Paradies Shops Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Locks, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paradies Shops (Windsor Locks, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online twice. Phone interview. 1:1 Interview. finger printing (since most jobs are in a airport) drug test and a background check. Originally, I applied for part-time and was turned down largely because more applicants applied. My interview manager said, for me to reapply but for full-time because its less competitive and it is by shift vs what hours can we squeeze you into for a slot. Management said, Less people work full-time and take advantage of the companies great benefits program.

Interview Questions

• All basic questions. This is the only crazy question. Where did you learn about how to use all the technology on your resume?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager of Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paradies Shops (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

fairly easy process. Applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had to go through several emails with the recruiter because she travels a lot, so ended up having it a week after it was supposed to be. Was then contacted by the General Manager at the airport of the job and brought in for an interview with him and his boss. Fairly standard interview, they seem to be looking for someone who has a professional business mind, but can keep up with the hectic pace of working in an airport. Please note: you must be willing to relocate if you take this position. They like to promote from within and that always means sending you to another location seeing as there aren't multiple main airports in every location. Was told I would find out whether or not I received the position, but 3 weeks later have still heard nothing.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paradies Shops in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. If you don't get the job, they let you know with in a week. The questions are challenging, but make for good engaging conversation. Over all everyone is nice and enjoyable to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paradies Shops (Pensacola, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Was great , manager was very nice and willing to work with you as far as schedule

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He just asked me if I wanted to work for them I said yes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paradies Shops (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I literally was hired because A friend worked there. Other than that me and the hiring manager at the time just chatted, exchanged stories, and discussed the rules for the job. Now the current hiring manager doesn't appear to do this because I see new people breaking rules all the time.

Interview Questions

• she only asked if I had any questions really.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paradies Shops (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

Casual quick and comfortable. Very straight to the point and professional. I met the interviewer in a seating area in the airport because the job is located at the airport. I did not have to go through security in order to interview this way. My interviewer asked concise questions regarding my job intent and wished to know about my previous experience. I was called back right away to start work after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be sure to prove that you offer great customer service skills and can do inventory, ordering and merchandising, as well as sales and cash handling.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paradies Shops (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I applied online, a week later got a call back. The interview was very easy, asked behavior questions, passed work experience, and future goals. They offer benefits even to part timers! People that have worked there have been there for years, so there is not a lot of room to move around.

The pay was extremely low $8.50, i was making 13.00 from my previous job

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Fill out application, if they 're interested they will call. They will ask you several questions. Test you. And if all goes well they will hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paradies Shops (Hartford, CT) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied on careerbuilder.com. Phone Interview with manager (easy about work history) and 1:1 Interview (awkward situational questions). 1:1 interview you filled out an official job application. The interview was very selective and slow process. Manager interviewed five other people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer serivice? Your resume stands out to be technology friendly, can you tell me how you got your expertise? Can you suggestive sell for example this bag of candy with a soft drink purchase, can you tell me how you would do it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It will be difficult to actually get in at a specific time to get an interview, if you get a call at all. Many times applications are "lost". The General Manager is not coordinated enough in the schedule to keep a specified appointment time with applicants. Expect to wait.

Interview Questions

• "We sometimes call people in even when they are not on the schedule to cover someone else's shift." Take this seriously, as there is no overtime and if you do not make the time on your day off, or even if you miss the call it will reflect negatively on your performance.   Answer Question