Paragon Sporting Goods

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paragon Sporting Goods

Web Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paragon Sporting Goods in February 2013.

Great Interview process. 1st you need to attend an open house that takes place in the store and when your turn comes you do a quick 1 on 1 with a hiring manager. If they like you and your experience they will tell you what position they have for you on the spot and after that you will be assigned with a manager of your department to go thru a second little screening. Boom! you got a job!

Web Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Paragon Sporting Goods in January 2013.

Hiring is done on an Open House shotgun hiring basis. What shotgun hiring is, they hire 10 employees in hopes of 1 being good to fulfill the needs of the company.

Interview Questions
    • There are none to be honest they look for the least qualified worker so they wont demand more money or benefits.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Paragon Sporting Goods in December 2011.

Open house, no standardized interview process. They flat out said they were looking for athletic people and not overweight people.

Stock Work Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Paragon Sporting Goods in December 2010.

It was an open house. I was second on line and they gave out applications and said we could sit on the the seats in the sneakers section. I came back to the line and not only could I not get my place in line back (second online) but people were online ahead of me who were still in the process of filling out their application. Maybe I shouldn't have but I mentioned that I wanted my place online back but said I was flexible and would not mind going to the end either. The manager looked at my application and resume and said he did not have anything for me now. I asked if there is a way I could keep in touch with him in the future and he said he does not keep resumes on file. I found this very insulting.

Interview Questions
    • Looked at my resume and then in less than a minute said he was not interested. I think he may have already enough people and did not want to tell everybody on line that.   Answer Question

Salseman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Saw ad on craigslist so i went in the next day. got there early and i was lucky because there was already a bunch of people. got application and luckily was one of the first people in line. got hired on the spot after a few questions on my history. I didn't have much experience other than a college degree but i got hired right away and started the next day.

Interview Questions
    no real negotiation , guy wrote number and i accepted needed the job.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Paragon Sporting Goods in September 2009.

Well it was very straight forward; they simply asked for my available hours and why i needed a job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Paragon Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!