Paramount Pictures

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.7

Finance Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

2 interviews: Phone screen and an in person interview. Interview questions revolved around why I would be a good fit and how I was the strong candidate. Because it was a manager position I had to talk about my preferred management style.

Energy Engineering Interview

Applied online via a school-oriented job posting site (mustangjobs), with only a resume submitted. Was contacted by HR (Carol Farag) to set up an interview with my boss-to-be (over the phone). All the questions were mostly soft-skill based. Nothing very technical. After a week was contacted again to be hired a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard, but why would you make the best candidate, not too difficult.   Answer Question
    None, flat $10 an hour

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paramount Pictures.

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a short phone interview. She asked me to come in for a 1:1 interview. I interviewed with her the next day as well as with the assistant I would have replaced.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. The usual what are your greatest weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Heard about the job opening through a referral. The hiring manager's office reached to set an interview. Dealt with hiring manager directly first, then once the ball was rolling HR stepped in to handle logistics.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more to see if our personalities were a match.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant III Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Email from HR - Schedule in person interview. Then met with hiring manager, then met HR coordinator for Department. The HR recruiters are so sweet and very professional. I didnt have to guess if I was a going to be hired or not, straight to the point and didnt waste my time.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paramount Pictures.

I first emailed my resume and cover letter to the director of the Paramount internship program and she forwarded them to the recruiter. Got a phone call from the recruiter to talk about my interests and he suggested that I interview with the accounting/finance department due to my major. After a week, I was brought in for an in-person interview with my future supervisors. Oh and there was an excel test because my job requires a lot of excel.

Interview Questions
    • Which one of your internships so far that you liked the most and why?   Answer Question

Director, Business Affairs Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

I interviewed with about 7 different people. Everyone was really nice but it was a challenging interview.

Interview Questions
    • Too many detailed questions about the entire position.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

moved very fast - recruiting team is great at keeping me informed and in the loop
    HR was the friendliest I've ever seen in a large corporate environment

Executive Director, Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paramount Pictures in February 2014.

I had two interviews, the first with the VP, Marketing, the second with VP, Marketing & Acquisitions. Both interviewers were thoughtful and open executives, and made a conversation about their business and my skills and experience very natural. Follow-up emails and correspondence that I sent was graciously replied to by the VP, Marketing. I didn't get the job, but came away with respect for the organization.

Production Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Very thorough interview.