Papyrus

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Keyholder Interview

Keyholder

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Papyrus.

Interview Details – You will get the job if you know someone inside. They rarely hire outside of 'the circle'. I knew a manager and got the job immediately, no interview. Just filled out the application.

Negotiation Details – I needed a job and did not negotiate.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Papyrus in October 2013.

Interview Details – I dropped in my resume by walking into the store. It was during the holiday time so I was hired as a seasonal sales associate. Very basic interview questions.

Interview Question – Nothing really, they were all basic.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Papyrus in September 2011.

Interview Details – Had to go through two formal interviews and a meet and greet with area manager during first week of employment

Interview Question – Not any very difficult questions   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Papyrus.

Interview Details – Initial communication via a recruiter, set up interview with district manager for a store manager position. Fairly casual and informal interview. Interview was rather unprofessional with no real structure to interview questions. A lot of emphasis placed on appearance at interview. Did interviewee present themselves as the 'type' of person who would work with the company? Dress to impress.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly typical interview questions-strenghths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Papyrus.

Interview Details – Meet with manager or general manager asked about previous experience and why you want to work for Papyrus. Youll be asked simple questions like when youll be able to start and how much youd like to make (aim high say at least 9!) And you should be done with the interview within 10 mins

Interview Question – None, very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, i took what they offered.

Manager-In-Training Interview

Manager-In-Training
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Papyrus in January 2010.

Interview Details – applied on-line....phone interview......in-person interview
Took about 2 weeks

Interview Question – very typical interview questions   Answer Question

Sister Store Manager Interview

Sister Store Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and interviewed at Papyrus.

Interview Details – I was actually working for a different company and we were bought out by Papyrus so I didn't really "choose" to work there -- it was more of an ultimatum. We received almost zero training and were thrown into the deep end from day one without anyone checking to see if we could swim.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation.

White Plains, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Papyrus in July 2012.

Interview Details – I saw a sign in the window saying they were hiring. I went in and asked what positions were available. The manager quickly scheduled an interview with me to talk about the possible positions that were available. I go into the interview 20 min early because its always good to show the interviewee that you are serious about the position. The interview went very well easy flow, comfortable, with simple questions. Such as tell me about yourself?. . .work experience, why you want to work with Papyrus, availability, and questions like that. No difficult or unexpected questions. The interview ended and the interviewee said she would give her written work from the interview to her hiring manager who will look over everything and then give me a call back. It was a bit confusing because I was given an interview but the interviewee was unable to make specific which positions were available and in what location.

Interview Question – The questions asked during the interview were pretty basic questions. Tell me about yourself. . .work experience, availability, and why I wanted to work for the company. Pretty simple and straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Papyrus in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online was called within 2 weeks had a phone interview then came in for face to face on Monday. Interview lasted an hour.

Interview Question – Regarding accounting experience, schooling, work history. Mostly behavior based questions if this happens what would you do, how have you handle this situation in the past conflict with co-workers, etc.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Papyrus in October 2011.

Interview Details – When I first walked into the Papyrus on Lexington Ave on the Upper east Side of Manhattan, New York I was greeted very warmly by the staff that was currently on duty. The MOD at the time handed me an application which I took home and returned the next morning with a copy of both my resume and cover letter. Both days that I visited the store, I dressed very professionally and made sure that I was a as clean cut as possible. Within two weeks, the store manager contacted me to set up an interview.

On the day of my interview, I was greeted by the same staff that I had seen the days i picked up and returned my application. The manager was a very energetic and eclectic woman whose hand I shook upon meeting her. The interview was very basic. She asked what types of jobs I had in the past, what sort of skills and qualifications I felt that I had for this work environment, whether or not I was in school, if I had another job etc. During the interview I had noticed that my resume was sitting in a pile of numerous others and I realized that they were simply going through the pile and hadn't really "picked" me--which is normal. At the conclusion of the interview, I shook her hand once again and she told me that I would be contacted in the next week or so on whether or not I would be working at the store. Sure enough, three days later I got a call stating that I had been hired and that I should come in the following Monday to fill out paperwork and get a schedule worked out!

Interview Question – "What skills do you have that make you suited for this position?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I was only applying for a job as a part-time Sales Associate, I was asked what type of hourly rate was best suited for me. I considered asking for eleven dollars an hour, but realized that my current living situation wasn't quite up there now (though NOW it is!) so I talked myself down to asking for nine dollars an hour. For anyone applying for a position like this, keep mind that you are only applying for a job as a Sales Associate at an up-scale card shop. There isn't much brain power behind what you'll be doing. When trying to come up with a rate that is best for you take into consideration the type of neighborhood the store is located in, what your current living situation is, and how much a the average Sales Associate makes at any Papyrus.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Papyrus

Worked for Papyrus? Contribute to the Community!