was pretty straightforward. No trick questions. The GM can be a bit hard to read, but he's very professional

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of when you had to prioritize or multi-task?   Answer Question