Paradise Bakery & Café Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paradise Bakery & Café

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, the next day I got a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I met the manager and he was very straightforward that he was looking for people, and was willing to give me a chance. He then informed me I would start out as a salad maker, and that I would need to wear black pants and non-slip shoes. He also told me the company would provide a chef outfit and cap.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was fine with minimum wage since it is my first job.

Barista Interview

Interview

GM called me and asked if I could come in on a ____ day to have an interview. Gave me a time and that was it. Sat in the dining area for her to come out and ask me questions. Uncomfortable interview area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Carmel, IN).

Interview

The interview was very informal, and the store manager was very rude and degrading about his employees during our discussion. That store manager no longer works there, as I am told.

Interview Questions

• Questions were short and simple, and mostly related to whether I was available whenever they wanted and would accept the low wage. The manager also told me outright that employees are not allowed to receive raises. Ever.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, which is normal for the service industry. It's basically "do what we want, or we won't hire you."

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Goodyear, AZ).

Interview

Took ten minutes and we kept getting interrupted. They said they were going to call me for a second interview but they never called. I called twice to know the status but no one ever called me back.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

Hour long phone interview with a subsequent formal application process and personality test.

Interview Questions

• Who are you most proud of developing in your past? Where are they now and what approach did you take with them.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with a few general managers followed by a district manager interview. Interviewed with each gm at their cafe. then an intro day which was a work the shift type thing. Very present experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Chandler, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

Very standard, applied and got called in a hour later. The interview was very casual the GM at the time interviewed me. Discussed what my job would be, and asked about my past education

Barista, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2010.

Interview

Basic questions asked about customer service (if a customer had a problem, how would you take care of it?), general knowledge in the area (do you have any experience? what was your previous job like? why do you want to work here?), working as a team/with others (are you a sociable person?).

Cashier Interview

Interview

It's very standard--they sit you down, and ask if you'd be good with people, how much experience you've had in the field, if you know how to close a shop, if you can be trusted, etc. They didn't do a drug test, and I wish they did, because a lot of the people I worked with smoked too much.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café in January 2010.

Interview

Online Test/assessment, in person interview, 2 followup visits

Interview Questions

Negotiation

got a slightly higher wage than typical starting employees, but was enormously overqualified.