Paramount Pictures Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.7

Studio Page Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview

I found the posting online, applied, was contacted about two weeks later to set up first interview. The first round is a group interview. Show your personality and be bubbly -- the interviewers are looking to see how you'll interact with your tour guests. The second round is a couple weeks later and is a one-on-one interview, and it was pretty easy and brief.

Interview Questions

• What would you ultimately like to do in the entertainment industry?   Answer Question

Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Speed Networking: There's five tables with a manager and supervisor at each table, It's away for you to meet the supervisors you will be working with. Just have a lot of energy and be confident in movies. Don't be boring, but talk about the movies you like and more!

Interview Questions

• Just be animated and talk about movies... any movie from any studio.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview

Began the process in Jan of 2015. Had 2 phone screenings with HR in Jan and Feb and then did not hear anything until May. In May I interviewed with my department manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me directly. 1 st phone interview with whole panel, totally technical questions. It was an hour interview, everybody was very nice and helpful. They asked relevant questions. 2nd was online interview where they would ask you some troubleshooting scenarios and test your practical network knowledge. I aced the interview but due to no immigration sponsorship i have stopped follow up with HR. HR is the worst part of this company they might need to improve on that.

Interview Questions

• Nexus 5k VPC , VPC peer link keep alive link OSPF IA routes vs regular routes BGP port , BGP vs Ibgp BGP vs ospf admin distance vs more specific routes troubleshooting questions - you need to do this they will give you access to their lab firewall packet tracer firewall nat questions Find out mac by ip address ( using sho ip route, show mac address table ) filter bgp routes bgp neighbour not coming up - please configure them correctly   Answer Question

Energy Management and Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from HR...interviewd on the phone first...couple days later got an email from the saying the entire director of engineers would like to meet you. The I interview was a group interview with the directors and they were very friendly and welcoming

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with HR who were all very nice. Overall, they mostly asked about current position, why the position was desired. None of the "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type of questions were asked. They were very positive and prepped for the in-person interviews. In-person interviews included two managers who were mostly concerned with information directly related to the current position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview

Was called by HR to interview, and was brought in immediately. I was sent first to the team the position was with, and interviewed briefly with all the members of the very small group, didn't meet with HR at all. Was called back for a second round, being told "HR interview first, then interview with the head of the team". After meeting with HR to discuss salary and hiring timeline, I met again with the team, but the head of the team was "busy", so I was told we would have to reschedule. Weeks went by and after attempting to reach out to HR I never heard anything.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I interviewed with HR on the phone first. Afterwards i came on lot on two separate occasions to interview with HR and the individual members of the department in which I was looking to get hired. Most of the questions were philosophical or personality/getting to know you kinds of questions, rather than tests of my abilities.

Interview Questions

• How would you market a new movie that is meant for a specific audience?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR asking about resume, excel abilities and preference between operations and finance departments. One week later got a call from the team I eventually worked for and another potential employer. The interview lasted for about an hour, very chill experience, learned a lot about the potential employers and about their practice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview

Had a phone interview/screening with HR then came in, met with HR and the three people I support. Everyone was very nice, I loved my team instantly. HR was very nice, they were very friendly over the phone and in person. I really enjoyed the whole process, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really throw curve balls, they were really just looking to hire someone   Answer Question

Negotiation

I should have negotiated more, but please note, they don't really have that much money to begin with so don't expect the moon and stars