Paramount Pictures

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director, Business Affairs Interview

Director, Business Affairs

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview Details – I interviewed with about 7 different people. Everyone was really nice but it was a challenging interview.

Interview Question – Too many detailed questions about the entire position.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview Details – moved very fast - recruiting team is great at keeping me informed and in the loop
HR was the friendliest I've ever seen in a large corporate environment

Interview Question – asking me to take a pay cut   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview.

Interview Question – Technical questions about camera equipment   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received better offer elsewhere

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director

Interviewed at Paramount Pictures

Interview Details – I didn't go thru the interview process

Very Easy Interview

Studio Page Interview

Studio Page

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Paramount Pictures in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was a group interview with 4-5 other individuals. It consisted of chatting together in a group, and then speed dating a separate interviewer every few minutes. Although they told us they would get back to us the next week regardless of whether we were extended offers, I did not hear back from them until 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paramount Pictures in June 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter is very prompt with follow-ups and keeping potential employees in the loop with HR's process. Was looking for a summer internship very late in the recruiting season; I applied to Paramount from the Bay area and received an email to schedule phone interviews about 1-2 weeks after. The recruiter was extremely nice and managed to schedule 3 separate interviews with different finance groups. In all 3 instances, the interviewers were very nice and the interviews were mainly behavioral. One or two logic-testing questions may pop up and catch you off guard.

The interview that got me an offer mainly revolved around talking about my excel skills and experiences. VBA is looked favorably upon.

Interview Question – Imagine I'm looking to enter the reality television market. I come to you for research information and factors to consider before entering the category. What steps would you take to conduct your research?   View Answer

West Hollywood, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Paramount Pictures in February 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone from HR and 1:1 interview (1 HR Manager and 2 Hiring manager)
Nice campus and friendly mangers. I got the rejection on the spot since one of manger thinks I don't have some skills he was looking for. I did not depend myself.

Interview Questions

Hollywood, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Paramount Pictures in May 2011.

Interview Details – i was first contacted by the HR and had a brief phone interview regarding why I want to leave my current employer, why I am interested in the position offered, and my experience and knowledge in the field.

Then, I was arranged a in-person interview with 4 people. It took about 3.5 hours back-to-back. I was exhausted after I was done, but I appreciate that all the interviews were done within one day so that I didn't need to take another day off of work for more rounds of interviews.

Interview questions were very in-depth. Mostly about previous experiences and knowledge. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to, but also extremely smart people. You basically really need to know what you are talking about to win them over.

Interview Question – How is your financial modeling skill? Have you built financial models from scratch?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very firm. no room for negotiation.

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Paramount Pictures in January 2009.

Interview Details – Met with 4 people within the department. Interviews were stacked, 1:1, typical interviews. Work environment & morale of this particular department was good-spirited. The organization and planning of the interview did not go as well as planned, due to conflicting schedules (e.g. meetings). However, an informal interview with another person was slipped in.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a job/leaving your current position?   Answer Question
  • Please explain how your current employer handles the amortization process for its product.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview Details – Phone interview, talked with recruiter, exploratory conversation.

Interview Question – Questions were generic.   Answer Question

Worked for Paramount Pictures? Contribute to the Community!