Pardot Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pardot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and Pardot's technical recruiter contacted me by email that same day to schedule a phone interview with him. The phone interview was straightforward and low stress. After the interview I was given a take-home coding exercise which didn't take more than an hour or two to complete. The exercise wasn't difficult by any means but the instructions and goal of the exercise were somewhat unclear and confusing. After I submitted my solution for the exercise I was scheduled for a 45 minute phone interview with an engineer. During the interview we had some brief introductions and I was asked to write an algorithm to solve a problem and unit test it over a shared screen. The problem they give is easy. Laughably easy. Anyone with even a slight amount of coding ability should have zero trouble with it. The rest of the time was spent with me asking various questions about Pardot and the open position. The final step was an on-site interview consisting of two rounds. Each round was an hour long with two interviewers in each round. The interviewers were a mixture of senior engineers and engineering managers. I was asked about my experience and about a few things from my resume. During the technical portion I was asked some basic SQL questions. I was given the schemas for some tables and asked to write a query that would get data out of them. I was also asked to write code to solve a problem which involved tree traversal. I was also given several design questions. Three days after the final interview the recruiter called to give me a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that will print the nodes of a tree in level order.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Pardot.

Interview

Your standard process here- phone screening followed by another follow-up call then lastly an in office interview with upper management. It was a very smooth process and one that I really did enjoy!

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pardot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

. 1) recruiter interview, 2) phone interview, 3) on site interview Phone interview went well. Fast turnaround. Two hiring managers asked behavioral questions On site interview was a pane, recruiter was very helpful. Would recommend

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pardot.

Interview

I applied for the BDR position multiple times over the course of a year or so and was so elated to finally hear back from a hiring manager there. We scheduled a phone interview via email. The interview was pretty easy, she told me about the company and asked me a few questions. She told me that she would pass my information along. After a week or so of not hearing back from her, I sent her an email just to find out if the position had been filed, but received no reply. The bad thing about applying with Pardot is that once you apply, you can't apply again, but they keep your resume on file. I'm never really confident when a company keeps your resume on file instead of letting you apply again, to me it's like being at the bottom of the pile. The BDR position opened up again, so I reached out to the same woman from before asking if I could be considered for the position, again, no reply. She was nice when I spoke to her, but it does get a bit frustrating when employees don't attempt to reach out to you, especially if it's gone as far as a phone interview. A simple straight and to the point email response would have sufficed. Nonetheless, I still would love to work for Pardot, the experience wasn't that bad for it to change my opinion of the company, so I'm sure I will apply again in the future like I've been doing.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and asked to complete a pre-interview screen. This consisted of a quick phone call and completing a coding question. Then I was asked to come in and met with 6 rounds of engineers. Everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the following questions: How many ping pong balls could fit on the surface of the moon. Asked how I would design an elevator (in space) My favorite joke.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pardot (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position and got a response the following week to attend an event where I could casually meet the manager( I thought this was a simple tactic to weed out candidates that the hiring manager did not like based off of quick-first impressions, therefore I did not attend). I then had a pretty thorough phone screen with a recruiter who was very nice, but she did not know much about the role, however she tried to remain very professional. Nearly 2 weeks later I was invited in for an interview, but also had to to fill out a questionnaire that required research. I was given adequate time to complete this-nearly 1 week ahead of the scheduled interview. This had to be submitted before the interview. I finally attended the interview and was greeted by the front staff who were very nice and welcoming. The recruiter came out and greeted me and led me on my way. (I read reviews about this place and was very delighted to see what it was like in person. No one was friendly beside front desk and recruiter.) I was led to this glass room and waited about 5 minutes as the recruiter was speaking to who at the time I assumed was the hiring manager. They kept obviously looking at me sitting in the glass room- I then knew that they were going to come in, but I guess was waiting for more of the team to tag along. Another girl finally showed up and the two of them came in together. They introduced themselves and its here I find out that neither of them are the manager. One girl pretty much handled the entire interview and she did a great job acting interested in my skills, but I knew the manager must have not been interested in me because she would have been there from the beginning. I took this as off-putting and I tried to remain professional to get me through. 35 minutes later, the hiring manager showed up and asked the exact same questions that her team member had just asked. Now, had she been in there from the beginning, we could have saved the redundancy and her 10 minutes. I found that rude especially because she did not introduce herself- I did not even learn her name until at the end when I was given a business card. In the end its interesting how people tend to judge or hire based off of fear of people of different backgrounds or cultures rather then skills and capabilities. Sadly the reviews are true. The company is not diverse at all and do not seem even open to it- and thats sad being based in Atlanta.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pardot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Unfortunately my experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth regarding Pardot, which is a shame because up to this point I had only heard good things about the company and I really admired a lot about the culture they've developed. I had an employee refer me to the position and after submitting my resume I was promptly contacted and scheduled a phone interview for the next day in the afternoon. The following morning I was emailed by the Senior Sales Recruiter and told an issue had arose and she was very sorry she had to reschedule. I let her know that that was fine and I know how things come up. We rescheduled the meeting for the following Monday at 3:30PM. 5 minutes after our scheduled time on Monday she emailed saying she had to reschedule again and asked what my availability was later in the afternoon or the next day at 11:30 AM--to which I said either would be fine. She never emailed me back so the next morning around 9AM I emailed her to confirm our time for and she responded 2 hours later thanking me for being understanding and that she'd call me at 4PM that afternoon. At this point the lack of professionalism and lack of respect was to much for me take and made me realize that they really aren't serious about attracting the top talent. I responded kindly and told her I appreciated the interest, however I needed to remove my name from consideration for this position. I let her know I was excited about the possibility of working there, but nonetheless if I had ever cancelled and rescheduled a meeting with a prospect, that was an opportunity I'd surely lose.

Interview Questions

• Can you reschedule your initial interview for the fourth time?   1 Answer

Client Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pardot (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online for the Client Advocate position at Pardot San Francisco with no referral. Received a call from the global recruiter within a week and had a phone interview. The recruiter is very nice and good at asking questions. After the phone interview, the recruiter immediately told me that she would like me to move forward to the next step - completing a number of questions about Pardot and its industry. It required research and I had about 4 days to complete the questions. After submission, I heard back in a week from the recruiter and went on to the second round of interviews. It was a video interview with their Client Advocate team in Atlanta. The interviewers were very friendly and it was easy to be myself and share as much as I could about my experience. After that interview, I heard from the recruiter again in about 10 days that I was invited for the final round of interviews in San Francisco. There were two rounds of interviews, three in each, and the interviewers ranged from new employees to the hiring manager. They were very friendly and professional and asked many good questions. They put me at ease and it was a surprisedly enjoyable interview. After that, when I sent my thank you emails, they all responded immediately. It was another 10 days when I learned that I did not unfortunately get the job. But the experience was great and I can only hope to try again.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned and what have you taught recently?   Answer Question

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pardot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Only one of two scheduled interviewers showed up (manager), as the more important of the two (VP) flaked out. This left the manager scrambling and after we talked he went and grabbed two random employees to fill the time. They came in and talked to me and they clearly lacked HR and interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How would I improve the economic policy of the White House administration?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pardot (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had an initial review with the recruiter, and she seemed more interested in what I make than what my qualifications are. I thought it was weird that she asked me my current salary on the first interview.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised she asked me my salary. Additionally, she offered nothing as far as what the job entailed, and didn't have any technical knowledge of the software this position is supposed to be selling.   Answer Question