Paradise Bakery & Café

Relevance Date Difficulty

Barista Interview

Barista

Interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café

Interview Details – GM called me and asked if I could come in on a ____ day to have an interview. Gave me a time and that was it. Sat in the dining area for her to come out and ask me questions. Uncomfortable interview area.

Interview Question – How to motivate empolyees to do their jobs.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Carmel, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café.

Interview Details – The interview was very informal, and the store manager was very rude and degrading about his employees during our discussion. That store manager no longer works there, as I am told.

Interview Question – Questions were short and simple, and mostly related to whether I was available whenever they wanted and would accept the low wage. The manager also told me outright that employees are not allowed to receive raises. Ever.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, which is normal for the service industry. It's basically "do what we want, or we won't hire you."

Goodyear, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café.

Interview Details – Took ten minutes and we kept getting interrupted. They said they were going to call me for a second interview but they never called. I called twice to know the status but no one ever called me back.

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Indianapolis, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café in June 2012.

Interview Details – Hour long phone interview with a subsequent formal application process and personality test.

Interview Question – Who are you most proud of developing in your past? Where are they now and what approach did you take with them.   Answer Question

Barista, Cashier Interview

Barista, Cashier
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café in December 2010.

Interview Details – Basic questions asked about customer service (if a customer had a problem, how would you take care of it?), general knowledge in the area (do you have any experience? what was your previous job like? why do you want to work here?), working as a team/with others (are you a sociable person?).

Interview Question – Why do you think you deserve this job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café

Interview Details – It's very standard--they sit you down, and ask if you'd be good with people, how much experience you've had in the field, if you know how to close a shop, if you can be trusted, etc. They didn't do a drug test, and I wish they did, because a lot of the people I worked with smoked too much.

Interview Question – can't remember.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paradise Bakery & Café in January 2010.

Interview Details – Online Test/assessment, in person interview, 2 followup visits

Interview Question – All questions were standard and straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – got a slightly higher wage than typical starting employees, but was enormously overqualified.

Worked for Paradise Bakery & Café? Contribute to the Community!