Paradies Shops

2.4

Assistant Manager of Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paradies Shops.

fairly easy process. Applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had to go through several emails with the recruiter because she travels a lot, so ended up having it a week after it was supposed to be. Was then contacted by the General Manager at the airport of the job and brought in for an interview with him and his boss. Fairly standard interview, they seem to be looking for someone who has a professional business mind, but can keep up with the hectic pace of working in an airport. Please note: you must be willing to relocate if you take this position. They like to promote from within and that always means sending you to another location seeing as there aren't multiple main airports in every location. Was told I would find out whether or not I received the position, but 3 weeks later have still heard nothing.

Assistant Buyer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Paradies Shops in April 2014.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. If you don't get the job, they let you know with in a week. The questions are challenging, but make for good engaging conversation. Over all everyone is nice and enjoyable to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paradies Shops in September 2013.

Was great , manager was very nice and willing to work with you as far as schedule

Interview Questions
    He just asked me if I wanted to work for them I said yes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paradies Shops.

I applied online, a week later got a call back. The interview was very easy, asked behavior questions, passed work experience, and future goals. They offer benefits even to part timers! People that have worked there have been there for years, so there is not a lot of room to move around.

The pay was extremely low $8.50, i was making 13.00 from my previous job

Sales Associate Interview

Fill out application, if they 're interested they will call. They will ask you several questions. Test you. And if all goes well they will hire you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paradies Shops in April 2013.

Applied on careerbuilder.com. Phone Interview with manager (easy about work history) and 1:1 Interview (awkward situational questions). 1:1 interview you filled out an official job application. The interview was very selective and slow process. Manager interviewed five other people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer serivice? Your resume stands out to be technology friendly, can you tell me how you got your expertise? Can you suggestive sell for example this bag of candy with a soft drink purchase, can you tell me how you would do it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

It will be difficult to actually get in at a specific time to get an interview, if you get a call at all. Many times applications are "lost". The General Manager is not coordinated enough in the schedule to keep a specified appointment time with applicants. Expect to wait.

Interview Questions
    • "We sometimes call people in even when they are not on the schedule to cover someone else's shift." Take this seriously, as there is no overtime and if you do not make the time on your day off, or even if you miss the call it will reflect negatively on your performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paradies Shops in September 2012.

I was interviewed by two people, The H.R. and district manager from corporate. They were both very nice. The dist. manager was very inpressed with my resume and asked why I would want to work for them. I said I had been looking for a long time and needed a job with health benefits. Paradies Shops offer them to employees working 20 hrs or more.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paradies Shops in May 2012.

I initially applied on a Friday and I heard a response that same day. I had a total of 4 interviews...very detailed, very precise. I met with the Regional Director and the Senior Partners through this decision making process. The interviews felt more like detailed conversations of the expectations of the company as well as how my previous experiences applied to the position I was applying to. I am a naturally energetic person, so interviews do not bother me, but for the average person, this process is a little overwhelming, but the compensation is definitely worth the wait time.

Interview Questions
    • How would your current supervisor rate you?   Answer Question
    • What is one situation that was extremely difficult in regards to a customer, how would you handle it and what would you change?   Answer Question
    They asked me a number of questions in regards to my last employer to make sure that their offer was comparable enough to recruit me. From salary, bonus, medical deductibles, it was very thorough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paradies Shops in September 2009.

The interview is easy. For guys make sure you are dressed nice and clean shaven. No long hair on men. They ask questions and want to higher people quickly. So it is all going to be basic. What do you know about the company? Are you aware of this or that? Nothing that really effects your chances.