Par Pharmaceutical Companies

Interviews for Top Jobs at Par Pharmaceutical Companies

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies in September 2014.

Brief telephone conversation about the position and my salary expectations followed by on-line "interview" where I had to log into a system with my computer and record answers to questions using my webcam. I was not speaking to a real person, just a computer, so there was no opportunity for follow-up questions or any give and take. When the question comes up on the screen you have 30 seconds to formulate a response and then 3 minutes to state your answer. I found this to be very cold, impersonal, and much more difficult than a live interview. I am sure I did not present myself well due to my nervousness. I did not receive any feedback in the 2 weeks following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember a specific question. I had expected a typical "phone interview" line of questioning where I simply go through my qualifications. Most questions were of the "describe a time when..." type, which I think are much more difficult to answer in this format.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Valley, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Valley, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies in April 2012.

Only consisted of a phone interview. First the head of HR called to let me know, caught me off guard because I had been sleeping. A couple days later, the person I'd be reporting to called. Talked for about 15 minutes about my experience--seemed like he was just trying to get a feel of what kind of person I was (hardworking, driven, etc.), if I'd be able to travel all the way there, etc.. At the end, hinted that I'd gotten the position. HR called a few minutes later to confirm.

Interview Questions
    • If you could redo something in your life, what would it be?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies in March 2012.

Phone/In-person

Not interested in working there.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies in April 2009.

It was the most normal interview I have ever had. The people were down to earth and did not ask any ridiculous questions. During the interview I felt like I knew those individuals already. The HR was pretty stiff but they had no impact on the hiring process, they were simply there because they were supposed to be there.

Interview Questions
    • What were your responsibilities at your past employer?   Answer Question