Parametric Portfolio Associates

Updated Jul 18, 2014

2.6

Solutions Technician (Technical Support By Another Name) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates in July 2014.

I initially found this position online and sent my resume and a cover letter. Since then, it seems that the parties responsible for hiring couldn't care less and were just going thru the motions.

The first phone screening I had was a few minutes late, the HR representative sounded bored, asked such general questions that I could have said anything and felt like they were reading a script. When I asked them questions, they hesitated a lot, said that some of the questions were too hard to answer and left me feeling like this was a dead end.

I was surprised when I got an email for a second phone interview. This interview never happened, as the call came much later than the scheduled time. There was no heads up that it was being pushed back at all. I declined moving forward with the company at this point, as it appeared that this company has a lack of professional standards that would not be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • Word for work "Tell me about your history?"   View Answer

Operations Technology Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates in April 2014.

applied through school job board, phone interview after one week, and got invited to an in-person interview the next day.

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates in January 2014.

Was put forward for the job with a recruitment agency
    The hiring manager at the company called me, and was hired after only the phone interview

Interview Questions
    • A lot of very detailed questions about Excel and past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Client Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates in January 2014.

I found the interviewing process very friendly and non-intimidating. However, considering I made it to the actual in-person interview, I would have appreciated an email saying something to the effect of "Thank you for your interest, we've been fortunate to have received numerous inquiries for this particular role and would like to inform you that we're going to pursue one of the other candidates at this time.." or something generic. I never heard back from anyone considering when I left, they did tell me to touch base "if you don't hear anything" I did just that and never received a reply. I just felt it was a little unprofessional.

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates in November 2013.

Applied online, was contacted by HR for a phone interview.

Spoke with a Human Recourses recruiter who when I answered yawned and had a tried tone right from the start. Five minutes in she explained the role has been filled.
    It was unfortunate, I was really excited about the firm, did my research and strongly believe I would be a great fit for them.
    Hopefully this type of interview isn't common with them

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about paraport?
      Tell me about yourself.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates.

First had a phone interview with someone from HR and then had an on-site interview from 11am-2pm. There was an excel test and then I met with 4 other people individually. They asked about previous experiences and mostly behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates.

first interview, seemed like a good fit but did not reply even after follow up

Interview Questions
    • none, just walk through your resume, and what the company does   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates in March 2013.

Started with a phone interview by HR, followed up with onsite interview. On site lasted 2.5 hours and was with five separate individuals. Then received a call from HR with their offer later that week. Overall I felt like the interview process was very smooth and would gladly do it again.

Interview Questions
    • How do you separate yourself from the other candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates.

I was contacted via a recruiter for an interview at PPA. The initial interviews were all done in person and were 1 on 1. I met with a couple of levels of management from the department I was looking to join. The job is entry level so the questions are geared towards a basic knowledge of finance, the firm and also your skill level with Excel. The interviews spanned 2 days with a call back coming the 3rd day offering me the job.

Since being hired, the process has changed a little. We now have a permanent HR manager who does all of the initial screening and only asks behavioral questions. Once you pass that, the interviews are with the department and team you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know Excel? What is your level of Skill (beginner, intermediate, advanced)?   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • What do you know about Parmetric and our products?   View Answer
    There is a little wiggle room when it comes to negotiating. Make sure you understand what is a realistic number and tell them why you deserve it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Parametric Portfolio Associates in August 2009.

Had a phone screen interview in which they asked simple fit questions. Was called back for an in-person interview. Consisted of just a one on one interview with an HR rep. Asked about past experience as well as more fit and behavioral questions. This was an entry-level operations position, so the questions weren't too technical. Was given an attention-to-detail type of test.

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn about the company from the pamphlet at the front desk?   Answer Question