Paradise Bakery & Café

Updated Aug 9, 2014

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paradise Bakery & Café

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café in August 2014.

I applied online, the next day I got a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I met the manager and he was very straightforward that he was looking for people, and was willing to give me a chance. He then informed me I would start out as a salad maker, and that I would need to wear black pants and non-slip shoes. He also told me the company would provide a chef outfit and cap.

Interview Questions
    I was fine with minimum wage since it is my first job.

Barista Interview

GM called me and asked if I could come in on a ____ day to have an interview. Gave me a time and that was it. Sat in the dining area for her to come out and ask me questions. Uncomfortable interview area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café.

The interview was very informal, and the store manager was very rude and degrading about his employees during our discussion. That store manager no longer works there, as I am told.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were short and simple, and mostly related to whether I was available whenever they wanted and would accept the low wage. The manager also told me outright that employees are not allowed to receive raises. Ever.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, which is normal for the service industry. It's basically "do what we want, or we won't hire you."

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Goodyear, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café.

Took ten minutes and we kept getting interrupted. They said they were going to call me for a second interview but they never called. I called twice to know the status but no one ever called me back.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café in June 2012.

Hour long phone interview with a subsequent formal application process and personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Who are you most proud of developing in your past? Where are they now and what approach did you take with them.   Answer Question

Barista, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café in December 2010.

Basic questions asked about customer service (if a customer had a problem, how would you take care of it?), general knowledge in the area (do you have any experience? what was your previous job like? why do you want to work here?), working as a team/with others (are you a sociable person?).

Cashier Interview

It's very standard--they sit you down, and ask if you'd be good with people, how much experience you've had in the field, if you know how to close a shop, if you can be trusted, etc. They didn't do a drug test, and I wish they did, because a lot of the people I worked with smoked too much.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café in January 2010.

Online Test/assessment, in person interview, 2 followup visits

Interview Questions
    got a slightly higher wage than typical starting employees, but was enormously overqualified.

Worked for Paradise Bakery & Café? Contribute to the Community!